PDA

View Full Version : E-Ticket Updates?

CEO Andrew
07-03-2002, 01:20 PM
A few months back, Al mentioned that for Disneyland's 50th anniversary, they were considering updating 5 E-Ticket attractions (I believe the list was Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Small World). Has anybody heard anything more about these "plans?" If not, is there any indication that DL will get a new attraction (or will "TOT" be all that we have to look forward to)? Thanks!

disguy
07-03-2002, 01:45 PM
I don't belive Disney has yet annonced the plans yet. However, I know HM,Pirates and Space Mt will be getting a full makeover. I'm not certain about Small world or Jungle.

Disney Nick
07-03-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by disguy
I don't belive Disney has yet annonced the plans yet. However, I know HM,Pirates and Space Mt will be getting a full makeover. I'm not certain about Small world or Jungle.
Where did you hear this? I'd be interested in your sources on this one...

disguy
07-03-2002, 02:20 PM
Ummm same place you would get your info...message boards from members saying they have inside info. I don't think there is one message board not talking about this topic.

Disney Nick
07-03-2002, 02:27 PM
Perhaps it was the way you proclaimed you "know" they are getting major rehabs. No one knows and there isn't even strong speculation as of yet. Only Disney "knows" and they haven't said anything yet... but I wouldn't expect another year to pass w/o some sort of announcement.

disguy
07-03-2002, 02:31 PM
you know, for being a disney fan you sure don't have a very "magical" attitude ;) . Your right no one knows anything. However if someone proclaims to be working for Disney and has been right more often then not...you tend to believe them.

smd4
07-03-2002, 02:42 PM
This is the internet, fellas. I don't believe anything unless I see it in official press releases.

innerSpaceman
07-03-2002, 03:04 PM
Ha! Disney official press releases are the MOST unreliable source of deceiptful information EVER. Compared to Disneyland p.r., the internet is as reliable as gravity.

That being said, I read (somewhere) an article that attributed quotes to Marty Sklar about the 50-year-anniversary overhauls. Sklar was really psyched about the opportunity to do Disneyland's 50th in style with these E-Ticket revisions, but expressed mild doubts about the possibility of the expense being approved.

Assuming that the publication did not manufacture quotes by Marty Sklar, I'd say "negotiations" between Imagineering and Accounting are in full swing. But my personal doubts about the expense being approved far exceed what Sklar expressed in his interview.