PDA

View Full Version : Third park on its way?

Mad Hatter
07-02-2002, 11:54 PM
I see that they are starting to demolish the buildings on Clemintine, This is the land that Disney owns and where the new park will go. But have not heard of any time slot for the new park as of yet. Anyone hear of plans ?:confused:

CEO Andrew
07-03-2002, 06:04 AM
The only news that's been released thus far is that Disney is looking to build a water park as the third gate. I know they don't have all that much room there (about half of DCA), but is there any chance we might get a worthwhile second "park?"

Also, does anyone know of future expansion plans beyond a third park (I know it's a bit premature)? :)

disguy
07-03-2002, 07:38 AM
From what I've heard on other boards is that they will be building a water park in the Timon parking lot (I think) and in the strawberry field will be a themepark wayyy far in future. Also, another parking structure.

RStar
07-03-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by CEO Andrew
I know they don't have all that much room there (about half of DCA), but is there any chance we might get a worthwhile second "park"? :)

So is DCA so bad that you don't even consider it to be a second park?;)

I hope we get something other than a water park. They are not open year round, and aren't for everyone. I don't care for that kind of ride myself. I like the idea of somethething in the area of the ocean theme, like the Disney Sea.:D

Disney Nick
07-03-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by disguy
From what I've heard on other boards is that they will be building a water park in the Timon parking lot (I think) and in the strawberry field will be a themepark wayyy far in future. Also, another parking structure.

The rumor you are referring to has a water park being built next to the Paradise Pier hotel in that parking lot, not in Timon. Timon is still scheduled for DCA expansion. Also the EARLIEST that we will get a third park is in 10 years, but I believe they are still in the environmental impact phase.

Kevin Yee
07-03-2002, 08:59 AM
I think Nick is correct on all points below.

Furthermore, Clementine is where Anaheim Garden Walk (formerly Pointe Anaheim) will be, not the Third Park. This Garden Walk project is finally starting, and Downtown Disney may get some local competition soon.

The third theme park is, at the moment, nothing but CM parking, overflow parking for guests and/or CMs, and unused strawberry fields visible from Harbor (south of Katella).