PDA

View Full Version : Your LEAST favorite Ride / Attraction / Restaurant at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3

JamesDL
07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Ok, so I know we all talk about our Favorites at DL. We have lots of favorites and it's hard to choose just one favorite ride / favorite attraction / favorite restaurant. Well to make it even HARDER, I want to hear about everyone's LEAST FAVORITE in these 3 categories.

After talking to our family, here are our answers.

RIDE: Jungle Cruise
Reasons: same stale jokes everytime. Used to like it when the CMs could say their own jokes and not stick to the script.

ATTRACTION: Innovations
Reasons: Reminded me of a cheap trade show. I DJ and was highly dissapointed to see Pioneers Flagship DVJ digital video turntables hooked up improperly. (No mixer, no 2nd player, wrong wrong wrong ). This is a $3000 player (you need 2 so $6k), and I really doubt they are going to sell any the way it was setup, you couldn't even do 10% of what that machine was made to do.

RESTAURANT- I forget the name but its in New Orleans and serves the mint Juleps. Food tasted horrible and the the mint Juleps tasted like scope mouthwash mixed with Windex.

Ok well that was a lot of negative so I'll throw in some favorites to negate the negative.

Favorite ride - Splash Mountain
Attraction - Fireworks
Restaurant - Bengal BBQ

Ok now YOUR turn!

minniemom
07-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I didn't think there was anything I didn't like about Disneyland, but after thinking about it, here are mine:

Ride:
Star Tours, I think it is to jerky.

Attraction:
Mine is Innovations as well. I thought it was nothing more than a waste of time.

Resturant:
Catal. I know some people rave about this one, but I hated it!!!

I would list my favorites, but we would be here all day!!!!

jackiedee
07-24-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm going to agree and say Star Tours for ride ( I get dizzy)

Attraction: I'm probably going to be hated for this, but, Fantasmic. I hated it the first time I saw it as a kid and even more now that I'm an adult. I think what I hate most is that people start saving spots in the early afternoon an before you know it all of NO square is full of people. Totally ruins the atmosphere.

Rapunzelthorn
07-24-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't like the Astro Orbitors. I feel like I am going to fall out and they make me dizzy. If it hadn't been for my five year old son wanting to ride, I wouldn't have gone on them. I never will again.

barely
07-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Space Mountain (sorry). Makes me walk like a drunk every time!

destinationdisney
07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
my least favorite ride is the autopias. the wait is usually quite long and you can never just drive, it's all start and stop and wait and get rammed into, and then you have to wait so long to get off. i would rather do anything else at DL. i have not been to a restaurant i did'nt like. there is something good about them all IMO.

carolinakid
07-24-2007, 02:37 PM
These are my worst attraction at DL & CA for the same reasons: Waste of Time but mostly waste of Precious SPACE!!
DL:Innoventions
CA:Midway Games (Bountiful Valley Farm, Boudin Bakery & Mission Tortilla Factory are close runners-up!)

disneychick
07-24-2007, 02:40 PM
While I appreciate Storybook Land Canal Boats, having seen it once it's just not something I bother with anymore - the line is like molasses, and I find the ride itself pretty boring.

Innovations one time was enough for me, too. As for food, I keep well away from the Village Haus (blech!!).

My favorite restaurant is Carnation Cafe - but ultimately, my favorite foods at DL are really the snacks (churros, Dole Whips, etc.). Favorite ride would have to be POTC, with Indy running a close second. :)

Suzie Minnie
07-24-2007, 03:02 PM
All of the videogames stink. They take up too much space.

I don't like the giant treehouse, Tarzan or something.

The canoes aren't fun to me. Too much effort at Disney.

Tom Sawyer's island (which is called something else now).

My biggest negative is that they took out Country Bear and put in Winnie the Pooh. Don't get me wrong, I love Pooh, but why couldn't they have placed it someplace else? Like DCA for example! Maybe they will put the Bears in DCA! That would be great!

MM at DCA stinks!

shna
07-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Least Favorite Ride: Autopia -- too jerky, too noisy, too stinky. You'd think they'd be able to come up with some sort of electric cars, or at least something that's low-emission. All of that diesel exhaust is just disgusting.
Honorable Mention: Indy -- I used to like it, but now it just winds up either giving me a headache, or making an existing headache worse.

Attraction: Innoventions. I was SOOO much happier with America Sings.

Food: I don't know that I really have a "least favorite." I'm appalled by most of the prices, but I still buy food...

Clotho
07-24-2007, 04:50 PM
InnoVENtions, people. InnoVENtions. Three different folks misspelled it, so I thought it beared a note.

