PDA

View Full Version : Disney's High School Musical 2 World Premiere to be held at Disneyland DtD August 14

Darkbeer
07-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Disney Channel Press Release

DISNEY’S HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 WORLD PREMIERE SET FOR DOWNTOWN DISNEY AT DISNEYLAND RESORT TUESDAY, AUGUST 14

ANAHEIM, Calif. – July 26, 2007 – The biggest splash of the summer, the world premiere of Disney Channel's highly-anticipated High School Musical 2, will be hosted at AMC Theatres in Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort on Tuesday, August 14.

It will be the latest highlight of the ongoing Year of a Million Dreams celebration at the Resort, and the newest chapter in the unparalleled worldwide popularity of High School Musical. The phenomenon has even extended into Disney’s California Adventure, where High School Musical has jumped out into the park as a live show.

Stars of the movie, along with director-choreographer Kenny Ortega and other celebrity guests will walk the carpet in Downtown Disney prior to the 6:00pm screening. Following the Downtown Disney festivities, they will attend an invitation-only poolside party at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. High School Musical 2 follows other high-profile premieres hosted at the Disneyland Resort, including all three Pirates of the Caribbean films. This will mark the first time a movie made especially for Disney Channel has been premiered at the Resort.

Kids, tweens and families have found the first movie's appealing music, charismatic cast and high-energy dancing irresistible. Rich Ross, president of Disney Channel Worldwide, said, "What better way to celebrate this movie than to have its world premiere screening at the happiest place on earth!"

The music and spirited fun of the High School Musical movie have been entertaining park guests throughout the current Year of a Million Dreams celebration at Disneyland Resort in Southern California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. During live daily performances of the High School Musical Pep Rally, an interactive sing-along street show, guests have been catching Wildcat fever as they learn lively cheers and cool dance moves from the hit movie's popular songs. And inspired by the sequel, a brand new High School Musical 2: School’s Out! show will spring to life in Disney’s California Adventure beginning Saturday, August 18.

"We've seen the amazing popularity of High School Musical firsthand as our guests enthusiastically participate in the Pep Rally," said Ed Grier, President of the Disneyland Resort. "Needless to say, High School Musical 2 now brings new opportunities for our guests to further engage in the High School Musical phenomenon.”

Reprising their singing and dancing roles in the movie sequel are: Zac Efron as star athlete Troy Bolton, Vanessa Hudgens as brainy transfer student Gabriella Montez, Ashley Tisdale as drama club diva Sharpay Evans, Lucas Grabeel as her brother and on-stage partner Ryan Evans, Corbin Bleu as teammate and best friend Chad Danforth and Monique Coleman as academic decathlete Taylor McKessie. Also returning are Alyson Reed as Ms. Darbus, Chris Warren, Jr. as Zeke Baylor, Olesya Rulin as Kelsi Nielsen, KayCee Stroh as Martha Cox, Ryne Sanborn as Jason and Bart Johnson as Coach Bolton. Mark L. Taylor joins the cast as the country club manager, Mr. Fulton.

In the contemporary movie musical High School Musical 2, the Wildcats are back. This time, school's out and East High School hoops star Troy Bolton, A-student Gabriella Montez and the rest of the Wildcats are getting ready for a fun summer vacation. But that all changes when scheming drama queen Sharpay Evans uses her dad's connections to get Troy a job at Lava Springs, their ritzy country club, and a chance at a college basketball scholarship. The catch? He'll have to turn his back on his friends and pair up with Sharpay in a musical extravaganza for the club's annual talent show. But when Gabriella and the Wildcats start making plans without Troy, he must decide where his loyalties truly lie.
High School Musical 2, part of the blockbuster Disney Channel Original Movie franchise, premieres Friday, August 17 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel U.S., and will be featured Saturday and Sunday, August 18 and 19, in online and on-air programming events hosted by the movie's cast. It will also premiere on Disney Channels around the world beginning in September.

