PDA

View Full Version : Continental breakfast questions [Harbor Blvd. hotels]

mommyof4
07-25-2007, 01:13 PM
I was wondering what exactly is offered for the continental breakfasts at the following hotels:
The Park Vue Inn
The anaheim Desert inn and suites
The CAmelot
CArousel inn and suites
Thank you

Mrs Mouse
07-25-2007, 01:18 PM
The only place out of those you listed that we have stayed at was the Desert Inn & Suites.

The contintental breakfast there includes:

bread for toasting
variety of danishes
apples and/or oranges
coffee, tea and juice

It's really not much of a breakfast, especially if your family needs protein in the morning, but it's often enough to tide one over until they can grab something in the park later in the day.

stan4d_steph
07-25-2007, 01:22 PM
You're probably better off bringing your own cereal and milk. Most of what's offered In Anaheim as a free continental breakfast is pretty gross IMO. Pastries that come from CostCo are not my idea of a yummy start to the day.

I tried the breakfast one morning at Park Inn (now Camelot) and that was it for me. The generic "Cheerios" and watered down coffee are what drove me over the edge.

Mrs Mouse
07-25-2007, 01:39 PM
I know that the Hampton chain offers an extensive, hot contintental breakfast. In my experience, they've served the typical toast and wide selection of pastries, plus cold and hot cereal, bacon, sausage, eggs, bagels and cream cheese, fresh fruit, etc.

The Embassy also offers a free, cooked-to-order breakfast at their hotel, which I have heard is quite good.

The only issue with these two options being that they are not located directly across from the park, and not within easy walking distance. But if a good breakfast is a priority, they are probably your best bet. Both offer shuttle service to the parks as well, if I remember correctly.

DL Mama
07-25-2007, 01:41 PM
The Park Vue Inn had bagels, donuts, croissants, instant oatmeal,and hard-boiled eggs on several days the first week of June. We combined the breads w/ cheese we kept in the frig for that protein boost.

mommyof4
07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks everyone
The breakfast isn't a priority but i just wanted to know as we will probably be staying in one of the hotels that i mentioned. We want close and we aren't big breakfast eaters anyway
But if anybody else knows about the others that would be awsome

MickeyFan4Ever
07-25-2007, 02:31 PM
I have stayed at the Carousel Inn 4 times; the last time in May. The breakfast includes oranges, apples, toast (with butter-like and jam-like spreads), donuts, hard-boiled eggs, juice, bad coffee and tea. Not the best breakfast, but it is a cheap way to start the morning. Even if I wasn't going to sit down, I always went to grab some fruit. Depending on what your family likes, I would recommend bringing peanut butter, some cereal and milk, which you can easily store in your room, as you will have a fridge and microwave. I hope that helps.

minniemom
07-25-2007, 02:32 PM
I know it isn't on your list, but if you are looking for a free breakfast that is good, go to the Hampton. There is more than just your pastries and breads. There is always 2 hot items, fruit, make yourself waffles, cereal, make yourself oatmeal. There is a great variety, so even if you stay a week you don't get bored with the same thing everyday!!

Malcon10t
07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
I was wondering what exactly is offered for the continental breakfasts at the following hotels:
The Park Vue Inn
The anaheim Desert inn and suites
The CAmelot
CArousel inn and suites
Thank youI have done the Carousel, Desert Inn, and Camelot. Basically, they all offer toast, pastries, some juices, milk. Carousel also has oatmeal, apples and oranges, and hard boiled eggs. For us, it gets us to where we can eat breakfast, but is not a substitute for it.

mommyof4
07-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Thank you everyone for your answers they are appreciated. I think the continental will do us fine as there will be afew morning that we are going ouit for breakfast . Also i think the kis will be to excited to eat to much breakfast and there no t to big on big breakfasts which is good . They do like more like brunches .