PDA

View Full Version : Cm Portal

Grandbreaker
07-02-2002, 07:52 PM
Just wanted to know if any cm's use the portal

HTHBellcaptain
07-02-2002, 08:12 PM
I have used the Cast Portal. It's pretty cool. It's kind of like an online Eyes & Ears or Disneyland Line (CM Newspapers). I like it. I'm sure it will grow over time.

Grandbreaker
07-02-2002, 08:20 PM
I wish it showed your shifts

bluepearl
07-03-2002, 02:43 AM
I thought it was supposed to show your shifts? I probably read it wrong.

I would check it out if I had more time to go to the Team Center. There isn't a place to access the portal near my area.

DisneylandKid
07-03-2002, 06:14 AM
Explanation, please...

Kevin Yee
07-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Project Tomorrowland, as it's called, was announced at CastBlast several months ago. It's basically an intranet and Internet way for Cast Members to view some of their employment information online. Until now this wasn't possible; you had to visit TDA in person or use the phone to find out stuff.

CMs have to "sign up" for the usage of the portal at an on-site kiosk the first time, but ever after can use the Internet from home to access it.

The complaints are, as you can see, that the system isn't integrated with the scheduling programs, and you can't see your shifts. There's probably programming reasons for this (ie, if you can get access to the scheduling stuff, maybe they fear you can change/alter/create your own shifts "illegally"). I'd also bet they're looking into ways of making it happen for the future, though.

tabacco
07-03-2002, 03:05 PM
Some stuff, like looking up your points, is scheduled to be added in the next month or so, so I'm sure viewing shifts is down the line somewhere.

I think it's handy to be able to change my address, direct deposit, and w4 from home, frankly.

I'd be really happy if I could request RDO/ADOs from home :)

Mouse
07-03-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
I'd be really happy if I could request RDO/ADOs from home :)

Can't make requesting time off too easy...;)

dcaprincess
07-03-2002, 10:03 PM
IS IT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP FOR IT? CAN ANYONE GIVE ME MORE INFO BECAUSE I AM LOST. CAN I GO TO THE PARK SIDE TEAM CENTER TO SIGN UP? ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFULL, THANKS

tabacco
07-03-2002, 10:29 PM
Yes, you can do it at any of the TEAM centers, I believe.

Please check your caps lock.

PhilMP
07-04-2002, 12:58 AM
TEAM centers, and the Inn Between, as far as I know. And I know they're installing one on the first floor lobby of the scheduling building, I was walking through there to get next weeks schedule.

Kevin Yee
07-04-2002, 11:40 AM
OT, but RDO is a new term for me. I'm guessing it means Requested Day Off. Why does this term exist? We used to just say ADO when we meant a "requested" day, as in "you can just request an ADO that day."

How is RDO used?

tabacco
07-04-2002, 11:52 AM
Regular Day Off -- if you want X day to be one of your two days off that week.

ArthurBang
07-04-2002, 09:31 PM
Hey, DCAPrincess.. Where do you work at DCA? .. Do you think it's possible that we might know each other?

Our b-days are only 5 days apart BTW..

Kevin Yee
07-04-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
Regular Day Off -- if you want X day to be one of your two days off that week.

Oh, *that*. Yeah, the ADO form hasn't changed, so I know about the regular days off. Didn't know there was an acronym for it, though.

PhilMP
07-04-2002, 11:11 PM
Wait...I thought "Regular" days off were requested through the many many many preference sheets we fill out, then we hope and pray that scheduling actually gets things right and gives it to us (depending on seniority, of course).

To me, ADOs and RDOs are exactly the same. On the week ending the 13th, for example, I put in an ADO form in for the 13th off, and it came up as an RDO.

Oh well, as long as I get the day off, it's all right with me.

Phil

Kevin Yee
07-05-2002, 09:29 AM
There are two kinds of ADOs possible.

One version is that you request off July 27 as "one of your normal two days off that week." In this scenario, you check the RDO box. If granted the ADO, that week you will be scheduled for five days, with one of your two days off marked as an ADO.

The other version is that you want off July 27 as well as your normal two days off (let's say you have Th/F days off as your summer schedule and want to make it a long weekend). In that version, you check the box "in addition to regular days off" and if granted you would only be working four days that week.

Needless to say, it's harder to get that during the summer, but anything is possible and a lot depends on how over- or under-staffed your department is.

dcaprincess
07-05-2002, 07:54 PM
Hay Arthurbang, I work in hollywood. Where do you work @ ? Its possable that we know each other.

ArthurBang
07-05-2002, 07:59 PM
I actually work in DCA stores, and move around quite a bit.. Most of the time either Engin-Ears Toys, Paradise Pier Pin Cart or Scream Cam, but spend a lot of time now in the Pier..

I'd be doing this through email but it wouldn't let me send you one.. You can email me back privately at arthur@thepickle.net if you'd like to discuss this offline :)