PDA

View Full Version : Which Disney character would you like to see at the parks more often?

Pages : [1] 2

Glass Slipper
07-24-2007, 11:33 PM
My vote is for Tinkerbell:)

Next would be Cinderella. We must always be at the wrong place at the wrong time because we've never seen her!

Also, when I was at WDW in 1998 I had a picture taken with a character that looked like a large pelican dressed in a pilot outfit....very cute, but never did know his name! Wonder what happened to him:confused:

Rapunzelthorn
07-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Donald. He's always been my favorite. :)

D15
07-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Also, when I was at WDW in 1998 I had a picture taken with a character that looked like a large pelican dressed in a pilot outfit....very cute, but never did know his name! Wonder what happened to him:confused:

Launchpad McQuack (http://www.pacifier.com/~bowman/pix/lnch-pd.jpg)?

At the moment, we'd love to be able to catch Mr. Smee walking around since our youngest travellers have been searching to no avail. In general, I'd love to see more 'forgotten' or 'limited time' characters. Way back when Hunchback had just come out we had a great experience with Esmeralda and Phoebus in the park and I'd love to see them again!

Another Dimension
07-25-2007, 02:22 AM
The Wicked Queen. :~D

Cinderella is at Disneyland, daily. :)

mommy-san
07-25-2007, 06:18 AM
Narnia queen- and Stitch.

Mrs Mouse
07-25-2007, 08:04 AM
I once saw all seven dwarfs meandering through the park at once. That would have been a great photo op and I'd love to see it again!

Others that ought to be out more frequently: Mr. Smee, Piglet, Daisy Duck and definitely Jiminy Cricket. I hear he makes appearances on Earth Day, but I think he should be out and about all the time!

Also, I would like to see the princesses as they used to appear in the park. I know that they are still present daily at the Fantasy Faire (which I have not braved the line to experience), but there was just something magical about strolling near the castle and happening upon a princess.

IdahoMike
07-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Pretty much any rare to semi-rare character would be nice to see.

Piglet & Rabbit over in Critter Country

Smee, Hook (other than at Plaza Inn), Maleficent, 7 Dwarfs (Dwarves?), Honest John, Gideon, in Fantasyland

Daisy Duck (other than Lilo & Stitch Breakfast) on main st. or toontown

Gadget or Roger Rabbit in toontown

Some of the other "lesser" movie characters, such as characters from Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pocahontas and Mulan

Baloo, King Louie, Tarzan, Jane, Terk, Rafiki in Adventureland

DCA: How about a little love for Mike Wazowski? Sulley is there all the time, why no Mike?

petesimac
07-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Geez, this is simple: Mickey! Why is it that you have to stand in line or wait to see him in the parades? When I was a kid, going to WDW in Orlando, Mickey would always walk around the park greeting people. In my opinion, they ought to give him a lot more exposure. They've done better in recent years, but I still want more Mickey. After all, he is the star of the show!

Mrs Mouse
07-25-2007, 08:51 AM
How about a little love for Mike Wazowski? Sulley is there all the time, why no Mike?

Oh yeah! I forgot about Mike! He'd make a great addition.

Along the same lines (somewhat) I'd love to see the Little Green Men from Toy Story (the ones with three eyes, not the army guys). These guys are a favorite of mine and I have tons of pictures from the Buzz ride/store, but it would be great to see them out and about. And while we're on the subject of Toy Story, I think a great big Mr. Potato Head would be fantastic greeting people outside of Engine-Ears Toys in DCA.

disneyphilip
07-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Have any of you folks ever made your wishes know to Guest Relations?

That'd be the best way to let them know that you want to see a more diverse variety of characters out and about at DL.

They DO listen to guest feedback.

yohomama212
07-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Someone mentioned Don Carnage on an old thread and I haven't stopped thinking about him! I would love to see the characters from the shows I grew up with like DuckTales and Tail Spin! Soooo cool! Yeah, Pocahontas, Mulan, Hercules, Quasimodo, and all their co-stars would be great to see too!

Elizabeth

Wedge
07-25-2007, 09:52 AM
I saw 2 characters in WDW last year that I had never seen before and it was really fun (during the Boo-To-You Halloween parade). I wish they would show them more often.

Christopher Robin (Actually played by a 8-9 year old boy dancing with Pooh and the gang)

The 3 Hyenas from Lion King (wow those costumes were straight out of the movie and were some of the more impressive ones I've ever seen at any of the parks)

The Evil Queen
07-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Hands down, The Evil Queen. I've only managed to see her ONCE just inside the castle gates near Peter Pan. What a GREAT character she is.

Cruella gets into it, but Queenie...She takes the cake!

I've not seen Maleficent, either. Would really like to see her, too!

I guess I'm a fan of the "Disney Dark-Side"...:D

DaDuckFan1955
07-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Donald Duck

When I was there in April of this year only saw the Duck on the Parade.

Hopefully when I get back there this December I can get a photo of the first and real "Donald"..

VickiC
07-25-2007, 10:57 AM
It would be very hard for Mickey to just wander the park. The moment he comes out someone stops him to ask for a photo or autograph. As soon as he stops moving a line forms. Then is he just supposed to wander away leaving those who lined up angry?

GORGON
07-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Donald, the last two trips i've only seen him on Fantasmic Boat

jackiedee
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Jasmine! I only saw her at the character breakfast.:(

jeffthechef
07-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Timone & Pumba, Peter Pan & Captain Hook, The Dwarfs, Belle with The Beast, Genie.

Mrs Mouse
07-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Thought of another one: Genie from Aladdin.

We've only ever seen him once (aside from Fantasmic).

cstephens
07-25-2007, 03:54 PM
On a regular basis, I'd like to be able to see Boo without having to watch Block Party Bash, which I like but don't have time to watch it all the time.

From October to January, I'd love Jack and Sally walk-arounds.

Wendy Bird
07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
On a regular basis, I'd like to be able to see Boo without having to watch Block Party Bash, which I like but don't have time to watch it all the time.

From October to January, I'd love Jack and Sally walk-arounds.
OOOO Jack would be cool

UsBurchs
07-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Donald.

I've posted many times about how we seem to never see Donald except for in the big parade. It drives me nuts! He's been mentioned a couple times here . . . maybe we really should contact guest relations. Good idea!

PanFan
07-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Robin Hood

Ratigan would be pretty cool too.

V.I.N.CENT.
07-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Mary Poppins!

Did not know that they actually had her walking around the parks until last year when my wife and I saw her briefly near the Jungle Cruise.

We looked for her the rest of the trip and had no luck :crying:

WifeyMommy
07-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I would love to have Orlando Bloom as Will Turner walking with me to my hotel room. But since DL probably will not entertain that I would have to say Captain Hook. His surely behavior always makes my kids quake. And my hubby is bald so he always manages to give him a disgusted look while patting his noggin LOL.