PDA

View Full Version : Can you Validate the Validity of Disneyland Tickets?

DisneyFanUtah
07-23-2007, 11:14 AM
I have the opportunity to purchase some DL two-day, two-park tickets at a greatly reduced price. The seller told me they are "brand new", never used and valid until sometime in early July, 2008. I would use them in the early spring of 2008. But, I am obviously concerned that the tickets are valid and really never have been used. We don't live near DL so it would be hard for me to take them to a DL ticket booth to verify the tickets. Does anyone know if DL will verify the validity of tickets over the phone if you call and give them the ticket ID numbers? If not, I'm wondering if a Disney Store has the capaibility to do it? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Burnt Toast
07-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Nope! You'll find out if you got scammed at the gate when you try to use them.

LostBoy02
07-23-2007, 12:37 PM
You might want to try the tickets and reservation line at 714-781-4400 to see if you can read them your serial number. However, Disney frowns on ebayd ticks so it might be a catch 22. You call to get them verified then they void them... Up to you, either way its a bit risky.

jazzysmom
07-23-2007, 12:40 PM
I know some people do this, but I wouldn't for numerous reasons, but one of them being the horrible embarrassment if I was turned away at the gate. What a terrible way to start a disney trip...

dawnid
07-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Most tickets have an expiration date on them. I'd ask the seller to scan the ticket and email you the back of the ticket. Multi-day tickets are only good for 13 days (either from 1st day of use or last - I've forgotten which). If it doesn't I'd call the 781-4400 number and just say you found the tickets in a junk drawer and couldn't remember if these were the tickets you were saving or if you had used them already.

But I'd verify something before buying.