PDA

View Full Version : Insider Tips

Pages : [1] 2

Rapunzelthorn
07-24-2007, 12:42 PM
What are your favorite little known tips for enjoying your Disneyland experience. For instance, do you know of a hidden restroom or a usually deserted resting spot or vendor where special treats can be purchased that most people miss? What about the best place to refill your water bottle or get freebies that most people don't know about? What are your best "secrets"? Just thought it would be fun and helpful to gather all of these in one spot. Anything that the bulk of visitors don't know about is fair game. :)

Rapunzelthorn
07-24-2007, 01:02 PM
One tip that I learned from this page is that you don't have to use your Fast Passes by the ending window time printed on them and that you can still get Fast Passes at CA for the same times that your currently holding Disneyland FP's for. I thought that this was extremely helpful to know, especially about not having to use them by the end time! So, thanks to everyone who has shared that info!:D

Rapunzelthorn
07-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Another good tip that I learned about from Mouse Planet is the Rider Switch Pass available on some attractions. We used that last year and it was really wonderful!:)

Malcon10t
07-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Refill CamelBaks at the drink station on the back side of the French Market by the NOS train station. Very convenient.

Suzie Minnie
07-24-2007, 02:49 PM
use Ridemax, it is wonderful

DisneylandJon
07-24-2007, 02:59 PM
soda cost $3 (or so) but you can get free ice water any time!
Just go on up and ask for one.

My family and I enjoy the benches in between frontierland and carnation gardens

disneychick
07-24-2007, 03:41 PM
The "secret bathroom" is pretty cool - we were at DL for 8 days last year, and never saw another soul using or waiting for this bathroom. Very convenient with my DS, who gets a little freaked out by loud flushing! :rolleyes:

minniemom
07-24-2007, 04:11 PM
The mysterious smell as you walk into DCA is roasting coffee!!!

Quinten27
07-24-2007, 04:28 PM
If you have the desire, get into DCA as soon as they open they gates and you have just enough time to enjoy some fresh baked goodies at the Bakery before getting lined up for the actual rope drop. For some reason, a still warm fresh baked chocolate muffin and coffee was a GREAT way to start my disney day. :)

Ride the matterhorn during the fireworks show! You have to usually line up a little bit before the start of the fireworks to time it right, but zipping around the mountain with the music and kabooms going off is pretty cool.

Oh, and there is a "secret" entrace to DCA if you are staying at the PP hotel. It's kind of hidden back through a path of tall hedges near the GC hotel.

mariezp
07-24-2007, 05:16 PM
The "secret bathroom" is pretty cool - we were at DL for 8 days last year, and never saw another soul using or waiting for this bathroom. Very convenient with my DS, who gets a little freaked out by loud flushing! :rolleyes:

That is a good tip to know! Last year we went through major ordeals everytime we needed to take my DD to the bathroom! She is also afraid of those loud potties. Please, refresh my memory as to where the "secret bathroom" is located. It would be wonderful if it helped our trip go smoother in September.

leota's necklace
07-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Oh, and there is a "secret" entrace to DCA if you are staying at the PP hotel. It's kind of hidden back through a path of tall hedges near the GC hotel.

I'm afraid this entrance has been closed, if I'm not mistaken. Difficult to do searches and all, I seem to remember -- last time I was there it was home to an out-of-place planter.

D15
07-24-2007, 05:45 PM
That is a good tip to know! Last year we went through major ordeals everytime we needed to take my DD to the bathroom! She is also afraid of those loud potties. Please, refresh my memory as to where the "secret bathroom" is located. It would be wonderful if it helped our trip go smoother in September.

It's to the left of the castle; around the corner from Carnation Gardens, between the stage and the tunnel that leads to Rancho del Zocalo. DaddyB did a photo update once that helped me find it initially (I think I bookmarked it, let me see... ah, here: http://www.visionsfantastic.org/daddyb/2006_02_28_Update/02_28_Update.htm) :)

DaddyB
07-24-2007, 05:55 PM
One tip that I learned from this page is that you don't have to use your Fast Passes by the ending window time printed on them and that you can still get Fast Passes at CA for the same times that your currently holding Disneyland FP's for. I thought that this was extremely helpful to know, especially about not having to use them by the end time! So, thanks to everyone who has shared that info!:DI just recently learned that you don't necessarily have to wait until the return time is past on fastpasses that are long waits (like Space Mountain where you get your FP at 11am but it's not usable until 7pm on busy days)... you are eligible for another fastpass after an hour or so has passed. It says so right on the fastpass if you look... it'll say "another faspass is available after _____".

