PDA

View Full Version : The Treehouse

pikachan
07-03-2002, 11:39 AM
What is your most memoriable memory of Disneyland?

I don't have one yet but I thought this was an interesting question to ask.

RStar
07-08-2002, 09:36 AM
Ok, I give. What does the Treehouse got to do with anything?:D

Ok, my most memerable trip was when I was about 15 (in the early 1970's), and I was pushing my grandfather in a wheel chair through the park. He was in his 90's, and was born in 1889. He was telling me about the time he and a friend were walking along a road on a several day long trip. They stopped at a road-side stable to sleep for the night. Then they woke with a start to a loud noise! It was a horseless carrage in the stable next to them! The first one they have ever seen! I don't remember anything else about the trip, just the magic mixed with my grandfather's storries.

Gemini Cricket
07-08-2002, 10:39 AM
A memorable trip I took to Disneyland was in the early 90's. It rained really hard and my friends and I had a blast. It was just the right company, in the right place with the wrong weather. I had soooo much fun. Everything struck us as being hysterically funny, we laughed all day.
(This is soooo Un-PC, but...) We laughed all the way through Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. We don't even know why! We tried not to be a distraction, but we were just having so much fun!
We rode everything that day and it was a wonderful time.
By the end of the day, we were exhausted but we were still smiling. At the end of the day, we couldn't find our car in the lot. We had to get help... :D
We hung out at Norm's or Denny's or Millie's after, I don't remember which ('s) it was.
If you have a good bunch, a day @ DL can be the greatest day ever.
:)

mad4mky
07-08-2002, 10:51 AM
My most memorable is when my 1st husband asked me to marry him at Disneyland on New Year's Eve 1979...(no "old" jokes now...I was 20 then...and waayyy too young to be thinking about marriage...but we did).

He asked me to marry him in the "hub" right at midnight....funny when I think back...no "Partners" statue...or those cute character statues around then. But, the place was still magical.:D

Marriage lasted 16 years and 3 kids...:rolleyes: (we were too young...):rolleyes:

MonorailMan
07-08-2002, 10:53 AM
I guess the trip I will remember the most, is when I first got my AP (March, 19). The fact that I never thought I would be in love with a place that, just a few years ago, might have said "Just another theme park." :)

RStar
07-08-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
I guess the trip I will remember the most, is when I first got my AP (March, 19).

So that's not of THIS year is it? If it is I would like to see you do 188 rides on the Monorail in less than 4 months! Whew!:eek:
And with that long drive on top of that!:eek: :eek:

I admire your dedication!

MonorailMan
07-08-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by RStar

So that's not of THIS year is it? If it is I would like to see you do 188 rides on the Monorail in less than 4 months! Whew!:eek:
And with that long drive on top of that!:eek: :eek:

I admire your dedication!

Oh, no, that was since I was 8. We use to go about twice a year, and I rode it all day. (I even have a log of all rides!) :)

mcampisi
07-08-2002, 08:06 PM
Well we had our honeymoon at Disneyland but......

probably what stands out most to me are two events

1) The first year we took my parents to Disneyland for a Xmas vacation. My mom kept wondering why I wanted them to wait with us for 2+ hours to see this "Fantasmic!" thing. Afterwards she was flabbergasted and in awe. It's kind of fun taking your parents to Disneyland and seeing them have the kind of fun they probably watched you have when they took you.

2) The next year (last year) at the next Xmas vacation (my mom having been diagnosed with cancer about 4 months earlier) when I FINALLY got into the hot seat at Millionaire Play it the first day we were there. I had always imagined that it would be awesome to have my parents there if I made it down. I can still replay the whole thing with accuracy. Anyway, long story short, she said that if we had to go home right after that it would have all been worth it.

(Interesting fact: I have almost always been in the top 3 spots when I've gone to Millionaire the last 4-5 times. I don't think it was an accident that that was the time I finally made it in ;)

I love my mom (and my dad and wife too!)

:)