I agree with Autopia. Standing in line I get a headache from the fumes, and then the ride always is slow and some teenage invariably bumps from behind rpeatedly. I stopped going finally. I would love to see something futuristic put in there, being that it is in Tomorrowland. I agree that some electrical car would be more appropriate and less dirty. But yes, more expensive, so we won't see it happen...

BIRDGIRLS
07-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Dislikes (DL):
-Pirate's Lair (getting rid of Tom Sawyer's Island defeats the point of having a Mark Twain..)
-Tarzan's Treehouse
-Honey I Shrunk the Audience
-Innoventions

DCA:
-Playhouse Disney
-The empty building where Millionaire is (bring back Millionaire!!!)
-High School Musical Parade.

Rapunzelthorn
07-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Ahhh, the fumes from Autopia. Every time I smell emissions like that, no matter where I am, I'm instantly transported to the Autopia line at Disneyland. :p

2002 TC eL
07-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Least Favorite Attraction: Innoventions. I was SOOO much happier with America Sings.

INNOVENTIONS because it replaced America Sings which was one of our MOST favorite attractions.

Food: I don't know that I really have a "least favorite." I'm appalled by most of the prices, but I still buy food...

And before America Sings, the Carousel of Progress was a great attraction. I think Dud Light Year is tied with Innoventions for being the most worthless attraction. It is where Circle Vision was located. Rocket Rods was even more worthless because it replaced the People Mover and Circle Vision and never worked more than a few minutes each day.

Least favorite food: Corn dogs from the red truck. Sadly, the choices at Disneyland keep getting reduced. For example: 14 years ago, the Harbour Galley had a nice selection of sea food items.

MoKat72
07-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Rides:

I agree about the Astro Orbiters. I won't go on those anymore because I think I'm going to fall out.

Also, I don't hate it, but the Sailing Ship Columbia is super-dull. We make jokes about how terrifying it is every time we go there. I wanted to print up T-shirts that said "I survived the Columbia." :)

Attraction:

I'm totally over "Honey, I Shrunk The Audience". It was fun the first 1000 times, but I'd like to see it replaced.

Food:

DH and I racked our brains, but we couldn't think of any food we don't like there. :)

amarvel
07-24-2007, 08:27 PM
ride:
I dont like indy, just doesnt do anything for me, i actually find it boring, i dont see what the hype is about.

attraction:
golden dreams in dca, but it is good for really hot days with the air conditioning

food:
not sure

IdahoMike
07-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Ride: Tie between Astro Orbitor (ships are too uncomfortable to get in and out of) and Autopia (fumes, lines, and not much fun once you actually get in the car.)

Attraction: Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. Stale

Restaurant: Of the ones I have tried, it is easily Village Haus, due to the slowness of the lines. Food quality was not that bad, but the wait was ridiculous.

californiagirlx7
07-24-2007, 08:51 PM
RIDE: Dumbo, because its a long line for a really boring line. I can't even remember the last time I went on it.

ATTRACTION: Does Starcade count? It doesn't seem like it fits in Disneyland, it seem more of an amusement park attraction (vs. a theme park attraction). Innoventions isn't really that thrilling either.

RESTAURANT: I haven't eaten everywhere in the park but most of the places we've been to serve the same mediocre food (like Hungry Bear, Village Haus, & Daisy's Diner). My family thought Blue Bayou was vastly overrated.

A Touch of Destiny
07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
"Food tasted horrible and the the mint Juleps tasted like scope mouthwash mixed with Windex."

LOL...You are so right! Those things are gross!

Least Favorite-
RIDE-
Disneyland- Space Mountain. I dont like Roller coasters much, and the pitch dark is kind of, well...boring? It also makes you feel too shaken up, yuck.
CA adventure- This is actually an attraction, but the midway games weren't the hottest idea. Dont get me wrong, I love midway games- but not at Disneyland. You can play them pretty much anywhere in CA at any county fair, or at the beach boardwalk, etc. etc. Wasn't really imaginative on Disney's part.

Favorite! :)
Ride
Disneyland- A Pirates life for me! (POTC)
CA adventure- Tie between Soarin and Grizzly River Run

Clotho
07-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Ahhh, the fumes from Autopia. Every time I smell emissions like that, no matter where I am, I'm instantly transported to the Autopia line at Disneyland. :p

LOLROFL!

I left out attraction and food.

I love the arcades, because I love video games and don't make time to go to arcades any other time. So to each their own, I suppose. A little DDR makes my day. :)

Innoventions is not necessarily my least favorite, but I will chime in that it is a huge let down simply because there is great potential there that is untapped. We have the Pacific Science Center here in Seattle which has great educational and technological exhibits. I feel like Disney should be able to trump it and then some. But instead it seems like an ad for Disney home video games and some random stuff that is of little interest to the mixed age groups that go through. But I always go, always find at least one thing that I enjoy, and always enjoy the air conditioning, since it is so scarce in attractions and queues in DLR. ;)

For food....?Tough. Hungry Bear, I think. Kinda bland and traveling carnival quality.

