PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Refurb

Jim Dear and Darling
07-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi All,

As of right now, the calendar on Disneyland.com says the Haunted Mansion will be down for refurbishment September through 9/20. Does anyone know how reliable that is? What are the odds it will be back up and running on 9/21

Also, is there somewhere you can see refurb schedules before they post it? I want to make sure Splash isn't down while I'm there.

Thanks for any help you can give me...

houseofmouse
07-26-2007, 01:54 PM
If I am not mistaken it goes down for the Nightmare for Christmas Overlay. It is usually down for the whole time stated online.:)

Wendy Bird
07-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Yes, it is down for the holiday decorations.. sometime there are soft opening before a ride is scheduled to be running again.
It happened on our last trip to DL, Splash Mountain opened a whole week before the posted date. With the Haunted Mansion though I would think only a few day before since this is a routine event.

BIRDGIRLS
07-26-2007, 06:18 PM
It better be open 9/21... that's my birthday and I'm DEFINITELY going. =]

Jim Dear and Darling
07-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Okay, but the general idea is that usually the rides DO open back up when the calendar says they will?

Also, the calendar shows no fireworks or Fantasmic in September. Am I just checking too early?? :confused:

houseofmouse
07-27-2007, 11:49 AM
There is no Electric Parade at DCA for sure in September. Usually on Friday and Saturday and Sundays there are fireworks and Fantasmic but they usually go on the schedule online later. Keep checking.:) Unless they have changed things, which is always possible.

Sometimes rides open early, but if it is for an overlay only my guess is that it will open when the calendar online says.

Darkbeer
07-27-2007, 12:29 PM
They won't open it early, it is timed to open the same time Halloween Time does.

Last year, they had it closed to the public on Thursday, but did open it for a private party that night before it opened to the GP for Halloween Time on Friday.

The only reason it would be closed is if there was a mechanical failure, but that applies to every ride, every day.