PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Meal in DCA?

Pages : [1] 2

jazzysmom
07-23-2007, 12:46 PM
We usually eat at Airel's Grotto, but without the chicklets this next time, we are going to skip that. So we need another choice for lunch/dinner.

I would like to know where you like to eat at DCA? AND most importantly, WHAT you eat there.

I have so many favorites in DL, but DCA...I am coming up short on ideas. I would love your input. Thanks!!!

carolinakid
07-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Last time we were there (MAY 2006) my partner and I had a great, relaxing and romantic meal at the Vineyard Room in Golden State. The restaurant is beautiful and is located on the 2nd story of the Golden Vine Winery. I had a delicious rare filet mignon and my sweetie had a pasta dish (gnocchi I think) which he loved! Also a great bottle of Pinot Noir! Best of all we booked our dinner to coincide with the Electrical Parade which passed right below us! All in all a magical meal which I'd recommend to everyone. In fact we're doing it again when we go back in December 2007!

seanutbutter
07-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Honestly, my family generally doesn't stop to eat at DCA. From what I remember, we ate at Burger Invasion and Taste Pilot's Grill during our last two trips. I'm sure we stopped to get a drink or snack at other locations, but those two are the only "restaurants" we have visited.

disneychick
07-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Pacific Wharf Cafe, hands down. The soups in bread bowls are delicious and fresh, and a nice change from the typical burgers, hot dogs, etc.

If you want to (just barely) leave DCA, then think about Whitewater Snacks -they have a great selection, the food is good, and the prices very reasonable. WWS is just off the DCA entrance to the GCH - we stayed at the GCH, so don't know if you can use this entrance if you're not staying at the hotel.

jeffthechef
07-23-2007, 01:17 PM
I recomend going to the Grand Californian to the Critter Cafe. I always order the Roasted Chicken dinner. It's a half chicken w/ mashed potatoes and green beans for around $15. It's so big, I rarely can finish it.

carolinakid
07-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Jeff, Do you mean the Storytellers Cafe at the Grand Californian or did it change its name?

Sguidgit
07-23-2007, 02:31 PM
I love eating at the Trattoria underneath the Vineyard Room. I always get the Chicken Bruschetta Salad which is extremely refreshing on a hot day. If I'm still hungry (which hardly happens, it's a big salad) I get their fresh orange sorbet for dessert. Also, it's a nice atmosphere outside...especially after experiencing the craziness of Disneyland, it's a nice calm setting.

The bread bowls in the Pacific Wharf area are great (especially the Broccoli Cheese soup), but I don't get it as much because we had a Boudin in our local shopping mall.

For a snack, I love Taste a Flave across from Screamin'...especially their rootbeer floats!

jeffthechef
07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Jeff, Do you mean the Storytellers Cafe at the Grand Californian or did it change its name?

Ooops, yes it's Storytellers. Guess it's been too long and I need to gop back:)

Pat-n-Eil
07-23-2007, 02:52 PM
We enjoy the Wine Country Trattoria. Good lasagna, glass of wine, bread sticks.. Evening dining in the patio is very pleasant or you can eat inside. Table service is a wonderful thing when you've been walking all day.

DippyDawg32
07-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Enjoyed a lovely dinner with a lady friend at Napa Rose last night. I find myself eating there more and more....

KDR
07-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Another vote for Storyteller's. Hey, if it's good enough for Tom Hanks, it's good enough for me.

bigrockstar
07-23-2007, 05:04 PM
IMHO, Storyteller's is a fantastic place to eat... I go there for every trip, but I'm beginning to think it is a little too pricey for what you get. Therefore, I must voice another vote for White Water Snacks. It never seems to be very busy, the prices are very reasonable, you can sit inside (where it is fairly quiet), or outside and watch folks frolic at the GCH pool or pass by in DCA. It's not what I would call fancy, but it's a good deal with large portions and a relaxed atmosphere for less than half the price of Storyteller's. I don't think alcohol is served there, so if you are interested in that scene, try elsewhere. The hotdogs served at Award Wieners look very good, though I've never eaten there. Anybody have insight?

River Belle
07-23-2007, 07:18 PM
The hotdogs served at Award Wieners look very good, though I've never eaten there. Anybody have insight?

We've eaten there--not bad. Not fantastic, but not bad. We really like the Pacific Wharf Cafe--the nicoise salad (chicken, apples, etc. served in a sourdough bread bowl) is delicious, and we enjoy the outdoor seating.

