PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think ToonTown should be replaced?

Pages : [1] 2

padilla6710
07-28-2007, 02:22 PM
I think they should just remove this space completely. Yeah it was cool for like a day when it first came out, and I remember this. However there is nothing to do here anymore. Roger Rabbit is old once you have been on it 1 time and so is the coster. I think they should use the space and make a better more interesting land that would appeal to more people. What are your thoughts? What ideas do you have that could replace this area?

mynameisearl
07-28-2007, 02:34 PM
I agree! I never quite got the whole Toon Town thing. It seems like a big waste of space to me. My kids aren't even interested in it.

taybug517
07-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Aw, I think Toon Town is cute. :p

Rapunzelthorn
07-28-2007, 02:44 PM
I never was interested in Toon Town, but my DS 5 and DD 2 loved it last year! My son was totally into all of the houses and had to see the inside of all of them and my daughter loved the playground and Goofy's house. I guess it's kind of cool for the very young ones sort of like Bug's Land (?) in DCA. My 2 year old totally loved all those little rides in Bug's Land too! I guess that both are good for the very young set.

mistofviolets
07-28-2007, 02:51 PM
No, not replaced, though perhaps revamped :) A few more interactive things on the street, or more areas for parents to feel entertained while the kids are on the play areas. Maybe waterplay, LOL. (sprinklers will attract anyone on a hot enough day!)

Glass Slipper
07-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Toon Town is by far my least favorite area of the park, although I do think the Mickey/Minnie houses are kind of cute. When I was there at Christmas time in 2005 both Mickey and Minnie were on their "porches" posing for pictures with guests, but that was the ONLY time I have ever seen Mickey outside without having to wind our way back in the "barn". I've always wished they would change this, as it was so much nicer to meet him out front!
As far as any replacements for Toon Town, why not bring back some of those great old rides from "Yesterland" that everyone has been talking about? In fact, that would be great....an area in the back of the park named "Yesterland":D

River Belle
07-28-2007, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't be too upset if ToonTown was replaced with a "new town," though I will say that my little one enjoys this area. In my experience, I've found that this is one of the best places for character interaction, and it's one of the few areas where a toddler can really explore. I don't go for me, I go for her.

But I will say that ToonTown needs a SERIOUS Toon-up. (Couldn't help myself :rolleyes:) It's beginning to look pretty run-down and dated. Someone should call the painter.

padilla6710
07-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah I agree with that. There is not much to do for the adults!

meghan1
07-28-2007, 04:27 PM
I don't think it should be replaced, but definately revamped. I kinda like the idea of a place where the characters live and to go and visit them. I remember loving it when I was little and it was new. However it definately needs a fresh coat of paint, some new attractions, and some SHADE!!!

CamCay
07-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Just like the rest of the park, Toontown could use some updating. My kids, 12 & 9, still enjoy the coaster and we all still ride Roger Rabbit ride. It's still a nice place to visit, demolishing just doesn't make sense. it's not like it takes up half of the park....

adriennek
07-28-2007, 05:04 PM
The studio is the best place to get an unrushed visit with Mickey.

Roger Rabbit's still a good ride.

My kids love Gadget's Go Coaster and the other attractions there.

So my answer is: No.

Adrienne

Clotho
07-28-2007, 05:14 PM
I, too, love the idea, but the implementation was lame, and gets lamer all the time. With everything they remove it gets worse and worse. Now it feels very "dead" energetically. Taking out the Bounce House made me super sad--that kind of thing was my FAVORITE as a kid, and it is another sign of the (litigious) times that it was taken out. *sigh*

petesimac
07-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Walt designed the park to be fun for kids AND adults; so, while I do like DLs version of Toontown better than WDW (and yes, I know it's called something else at WDW), I do think it needs to be replaced -- there's so many other things that would be great there!

IdahoMike
07-28-2007, 05:36 PM
There are elements of it that are very cool (Roger Rabbit, Mickey/Minnie house, gags such as the electric door, photo ops in the jail, etc...), but a lot of it could be revamped/replaced.
I am not a fan of the Go Coaster simply because the wait is almost always 45 mins or more, for a 45 second ride (if that). My kids aren't big fans of it either, just not enough there compared to how long you wait. I'd like to see them do something different over in that area, even if it meant taking out Chip n Dale's treehouse and Donald's Boat to put in something else. It can still be kid oriented, but just better.

