PDA

View Full Version : Dumb ice-cream question in DLR

Pages : [1] 2

tripodjw
07-25-2007, 04:07 AM
It's a dumb question but it is pretty important to me, I went to DL park back in 94 and remember having an ice-cream sandwich (two wafers with vanilla icecream in between) in the shape of a mickey head. And it tasted fantastic

Do they still sell those?

I'm coming back in november and am just really curious as to whether i'll be able to get one

flyers fan
07-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Yes they still have these...They are one of my husband's favorites...Very yummy...He also likes the chocolate cover Mickey ice cream...Enjoy!

tripodjw
07-25-2007, 05:07 AM
Yes they still have these...They are one of my husband's favorites...Very yummy...He also likes the chocolate cover Mickey ice cream...Enjoy!

Awesome. Thank you!!

Can't wait to have one again (they don't seem to sell them in DL Paris - more's the pity seeing as that's my closest disney)

bloodnswash
07-25-2007, 08:34 AM
He also likes the chocolate cover Mickey ice cream...Enjoy!

These are so awesome!!! I had my first one on May 19 of this year. YUMMY!!! I can't believe I've been missing out on these. I rave about them all the time now, lol.

kranders
07-25-2007, 10:53 AM
It's a dumb question ... ice-cream sandwich
Can there be such a thing as a 'dumb' question about ice-cream??? :confused: Any thought, comment or dream about ice-cream at any moment in time is a good thing!!!;)

Andrew
07-25-2007, 11:21 AM
On the topic of ice cream sandwiches, be sure to check to see if the Cone Shop on east Center Street (near the Main Street lockers) is open. When they are--it's rare--you can get the best ice cream sandwich ever. A huge scoop of vanilla ice cream between two fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies. Don't miss it!

Foodie
07-25-2007, 11:55 AM
As long as we're talking about ice cream, does anybody know if they offer soy ice cream anywhere? Freezing yogurt unfortunately kills off the acidophilis that makes it lactose-free, so frozen yogurt's not really an option for a person who's lactose intolerant. Does anybody know if there's anything else available to buy in D-Land or DCA?

-Foodie :confused:

ssturgeo
07-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Cone shop....have you had the firehouse sundae...it is INCREDIBLE!!!

Love the Mickey chocolate covered bar too....have never had one of the ice cream sandwiches....will put it on my Nov. "to do" list....which I often find has a lot of eating activities listed on it!!!

Mickeygirlforever
07-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Awesome. Thank you!!

Can't wait to have one again (they don't seem to sell them in DL Paris - more's the pity seeing as that's my closest disney)

I know! I've missed my Mickey ice cream bars both times I've been lucky enough to go to DLP. They do have waffles and crepes though...yum. Enjoy the ice cream! (it's my favorite Disney snack :))

JamesDL
07-25-2007, 09:15 PM
You know what I was extremely disappointed in...?

The BurrrrrBank IceCream shop. It smells sooooo good from the outside, kind of like ColdStone's, but the icecream is pretty average or even below average to me. Tasted like the old "buck a chuck" ice cream at the corner store.

Is the one on MainST better?

squirrel44
07-25-2007, 09:38 PM
I will be buying one of those Mickey Mouse shaped Revello's in Sept. I just happened to mention to my niece (3) that they had them and now that is all she talks about!

Would a lactose tablet help you with the non soy ice cream?

Doctor is checking my niece to see if she is lactose intollerant. No milk products for her this week. My sister had to buy the lactose chewable tablets for her for next week. My niece better be able to eat that ice cream or I am going to be in big trouble!

Gutz
07-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Speaking of ice cream . . . last time I went to Gibson Girl, I ordered the sundae that normally comes with fudge. I asked if I could get caramel instead of fudge. I'd done that without a problem more than once before. But this time I was told that I would have to pay for the extra topping, even though I was replacing one topping with another. Does that make sense? She was nice about it and said that was the policy.

Foodie
07-26-2007, 06:59 AM
Would a lactose tablet help you with the non soy ice cream?

Sometimes those pills work, and sometimes they don't. At least that's been my experience. I find if I'm going on a major trip, like to Disneyland, I'm not willing to chance getting sick, because that could ruin the entire trip. It's easier just to cut out dairy while I'm there. At least I have Dole Whips to look forward to!

