PDA

View Full Version : Raising my kids Disney style!

Boo's Mommy
07-23-2007, 02:21 PM
I just had to share...one of my daughter's favorite topics of discussion is Disneyland. She's 4 so she can rattle on for hours on a variety of things, but we've noticed lately that she's very talkative of Disneyland!
We haven't told them yet about the big annual trip in October and definitely haven't told her about the surprise Christmas trip.
She loves to talk about how we camped in the park (her version of staying at GCH where she watches the park from the balcony) and how she loves the Pirates of the Caribbean and how she gets to eat there also (Blue Bayou) and then she sings the songs and how she gets to play with the pirates while eating (Cafe Orleans) and how it's all just her favoritest.
we let her get the mail and she always scans through it, recognizing any Disney and Mickey mouse symbols...knowing everyday is a potential day to go to DLR.
It makes me sooo happy and proud she has these memories already building and sooo much excitement for the place! (My ds loves it sooo much as well, but a 2 yo has only soo much expressions.... but let's just say that if there is any 'Cars' involved he won't stop jumping and screaming!) I'm sooo happy to be able to share these joys with my kids! I know she is among many that would be more than happy to move our entire living quarters to the parks!
CHEERS TO RAISING OUR KIDS DISNEY!!

PanFan
07-23-2007, 07:09 PM
I can't wait until my niece is big enough for a Tinker Bell costume (she's only a month old, so it will be a little while!). When she gets older, it'll be Princess Belle all the way. I mean, her name is Isabella! I'm totally going to be the crazy Disney auntie. I signed in one of my sister's friends' family and her 2 year old says "Mickey Mouse" every time she sees me! If this is how bad I am with my niece and a friend, just wait until I have kids of my own!

cookie7762
07-23-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm totally going to be a crazy dsney parent someday, too! My boyfriend and I always joke that our kid is going to get beat up as we raise him or her in a time capsule showing only classic disney videos and spending far too much time at DL. It all started when we went with my boyfriend's niece and nephew (ages 7 and 3) and they were completely unimpressed with DL. The 7 year old girl even said "this is it?". And I thought, are you kidding me!? This is the epitomy of my happiness! We took her through the houses in toon town and we tried to hype it up by saying things like "wow, can you believe we're in Mikey's house?" and she said "hm, ya i guess" Totally unimpressed again. From that trip forward I swore that my children would know, appreciate, love, and be obsessed with everything disney, just as I am. Poor kids are doomed from birth!

backsthepack
07-24-2007, 05:57 AM
I am the same way! I loved it this year when my 7 year old told me that he wanted to spend his 8th birthday at Disneyland!!!! Which we did, in June. We had a blast, including a special dinner at Goofy's Kitchen for him. He has been there like 11 times now.

I enjoy it now, while I can. I know that he is not going to be a Disney nut forever. He is growing up, getting interested in other things. But right now, while he is little, him and I have a special Disney bond.

Goofy4Disney
07-24-2007, 07:16 AM
My daughter is always talking about disney. We just got back from our vacation and she wants to go back already. We are going in Dec. for the Christmas holidays but she doesn't know yet. Just about every word out of her mouth has to do with disney! She can't wait to go back so that she can get on her favorite rides! Her b-day party is going to be disney!

sierranevada
07-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Love raising my son in the Disney style! He is 11 now but I still remember how proud I was the day, years ago, when we entered the park and he said he did not need a map - he knew DL like the back of his hand!

kathynova
07-24-2007, 09:34 AM
I have been taking my daughter to the park at least twice a year since she was 7. She turns 20 next month and it's still our favorite time together. Lots of great memories for us, and I hope to enjoy the same with her kids when I get to be a grandma!! Between the two of us, they won't stand a chance of not becoming Disneyland fans!

shna
07-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Over the weekend, we were looking at the Disneyland scrapbook I completed a couple of weeks ago. The whole thing was from our Halloween trip last year - DD's first trip to Disneyland (she was 2 1/2 when we went).

She looked at the book the other day and said, "I wish we could go to Disneewan and ride Pooh."

That's my girl -- not only a Disney fan, but specifically a Pooh fan!!! :D

UsBurchs
07-24-2007, 10:14 AM
It's so nice to know there are more people out there like me! :) I love being a Disney parent. As I write this, I'm listening to my son in the background playing with this Mickey Mouse Clubhouse toys and listening to the mixed CD I made him of all his favorite Disney songs. He just got done singing along to POTC and is on to the Mickey Mouse Club March. He asks me when we are going back to Disneyland EVERYDAY! We are planning a trip to WDW for 2008. My husband thinks I'm a little obsessive, but if my three-year-old boy wants to revel in the happiness that is Disney, I'm sure gonna let him! He'll be grown up before I know it. I just hope he always loves going with Mom and Dad to the Disney parks and appreciates all the joy and happy memories it brings to so many people.

Way to be Disney parents! Yay!

(ah, he's on to the Siamese Cat song now . .. )

minniemom
07-24-2007, 02:26 PM
I wouldn't have it any other way!!! Disney style is the only way to parent!! My middle daughter likes to tell people that she has been to Disneyland every year of her life. Also when talking about height, my kids always relate it to what ride they are tall enough to ride. Before my son was even born, my husband started to collect the Disney baseballs for him. I don't think my kids have ever had a room decorated in anything other than Disney characters.

BIRDGIRLS
07-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Let's see here. I've had a pass since I was about three. And I'm still being raised Disney Style. I LOVE IT!!! I love my grandparents for buying me a pass every year for Christmas.

yohomama212
07-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Add my three to the Doomed to be Disney list! I got them dressed this morning and the big kids are both in Disney themed t-shirts so they thought we were going to DL today.

DH and I are trying to figure out how we can get everyone in my family to join us in doing a group costuming for Halloween and have narrowed it down to Alice in Wonderland, BATB, or Peter Pan!

My kids sing themselves to sleep with YoHo or IASW!

Even our home-preschool materials are mostly Disney related!

ETA: DD#1 just identified the MousePlanet logo at the top of the page as "Disneyland"! Yeah, we're obsessed!

Elizabeth

Shootingstaar
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't have kids yet and when I think about future plans such as moving, I can't bring myself to think about moving out of California because it would make it so much harder to visit Disneyland. I grew up going to Disneyland at least twice a year and since adulthood have had an AP and go about every month. I can't bare to think of raising kids without the luxury of visiting Disneyland with that kind of convenience!

squirrel44
07-25-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm taking my niece (3) to DL in Sept. I have been showing her Disney Sing-A-Long videos (Disneyland + WDW) and the trip planning videos.

I mentioned once that we would get her a Mickey Mouse ice cream-that is all she talks about now! I hope once she has been she will remember more than just the food.

Can't wait till I have my own kid(s) to take.