Disney Channel is a 24-hour kid-driven, family inclusive television network that taps into the world of kids and families through original series and movies. Currently available on basic cable in over 90 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on 27 Disney Channels around the world, Disney Channel is part of the Disney-ABC Television Group.

Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney's California Adventure – plus the Downtown Disney district comprised of unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. Resort hotels include the luxurious 745-room Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, the magical 990-room Disneyland Hotel and the "day at the beach" fun of the 502-room Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. For Resort information call (714) 781-4565.

AlbertaMinnie
07-28-2007, 06:39 AM
Ok, this might be a dumb question but how popular should this premier be? I can't see it being as popular as pirates, but I'm not so sure.....It just so happens that we will be driving in from Vegas on the 14th, and I know that my dd's would give just about anything to catch a glimpse, a high-five or in their wildest dreams, an autograph from any one of the stars.

From everyones experiences....where is the best place to wait so they can catch that glimpse?

disneyperson
07-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Arrggghhh, we'll be there that day. Thank goodness it will be in DTD and not the park, and hopefully we'll be able to avoid most of it.
Thanks for the warning.

PartridgeFam 2004
07-28-2007, 12:00 PM
How does one get tickets to the movie or is it for invited guests? Any ideas?

Darkbeer
07-28-2007, 12:16 PM
How does one get tickets to the movie or is it for invited guests? Any ideas?

I would presume listening to some radio stations might give you a chance to win a set, but it is for invited guests only.

You will be allowed to watch the stars arrive and walk down the carpet in front of the AMC theaters though.

A Touch of Destiny
07-29-2007, 12:39 AM
I really wish I could go to this! (Yes, I am a 22 year old High School Musical fan! ) (Musicals/musical theater in general, really) I was so upset that I never made it to any of the POTC premieres, another of my major fandoms. At the last one they actually sold tickets to view the film (with the stars) to the public, though at a very steep price and likely only available to the elite. I would have been content just watching the red-carpet appearances!

lisap
07-29-2007, 05:36 AM
Ok, this might be a dumb question but how popular should this premier be? I can't see it being as popular as pirates, but I'm not so sure.....It just so happens that we will be driving in from Vegas on the 14th, and I know that my dd's would give just about anything to catch a glimpse, a high-five or in their wildest dreams, an autograph from any one of the stars.

From everyones experiences....where is the best place to wait so they can catch that glimpse?

It's hard to say. No one had any idea people would go so nutty over the Pirates premieres until the first one. I doubt it will be as intense as that, but HSM is pretty popular. I would show up in the early afternoon at the DTD theatre at the latest and see what the situation is and try to get a spot by the carpet. If you have a group you can switch off waiting.

mckygirl99
07-29-2007, 08:01 AM
OMG!! SO debating whether I will tell my DD about this! I don't know if I can take the heat and a bunch of tweeners screaming. Maybe I can talk her babysitter into taking her.

bellbell
07-29-2007, 02:44 PM
I wonder if this event will add more crowds to the parks? Or maybe I hope it will take away the crowds from the parks? We will be there that week...

nvmom
07-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Oh, my daughters would DIE to be there :)
We're most likely having our own HSM 2 party here at home when it premieres on the Disney Channel that week.

nvmom

MiaTurner
07-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Darnit, why a tuesday? :( If it were a friday or saturday I totally coulda talked my parents into it.

"We're most likely having our own HSM 2 party here at home when it premieres on the Disney Channel that week."

Ditto ;)

A Touch of Destiny
07-29-2007, 08:33 PM
OMG!! SO debating whether I will tell my DD about this! I don't know if I can take the heat and a bunch of tweeners screaming. Maybe I can talk her babysitter into taking her.

You've here and now been warned, LOL. I went to the High School Musical live tour- I swear, I heard frequencies I didn't think were possible in human beings. I was probably partially hard of hearing the next day. It was well worth it, the show was amazing (Corbin blew me a kiss! :D)
...but the screaming really does get out of hand. Perhaps, if you go, bring earplugs? *G*