It's to the left of the castle; around the corner from Carnation Gardens, between the stage and the tunnel that leads to Rancho del Zocalo. DaddyB did a photo update once that helped me find it initially (I think I bookmarked it, let me see... ah, here: http://www.visionsfantastic.org/daddyb/2006_02_28_Update/02_28_Update.htm) :) That is so funny to see that link for that update. I just used a picture from that update in my latest photo update about Pirate's Lair, so I was just looking that update over last night!

[see my signature below for a link to my latest photo update]

Rapunzelthorn
07-24-2007, 06:12 PM
I will have to find the "secret" bathroom!

There is also a restroom in Tomorrowland across form Autopia that is usually very uninhabited.

Rapunzelthorn
07-24-2007, 06:40 PM
soda cost $3 (or so) but you can get free ice water any time!
Just go on up and ask for one.

My family and I enjoy the benches in between frontierland and carnation gardens

I didn't know this. So, you don't have to buy anything to get free ice water? Would this be at any of the restaurants in the parks? I can stop spending $2.50 a bottle on water?! :eek: It really adds up with a family of four!

Good tip! :)

amarvel
07-24-2007, 08:03 PM
yeah i didnt know about the water?!?! that is a great tip!

Wendy Bird
07-24-2007, 08:05 PM
For water, it depends where you are. At the Hungry Bear they give you a kids meal cup full of ice and tell you to fill it up at the near by water fountain. I also never asked for water alone, we've always bought something with it.

MoKat72
07-24-2007, 08:07 PM
The porch across from the Gibson Girl. Most people think you aren't allowed to sit there, and I think that's why it's almost always empty. It's a good place to sit and enjoy your ice cream before you jump back into the madness!

IdahoMike
07-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Since I learned about them, I have started making a point of saying hello to Max, Buff, and Melvin every time I ride Pooh as an homage to the Country Bears.

DisneylandJon
07-24-2007, 09:49 PM
I didn't know this. So, you don't have to buy anything to get free ice water? Would this be at any of the restaurants in the parks? I can stop spending $2.50 a bottle on water?! :eek: It really adds up with a family of four!

Good tip! :)

I got it at several of the restaurants throughout the park, and they always gave me normal soda size cups with ice and water. I never bought anything to go with it. It was a great discovery!

DisneylandJon
07-24-2007, 09:51 PM
The porch across from the Gibson Girl. Most people think you aren't allowed to sit there, and I think that's why it's almost always empty. It's a good place to sit and enjoy your ice cream before you jump back into the madness!

I almost never see those seats empty - my wife always wants to go and sit there but they are always taken! The only time we see them empty is first thing in the morning when we are too excited about getting on a ride to stop and sit down.

bigrockstar
07-25-2007, 01:13 AM
The free ice water thing is even better if you are like me and sneak in some of those little "Lipton to Go" or "Crystal Light" packets in your pocket! ;)

kohl
07-25-2007, 06:56 AM
I learned this from BradK.
You can ask a Skipper on the Jungle Cruise for a map. It is a map of the ride.
A great FREE souviner.

ssturgeo
07-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Most of the vegetation in Tomorrowland is edible....everyone is too busy rushing to the next attraction to notice. When I was there in May there were strawberries growing along lots of the paths, also some tall artichoke plants!! Fun to try to spot the various ones.

splash
07-25-2007, 02:18 PM
The secret bathroom is located in the carnation gardens or plaza, it is left of the castle. You go down a path to a covered area, then you see a fence and what looks like a gate. The bathroom is right before you go through the gate on the right side. The door faces sideways and it is hard to see unless you are right by it. It was open when we were there in Dec.