PDA

View Full Version : Watching Disneyland fireworks from outside the park

Dlandmom
07-03-2002, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure I'm brave enough to fight the crowds at Disneyland tomorrow. However, I'd like my daughter to see the fireworks. Any thoughts on where I may be able to see them from outside the park? It would be great if I could camp out on the 5 freeway, but I don't think that's a viable option!:rolleyes: :D

RideMax Mark
07-03-2002, 01:41 PM
One pretty good location is from the balcony on one of the upper floors of the Fairfield Inn on Harbor Blvd. The balcony runs along the west side of the hallway outside the rooms, so it's publicly accessible.

It's just not as good without the music though.:(

Uncle Dick
07-03-2002, 02:34 PM
The Mickey and Friends tram loading area next to the parking structure is a great place with a nice clear view of the fireworks and ample seating. The top of the structure also has a great view, although you'll probably have to stand. Just north of the Marina Tower of the Disneyland Hotel, there's a grassy area covered by a few trees. It, too, is an excellent place to see the fireworks. Just park in DtD and make your way to any of these locations for a great viewing experience (sans music).

innerSpaceman
07-03-2002, 02:57 PM
I used to like the fireworks view from the outdoor walkways of the Park Inn Int'l on Harbor Blvd. Of course, that was in the days of Fantasy in the Sky and, since the music was out on CD, we could play the music practically in perfect time with the show.

stinkerbell
07-03-2002, 03:01 PM
I was just telling a friend that one year, when my sis was a baby, my parents didn't want to fight the crowds, so we watched from the parking lot. I'd say, roughly where the Animation building is in DCA........:)

I'm sure you can do better than that, though! Good luck!

tinkfreak
07-03-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
I used to like the fireworks view from the outdoor walkways of the Park Inn Int'l on Harbor Blvd. Of course, that was in the days of Fantasy in the Sky and, since the music was out on CD, we could play the music practically in perfect time with the show.

You can still do that. "Believe" is on the Official Album of the Magic Kingdom. For the patriotic finale, you will probably just need a recording a God Bless America. Any recording is better than the one DL has been using.:D

Dlandmom
07-03-2002, 09:23 PM
Thanks everyone. I had thought about the DL hotel, parking area, etc., but I'm just not sure there's going to be any DtD parking left by nightfall! I guess we'll just play it by ear.