PDA

View Full Version : Making the most of Entertainment Book

birdiegirl
07-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey all! I've never posted but have lurked for a long time, so I thought I'd join the fun with this question: I have ordered the Entertainment book for Orange Co. because I've read many posts advising that this is a good way to save some money. My question is how do you make the most of the book? Are there online discounts you can print out before the trip, or just the printed coupons in the book? Anyone have experience using the book? My family and I are heading to DL the first week of December, our second trip at that time of year, and definitely my favorite time to go. I'm hoping that once I receive my Entertainment book, I can narrow down which So. Harbor hotel we'll be staying at too. This is a great community! Keep up all the helpful posting!!

scotman283
07-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Which year Entertainment Book did you order, 2007 or 2008? The 2007 book expires Nov. 1 ,2007. The 2008 book to my knowledge has not been released. The book changes its offers every year, so you'll have to wait to see whats available in the DL area. When you get your book you'll need to go online and register for internet offers. Enjoy your trip.

Crazy4DL
07-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I bought the Entertainment Book (2007) for the area of the country I live in (WA state) and it will be good for the Anaheim area hotels that have EB rates.

You can go to www.entertainmentbook.com (http://www.entertainmentbook.com) and under travel, look up which hotels in Anaheim offer EB rates. We are booked at the HoJo at $54 a night. I am not sure if all the hotels do it this way but what the HoJo had me do was book my room and then notify them and they applied the EB rate to my reservation. (thank you, Willy!)

I will need to have the EB card with me when I go but I didn't need it to book the rooms.

So you could pick your hotel and book now if you wanted to.

ETA: welcome to MousePlanet :)

DizneyMommy
07-30-2007, 07:13 AM
There are not any actual Disneyland or resort discounts in the book anymore - those went bye bye several years ago which was such a bummer. There are some discounts for restaurants around the area (meaning driving distance needing a car) if you are planning on doing other sight seeing days or eating off property a lot. Nothing really spectacular nearby that I see - I am looking in my 2007 book - by that is typical for such a tourist filled area. There are discounts for other area attractions if you will be heading to Knotts or Medieval Times or something of that nature, most of those OC attractions are still offering discounts. If you will be making a beach day you will find lots of restaurants near the beaches.

There are car rental offers in there as well so maybe that will be a help to you.

One really neat restaurant to check out if you want an awesome fancy Christmasy dinner out - The Anaheim White House. There is a 2 for 1 in the book every year, using the card not a coupon. They dump snow on the lawn of this historical house and light up a huge tree, and the food is out of this world. It is not unreasonably far from the resort, worth a cab ride for sure. We eat there every year and buy the E Book just for that reason. You almost make up the cost of the book with that one meal.
Hope that helps!

DizneyMommy
07-30-2007, 07:16 AM
The 2008 book to my knowledge has not been released.

FYI... It was released a few weeks ago to pre-order online or thru fundraisers. Just will not ship quite yet - I think late August it ships.

Malcon10t
07-30-2007, 07:23 AM
The only nearby hotels/motels that offer a real Entertainment discount that I have found have been Hojo's and Hilton. The others show in the book, but the rate is the same as their online rates.

ktrm
07-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort on Manchester offers a very good entertainment rate that is less than online. In fact you can go to Holiday Inn online and use entertainment rate in the promotions code to see what the rate is.

The entertainment book does have a ESPN Zone (located in DTD) coupon to purchase a game card for any amount and ESPN Zone will double it for free.

I used the book for some local pizza places but I had my own car.

One warning about the Entertainment book. Their customer service is just awful. Do not print out any coupons online if you plan to use them after 13 days from the day of printing. I did this and called them to explain that I did not understand this until after I printed the coupon. Online the coupon said that the offer expires 10/31/07, but when I printed it out the coupon said it expired 13 days after printing. I tried to get this fixed saying that I was confused and it was a nightmare. They stated that clearly offer is a lot different than coupon and that this policy was stated in their bylaws....blah, blah, blah. Finally I got it fixed but it took about 3 different phone calls.

One last thing, if you like Disney on Ice or Disney Live, it has a 50% off coupon good for shows other than just Orange County. I am planning on using mine to see HSM on ice when it comes to the central valley.

It also has other SoCal attractions coupons if you plan to do other things like Aquarium of the Pacific or the Discovery Science Center

All my discounts justified paying $9.99 (discounted price for buying it at the beginning of summer, but expires Nov 1) for my summer trip.

birdiegirl
07-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate everyone's insight.

Kylli2tyllr
08-05-2007, 11:06 PM
One last thing, if you like Disney on Ice or Disney Live, it has a 50% off coupon good for shows other than just Orange County. I am planning on using mine to see HSM on ice when it comes to the central valley.

I will tell you by experience the Disney on Ice discount doesn't apply to the HSM Ice tour. I bought Tickets to the show in Fresno a few months ago with the plan to use the coupon (I still have it in my wallet). When I got to the counter I was told that they were told that HSM was a ice tour not Disney on Ice so they were told not to accept the coupons.

I buy a entertainment book every year for my town and just use the card to get discounts at hotels all over, most or the time one night stay will pay for the book. Keep in mind some hotels have a max number of discounted entertainment book rooms so book early!

wwithers
08-06-2007, 04:12 AM
Which year Entertainment Book did you order, 2007 or 2008? The 2007 book expires Nov. 1 ,2007. The 2008 book to my knowledge has not been released. The book changes its offers every year, so you'll have to wait to see whats available in the DL area. When you get your book you'll need to go online and register for internet offers. Enjoy your trip.

Most of the travel and entertainment deals for Orange Cty. expire 12/31/2007.