PDA

View Full Version : Why don't they bring back the PeopleMovers?

padilla6710
07-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Does anyone know what they plan on doing with the area that the people movers used to be? I hated rocket rods and thought that they were dumb in replacing the people movers with a ride that never worked. I really wish they would bring back the people movers. I have to go to WDW to ride the people mover or whatever they are called there and I love them so much! Does Disney have any plans on doing anything with the old track?

oregontraveler
07-26-2007, 12:14 PM
The short answer is when they replaced the PM with Rocket Rods. The old
safety rules were thrown out as this was deemed a new attraction. So to
bring back the PM, you will need vehicles that are more restrictive. Since you could reach out and touch the walls in some places, plus there were some riders who were dumb enough to try to get out of the moving vehicles
and they either died or were injured (see Mouse Tales) There are alot of rumors swirling about bringing back the PM in a few years along with a complete overhaul of TL. That's it in a nutshell.

Jim Dear and Darling
07-26-2007, 12:51 PM
At least two people died on the People Mover during it's operation because they were able to get out of their cars.

padilla6710
07-26-2007, 03:29 PM
I know that the deaths on the people movers occured on grad night and they were back in the 70s nothing happened in recent times

GinnyM
07-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I love that ride at WDW! I wish Disneyland would bring it back.
On a hot day you can ride around and feel a cool breeze or in the evening it's a good place to see some fireworks.
I wonder if they have had any deaths from this ride and WDW?
WHY can't people behave and just stay in there seats?

padilla6710
07-26-2007, 04:20 PM
agreed! I love this ride too. It was my childhood favorite and when they took it away from DL I was so upset!

cynthia312
07-26-2007, 04:51 PM
I like the PeopleMover as well but I really missed the Skyway Buckets. Now THOSE were my childhood memory. I only went on that once, when I was like....3years old.

Another Dimension
07-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Why don't they bring back the PeopleMovers?

The PM (in some shape, form and/or theme) is one of the top few items on Tony Baxters Disneyland To Do... List.

My guess is sometime before Summer 2012, that beam will be in use again, unless TDA balks at it.

:cool:

Glass Slipper
07-26-2007, 09:15 PM
When I took my first two trips to Disneyland back in '77 and '83 I remembering loving Tomorrowland so much because of the Monorail, the Peoplemover, and the Skyway. LOVED seeing all those vehicles moving around overhead:) Now that area always makes me a little sad, knowing that two of those were taken away. It would be GREAT to see them come back sometime in the future....along with America Sings!

DaddyB
07-26-2007, 10:43 PM
The PM (in some shape, form and/or theme) is one of the top few items on Tony Baxters Disneyland To Do... List.

My guess is sometime before Summer 2012, that beam will be in use again, unless TDA balks at it.

:cool:WOW! You've seen his "To Do" list??!!! Cool!

padilla6710
07-28-2007, 02:24 PM
I would be sooo happy if they brought these back!

carolinakid
07-29-2007, 11:05 AM
FYI the Peoplemover at WDW is called Tomorrowland Transit Authority and most people I know love it!

coronado_g
07-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Bring back PeopleMovers AND the World of Tron!