But I'd probably vote for Storyteller's. We eat there quite often, and since you'll be there without little ones, it's a nice place to enjoy a lovely meal and a glass of wine. We haven't had a bad dish yet! Some of our favorites are the fire-roasted vegetable soup (really fresh) and the corn chowder (really yummy.) The grilled chicken melt is also delicious.

We've never had dessert (always too full after a meal--they start you off with some great bread, and it keeps on comin'), but I've always wanted to try the strawberry ice cream cake. It's a great restaurant, and I'm pretty sure we've entered through the hotel from DCA even when we didn't have a room there.

potzbie
07-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Funny, but the most satisfying meal I remember in DCA was a cold, rainy day, when I had hot chocolate and a croissant in BAKER FIELD'S BAKERY.

No crowds. Leisurely day to just hang around and see everything at my own pace.

Suzie Minnie
07-23-2007, 11:02 PM
3 course meal at The Vineyard Room

WITron
07-24-2007, 05:45 AM
I have to put in another vote for the Tattorria (sp?) I went there for the first time on my last trip and really enjoyed it. There was a group of about 10 of us and we had a great dinner. I used to be a big fan of the Blue Bayou, but with the price increases, I think I have a new favorite restaurant.

jazzysmom
07-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Wow, you guys are the best. Thank you so much!

Do I need to make lunch/dinner reservations at most of these??

carolinakid
07-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Of the restaurants that were mentioned reservations for lunch/dinner are suggested for:
Napa Rose
Storytellers Cafe
The Vineyard Room

Please let us know what you decided to do when you get back and how it was...

jazzysmom
07-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Of the restaurants that were mentioned reservations for lunch/dinner are suggested for:
Napa Rose
Storytellers Cafe
The Vineyard Room

Please let us know what you decided to do when you get back and how it was...

Cool, thank you! I just made my reservations...So we are going to Napa Rose, Storytellers, The Vineyard Room, Steakhouse 55 & Blue Bayou (a staple for us!) I am excited & hungry now.

Keep those meal suggestions coming!!! I want to hear what everyone loves at these places!

CariBelle
07-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Soup in a bread bowl at the wharf or the kids meal with sliders at Taste Pilot's Grill lol

Suzie Minnie
07-24-2007, 01:44 PM
At the Vineyard Room, I got the 3 course meal for $45 plus Banfi Rosa wine for $14.50. The wine was highly suggested and they let me sample a few before making a decision. My friend got the Chicken entree and she preferred her chicken entree at the Blue Bayou over The Vineyard Room. Actually, scratch that, she preferred the chicken at The Vineyard Room better BUT overall preferred Blue Bayou due to the side dishes. The Vineyard Room gave noodles, BB gave potatoes. The Yin and Yang Souffle was to "die for" at the Vineyard Room.
Before going to the BB I read reviews and people seemed to love the ribs so I ordered them. Absolutely wonderful, I can see why everyone loves them. I highly recommend that you order dessert at the BB b/c they come with this cute little pirate thing that you can keep. Also, the dessert is really good, I had the creme brulee and it was fantastic.

Another Dimension
07-25-2007, 02:31 AM
Favorite meal in DCA?

Bleu Yonder Burger at Taste Pilots Grill or the Chicken Nachos at White Water Snacks, which is very close to DCA.

:)

DizneyMommy
07-25-2007, 05:35 AM
Pacific Warf has an amazing apple chicken salad in a bread bowl. It has walnuts and cranberries and the yummiest dressing. That's our pick. Plus the wharf is usually fairly empty with lots of shady seating (of course all bets are off on wait times in the summer though)

jazzysmom
07-25-2007, 05:51 AM
Pacific Warf has an amazing apple chicken salad in a bread bowl. It has walnuts and cranberries and the yummiest dressing. That's our pick. Plus the wharf is usually fairly empty with lots of shady seating (of course all bets are off on wait times in the summer though)

Ohhh, that sounds really good. I will definitely try that too! I won't have any time for rides, I will be too busy eating...I have no problem with that!:D

danyoung
07-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Another vote for the Vineyard Room. Their main seating area is covered but still outdoors, but they also have a really nice totally-outdoor seating area. It's fun to dine as the sun is going down and the lights are coming up on the big Sun Wheel and over the Pacific Wharf area. I can't remember specifics of what I've eaten there (I've dined maybe 4 or 5 times), but I remember that it all was excellent, with terrific wine and great service.

Enjoy!