Oh, and I wholeheartedly agree with the poster that mentioned more SHADE! We shouldn't have to sit inside Goofy's house to escape the sun over there :D

CamCay
07-28-2007, 05:53 PM
i have visited in peak times such as christmas and the end of june and have never waited 45 minutes for the go-coaster. i guess my use of ridemax has suited me well.

DizMe
07-28-2007, 10:45 PM
For me and my family, it's a big waste of space as-is. I'd love it if they'd replace it with something else. You spend too much time waiting for stuff that isn't even that interesting or fun. It doesn't seem as...well, Disney as the rest of Disneyland. But then, I never liked the Roger Rabbit movie and never saw the Gadget one. I don't think of either when I think of Disney movies. Maybe I'm too old for it.

MiaTurner
07-29-2007, 12:26 AM
When I go to Disneyland on school trips, I usually skip ToonTown. However when I'm with my family, we're never too old to pull on that electric company door, listen to the mailboxes, or drink from Goofy's talking fountain. I'd go on Roger Rabbit WAY more often if the line wasn't so darn long.

Even though I pass it up a lot, I'm not much for change in Disneyland. Half the reason I love the park so much is that it's an unchanging part of my childhood that still exists today, and it's amazing to return to the things you loved when you were four. I'd be sad to see it go.

vfire
07-29-2007, 02:02 AM
Toontown is meant for little kids and serves that purpose well; they seem to like it. That said, it could certainly use some refurbishing. Donald's boat is a bit of a disaster with almost everything roped off. The Go Coaster needs a major cleaning, paint job and refurb on the frogs to get them spitting water again. The musical steps by the Mickey fountain need to be refurbed. The acorn patch should be brought back, kids love that stuff. And for goodness sake, put in a second slide in Goofy's playground. The kids are tripping all over each other trying to take turns on it. A little more shade would also be nice.
That said, it's got so much going for it for toddlers to explore that it would be a shame to tear down.

jMom
07-29-2007, 07:23 AM
Double-post! See below and where is my coffee?!?!?!

jMom
07-29-2007, 07:24 AM
I love Toontown! I also agree it has some problems.

It's very hot, gets incredibly crowded, and many times the line to see Mickey is too long (if you want to do other things/have small children). Its a shame there are no more Roger Rabbit cartoons, because that's what helped make the place so much fun for me.

I like the idea of adding water fun -- like in Bug's Life. My daughter & son love the fountain, which is usually not crowded. I really enjoy all the gags over by the RR ride.

Maybe they could add an attraction that would show you as a toon/match you with your favourite toon? I definitely think there should be more character greets there. It makes sense to me to have a few of the harder to find ones there ...

They should try an interactive feature, like Turtle Talk w/ Crush, only have toons wisecracking with the audience. Think of all the fun for the wannabe stand-up comedians! Think a/c on a cool day! Think of the tie-ins for Toontown and all of us who love our toons, and remember the whole thing was started by a mouse!

Leofoenget
07-29-2007, 09:46 AM
I think they should just remove this space completely. Yeah it was cool for like a day when it first came out, and I remember this. However there is nothing to do here anymore. Roger Rabbit is old once you have been on it 1 time and so is the coster. I think they should use the space and make a better more interesting land that would appeal to more people. What are your thoughts? What ideas do you have that could replace this area?

No it's for the little kids. Leave it alone

carolinakid
07-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Another vote for get rid of it or do some SERIOUS updating!!!
By the way the WDW counterpart is called Mickey's Toontown Fair--THAT could disappear as well!!

avalosn
07-29-2007, 10:14 AM
I personally never got into Toontown, but my four year old son loves it. It's one of his favorite lands....maybe updating it would make it more exciting???

avalosn
07-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Even though I pass it up a lot, I'm not much for change in Disneyland. Half the reason I love the park so much is that it's an unchanging part of my childhood that still exists today, and it's amazing to return to the things you loved when you were four.

Very well put!!!!

seanutbutter
07-29-2007, 10:27 AM
The studio is the best place to get an unrushed visit with Mickey.

That's what I enjoy most. I have memories of visiting ToonTown when I was around three years old. It's nice to return to the park again and have the chance to revisit the same places I went to as a child.