Glass Slipper
07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Least favorites?

RIDES:
-Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - might as well remove them, as they are never running or seem to be very popular whenever I visit
-Indiana Jones and Star Tours - never been on either of them since I dislike jerky simulators, but even though the ideas for these rides come from movies, in my opinion they don't seem to "fit" Disneyland

ATTRACTIONS:
-Innoventions - bring back Carousel of Progress and/or America Sings!
-Tarzan's Treehouse - large space-filler in a very congested area
-Honey I Shrunk The Audience - went once, couldn't stand it
-It's Tough To Be A Bug - same as above
-Aladdin - many may disagree, but I thought the wait was not worth the quality of the show at all.....will not go again

RESTAURANTS:
-Naples - very strange pizza, I'll stick with Redd Rockett's!
-Strips, Dips, & Chips - overly greasy
-Burger Invasion - McDonald's at Disneyland???
-Village Haus - food not bad, but the most disorganized lines I've ever seen!

I actually had to think long and hard to answer this question though, because there are soooo many "favorites", and when I think of the Disneyland Resort, I don't often think of things I don't like:)

bigrockstar
07-25-2007, 12:44 AM
RIDE: The entire "Bug's Life" themed area in DCA
Reasons: The whole thing is SOOOOOO boring to me. I know they were trying to cater to a younger audience, but why can't they cater to ALL audiences with a little more planning and effort? I, for one, hope to see major changes happen there with the new renovation budget.

ATTRACTION: Most of the non-ride attractions in Tomorrowland.
Reasons: They are all either getting way too old, or have been represented or reproduced in many other family destinations. I may be in the minority, but it seems to me that the bands they have play at "Club Buzz" or whatever are never very good. I say it's about time they do something new with the Starcade building (that escalator has been shut down for years), Innoventions, HISTA, and the People Mover track.

RESTAURANT- Tortilla Joe's.
Reasons: I don't really mind it, but it is my least favorite. I mean, come on... it's over-priced, mediocre Mexican food in an area that is known for great Mexican food.

Swhite
07-25-2007, 06:03 AM
RIDE: I was surprised no one said Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I never liked it at all! That's our least favorite at DL. At DCA it would have to be the ride where you go straight up, then fall. Normally I like those rides, but that sheild makes me feel claustrophobic, and I can't do it. Sorry I forget what this ride is called!

ATTRACTION: Totally agree with what has been said already, Innoventions at DL and carnival games and Whoopie at DCA.

RESTAURANT: I was sad last time we went to watch Billy Hill and all we could get was junk like cheese sticks, etc. I liked it before when you could actually eat lunch while taking in his show. LUV BILLY HILL!!

danyoung
07-25-2007, 08:09 AM
My least favorite would have to be the Astro Orbiter in its current location. It used to be a fun little thrill up on the pylon. Now it's just another Dumbo, and the placement right in the middle of the Tomorrowland entrance (and extruding into the Main Street viewline) is simply stupid.

A close second would have to be (like many others here) Innoventions. Great potential, completely wasted space. Especially when this turntable used to hold such classics as the Carousel of Progress and later America Sings, its current incarnation is bland and boring.

DCA - It's a tie between the silly midway games area and the silly kiddie rides area in Bug's Land. Great bug theming, lame rides (even for the wee ones!).

bloodnswash
07-25-2007, 08:31 AM
My least favorite ride is Buzz. Hate it hate it hate it. I'll go on it with family, but I don't like it. This ride looks so cheesy, in my opinion. Looks like absolutely no thought went into. And it looks like it was thrown together at the last minute.

Attractions I don't like: Pretty much the shows. Not all, but many of them; HISTA, Golden Dreams, It's Tough to Be a Bug, etc. I think they are just garbage. Have done them all once and don't need to do them again. I am perfectly fine with the Aladdin show at DCA, though. Although, with the Aladdin show it really does depend on who is performing as to how good the show is that day (I have seen one great show, one awful show, and one ok show). Turtle Talk is a show that does not get thrown into the hate category for me. I soooooo like Turtle Talk. :)

Hmmm, other then the regular food at Blue Bayou (we do like having dessert there) there aren't any food places at the parks that I don't like. However, every restaurant that I have tried in Downtown Disney I think is disgusting. The food, in my opinion, tastes awful and it is not worth the price(s).

I have too many favorites to be listing. :)