And good luck with your niece, Squirrel44, lactose intolerance isn't fun, but is far more common than people realize. Fortunately there's a lot of great stuff out there to eat that is lactose free, so eating doesn't have to be boring!

-Foodie

Andrew
07-26-2007, 08:15 AM
Does that make sense? She was nice about it and said that was the policy.
If you want to be sure, you can always ask for a lead. It does sound unusual, but then this is the company that once sold hamburgers as "cheeseburger, no cheese" to collect the extra $.10 per burger.

Nancy
07-26-2007, 08:26 AM
On the topic of ice cream sandwiches, be sure to check to see if the Cone Shop on east Center Street (near the Main Street lockers) is open. When they are--it's rare--you can get the best ice cream sandwich ever. A huge scoop of vanilla ice cream between two fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies. Don't miss it!

I love this place!!! It has been our families " secret meeting place" for years. And OOOHHH the carmel apples, YUMMY!!

MuckaMowie
07-26-2007, 09:41 AM

AND. . .you can have it piled with whipping cream and cherries! Warning, this is PLENTY for two people (and not much more money than one double-scoop waffel cone!). Also, you can choose from any of the flavors of ice cream they have there, you don't have to choose vanilla.:D

Rapunzelthorn
07-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Speaking of ice cream . . . last time I went to Gibson Girl, I ordered the sundae that normally comes with fudge. I asked if I could get caramel instead of fudge. I'd done that without a problem more than once before. But this time I was told that I would have to pay for the extra topping, even though I was replacing one topping with another. Does that make sense? She was nice about it and said that was the policy.

That's so totally ridiculous. I remember an incident growing up where my dad had coupons for free children's sundaes at Denny's while traveling. We were in a Denny's in Memphis and my dad asked if my little sister could just have some vanilla ice cream instead. The waitress wouldn't do that. So, he told her to bring my sister a hot fudge sundae without the hot fudge, whipped cream or cherry! That, she was willing to do! :rolleyes: Some people have no common sense and then, there are other times when they are following policies that make no sense. :rolleyes:

DLmomof2
07-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Dole whips had dairy in it. I read a post from another dis board and someone had confirmed it had milk in it. I realize some posts are not accurate but now it has me wondering what is in a dole whip?:confused:

Foodie
07-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Nope, it's dairy free. It says so on the main Disneyland website. I think it's mostly just pineapple juice that's made into sorbet. It's tasty!

-Foodie :)

wenidog
07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Does anybody know where do get a 'Matterhorn sundae?' My son saw one on a Disney promo show and has to have one!

DLyouth27
07-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Does anybody know where do get a 'Matterhorn sundae?' My son saw one on a Disney promo show and has to have one!

I seem to remember that being a dessert option at Carnation Cafe. This was about a year ago, so I'm not sure if that's changed since then.

D15
07-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Nope, it's dairy free. It says so on the main Disneyland website. I think it's mostly just pineapple juice that's made into sorbet. It's tasty!

Foodie's right, they're non-dairy :) According to this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=69736&highlight=dole+whip) that contians this link (http://www.precisionfoods.com/foodservice/bnd_products_details.cfm?skuid=10922&id=103), here are the ingredients:

Sugar, Dextrose, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Stabilizers (Cellulose, Locust Bean, Xanthan, Carrageenan and Karaya Gums, Pectin), Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Sodium Silicoaluminate (anticaking), Corn Syrup Solids, Citric Acid, Sodium Caseinate (a milk derivative), Mono & Diglycerides, Artificial Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Potassium Phosphate, Yellow 5 & 6.

Another Dimension
07-26-2007, 06:15 PM
ToonTown still sells frozen yogurt somewhere, I think...

Anyone?? :confused:

:)

Chadsgal
07-26-2007, 09:15 PM

I am so excited to hear this!!!!!!! I am very allergic to Dairy and can only handle it in very small quantities. So this means I can have a Dole Whip, But I think the Dole Whip floats have dairy in them. I also enjoy chocolate covered bannanas

tripodjw
07-27-2007, 02:33 AM
AND. . .you can have it piled with whipping cream and cherries! Warning, this is PLENTY for two people (and not much more money than one double-scoop waffel cone!). Also, you can choose from any of the flavors of ice cream they have there, you don't have to choose vanilla.:D

Droooool!!!!!!!

:):):)