PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Jail ??

disguy
07-04-2002, 10:25 AM
When I was small, a friend of the family went to Disneyland they were I think around 17 or something around there...anyway Him and his friends were out side drinking in the parking lot from there car. When a Security guy caught them...the story goes that they were "arrested" and taken to a lock up facility in Disneyland and awaited there parents to get them out...who mind you were four hundered miles away. I always wondered if this story was true or did they go a little over board with the story telling. Anyone know anything aobut the "disneyland jail" ?

Kevin Yee
07-04-2002, 12:37 PM
Long-standing urban exaggeration (not quite urban myth). Security has an office, of course, and attached to that office are I think two small rooms which have bare walls and can be used as privacy rooms, detox rooms, questioning rooms (interrogation would be too strong a word), and yes, waiting rooms. But it's just a room with a door; it's not a jail.

These days Anaheim PD is always around, so if there is a real infraction with a need for a jail, the real thing can be had pretty easily.

MammaSilva
07-04-2002, 02:13 PM
In fact the APD has a 'satelite' office, next to McDonalds, it is a trailer but still 'official' so I'm sure they have a detention/holding facility inside :)

tikiboy
07-04-2002, 04:11 PM
I don't know for sure, but from the monorail, it looks like the APD and AFD have satellites right next to HOB. Backstage of course.

Kevin Yee
07-04-2002, 04:45 PM
Both of these are also correct. But the original post is asking about years ago. The APD trailer on Harbor is... oh, six? years old, and the APD satellite along Disneyland Drive (actually underneath the DtD complex) is only two years old.

However, I'm not convinced they do have detention facilities inside. They'd just drive the perp to jail or call for a paddy wagon if they needed to lock someone up. These trailers are just offices and remote command posts.

justagrrl
07-04-2002, 06:16 PM
Oddly enough I was caught for drinking in the parking lot back when I was 17...course that was in 1987... They called each of our Mom's and explained what happened. One of the parents could not be reached so they called my Mom back again and explained that they wanted her to pass along the information. They did this one by one...and it seemed to take forever. After talking with the parents, we each were given our paperwork to shred in the shredder next to the desk. Then we went home and got in trouble - of course.

I tell you - the whole thing happened so fast. I've got to give credit to Disneyland Security. They nabbed some youngin's up to no good lickety-split!

(Why we do really stupid things in our youth? I did all sorts of things that I would NEVER consider doing now. )

disguy
07-04-2002, 06:59 PM
I think when it comes to Disneyland Security...I have this way of thinking about it...People think Disneyland is full of security,under ground things,cameras everywhere just a mass amount of security but I bet they really don't have half the stuff that people think they do which makes it work for them...do you know what I mean?

MonorailMan
07-04-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by disguy
I think when it comes to Disneyland Security...I have this way of thinking about it...People think Disneyland is full of security,under ground things,cameras everywhere just a mass amount of security but I bet they really don't have half the stuff that people think they do which makes it work for them...do you know what I mean?

Yep! Sometimes being "Scared" is the best secuity. :)

snappy
07-05-2002, 10:09 PM
If caught doing any illegal actions/dealings at Disneyland they automatically send you over to D.C.A for the entire day. Don't do the crime if you can't pay the crime. :p

Hyperboy
07-05-2002, 11:35 PM
Actually there was one day when CMs decided to falsely imprison everyone on the Maliboomer because someone threw an object off the top. They kept them strapped into the ride for over twenty minutes AFTER security got there, saying they weren't going to let anyone off the ride till someone "fessed up". Yeah, right, like that was going to happen. They should have allowed everyone to get out of their seats and then have everyone talk to security.

Since one of my friends was on the ride, and we were late for meeting someone because of this incident, it was the one and only time I have ever screamed at CMs. I mean, to keep everyone locked in the ride? I don't think that is S.O.P.!!

Sailor Butterfly
07-05-2002, 11:59 PM
Hyperboy--That's definitely not SOP. In fact, you could sue Disney and the involved CMs for false imprisonment.

cemeinke
07-06-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Kevin Yee
Long-standing urban exaggeration (not quite urban myth). Security has an office, of course, and attached to that office are I think two small rooms which have bare walls and can be used as privacy rooms, detox rooms, questioning rooms (interrogation would be too strong a word), and yes, waiting rooms. But it's just a room with a door; it's not a jail.

Uh, back in the early 80s when I made a visit to what my friends call "Mickey Jail" it was just a room. However it was themed with a large Mickey policeman/constable painted on the back wall.