PDA

View Full Version : Which Disney character would you like to see at the parks more often?

Pages : 1 [2]

Wendi
07-25-2007, 08:56 PM
For me it's a set of characters... Snow White AND the Seven Dwarfs.

partyoffive
07-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Jasmine! I only saw her at the character breakfast.:(

Suggestion: See the show at alladins oasis - you can get pics and autographs with alladin and jasmine after the show -

IdahoMike
07-25-2007, 10:29 PM
I'll have to agree with the whole Donald Duck idea too. For being one of the Fab 5, he is almost NEVER around. We got him in DCA in June, wearing his hawaiian gear (only time we saw him in 10 days), in January on main st. in his xmas sweater (only time in 7 days), and only once last summer over the course of 2 weeks. Meanwhile, you could meet Pluto in about 25 different spots every day.

For the person wanting more Mary Poppins, she is actually out pretty much every day. Spends a lot of time at Refreshment Corner, and if you ask at the "wait times" board, they can usually call Toon Finder and tell you what her schedule will be for that day.

rmarino74
07-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Jessica Rabbit! Alhtough that is probably reserved for a Disney park in Vegas.:D

Bytebear
07-26-2007, 10:40 AM
My vote is for Tinkerbell:)

Also, when I was at WDW in 1998 I had a picture taken with a character that looked like a large pelican dressed in a pilot outfit....very cute, but never did know his name! Wonder what happened to him:confused:

Launchpad McQuack (http://www.pacifier.com/~bowman/pix/lnch-pd.jpg)?

Actually, it sounds more like Orville, the albatross from the Rescuers, but I could be wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orville_%28The_Rescuers%29

rmarino74
07-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Actually, it sounds more like Orville, the albatross from the Rescuers, but I could be wrong.

I was with the previous post betting on it being Launchpad McQuack. He was around in that timeframe and I have pictures with him at DL wearing the pilot's costume.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launchpad_McQuack

Another Dimension
07-26-2007, 05:39 PM
there was just something magical about strolling near the castle and happening upon a princess.

I wholly agree with the above statement!! :D

D15
07-26-2007, 05:44 PM

I tried to take a cue from the word "outfit" rather that "hat and goggles" :fez: That, and I don't think I've ever seen (or heard of) an Orville character in the parks. Rescuers characters would be pretty cool, though!

Disneyfan07
07-26-2007, 08:01 PM
I was at DCA this past Sunday and my nephew and I saw the Blue Genie signing autographs and posing for Pictures.

WDW heart
07-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Wendy. Wendy. Wendy.

Bytebear
07-27-2007, 04:26 PM
I tried to take a cue from the word "outfit" rather that "hat and goggles" :fez: That, and I don't think I've ever seen (or heard of) an Orville character in the parks. Rescuers characters would be pretty cool, though!

I guess I thought a pelican looks more like an albatross than like a duck. But, I agree, the rescuers in the park would be cool. Even a ride would be neat.

Glass Slipper
07-27-2007, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=D15;1106152]Launchpad McQuack (http://www.pacifier.com/~bowman/pix/lnch-pd.jpg)?

Yes, Launchpad McQuack was the character at WDW I saw in 1998! Thanks for including the pic....looks just like the guy:) I seem to remember hearing that name in the past but have no idea which story/movie he is from!

D15
07-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Yes, Launchpad McQuack was the character at WDW I saw in 1998! Thanks for including the pic....looks just like the guy:) I seem to remember hearing that name in the past but have no idea which story/movie he is from!

Heh, he was in two cartoons from the late 80s-90s: DuckTales and Darkwing Duck ("Let's get dangerous!"). If you follow the Wikipedia link above there's more info, too. I think the last time I saw him in a park must have been... gee, '95? But technically the last time I saw him was in the "Day at Disneyland" VHS, just yesterday :p

Inkyprintz
07-30-2007, 08:16 PM
I'd like to see my favorite little wooden boy - Pinocchio. I only ever see him in parades. And the mice from Cinderella. I used to see the girl mouse all the time but I haven't see her in years.

BraMax
07-31-2007, 07:00 AM
I can't believe the difference in seasons as to the amount of Characters you see. When we've been off season we seen Alice, Madhatter, Tweedle Dee/Dum, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins and all the usual. I've even seen Pocohantus(sp). This time in July the most unusual character we seen walking around was Pinochio(sp again sorry). But I would love to see Daisy and the Princesses again. Our first trip we saw them riding the carosel. And they need to bring more Characters out in DCA. I didn't see any there this past July and we spent a lot of time there as it wasn't as busy.

mashelle
07-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Donald Duck

When I was there in April of this year only saw the Duck on the Parade.

Hopefully when I get back there this December I can get a photo of the first and real "Donald".. i would love to see more of the beast. I got to see him in wdw in 04. also my friend thinks donald should be running the place

shna
07-31-2007, 09:24 AM
I want Kanga and Roo!

Disneyfan07
07-31-2007, 10:16 AM
I saw Beast walking around with Belle at DCA when I wass there in July

teriG
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
I wish they had an Edna Mode character walking around. I think she would be fun with a great big plastic head and about the same size as Donald, i.e. tiny. She could sign autographs with Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl at DCA.

MiaTurner
08-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Bowler Hat Guy, Wilbur, and Lewis!! :D All my friends have seen and them and I keep missing them somehow...

tigger08
08-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Doanld, Daisy, the 7 Dwarfs and the beast.

kylephoto760
08-07-2007, 11:07 PM
And they need to bring more Characters out in DCA. I didn't see any there this past July and we spent a lot of time there as it wasn't as busy.

I typically see far more characters in DCA than in DL, although the past few times I've been there it seems like it's been fairly equal in character deployment.

kiki
08-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Jessica Rabbit! Alhtough that is probably reserved for a Disney park in Vegas.:D

I love Jessica Rabbit and would love to see her and Roger in the park, but she may be a bit too sexy for the kids.

jazzysmom
08-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Timone, he always cracks me up.

kisroo
08-08-2007, 09:11 AM
From October to January, I'd love Jack and Sally walk-arounds.

This was Mr kisroo's choice, too!

I'd love to see Tink in FL.

~kisroo:)