PDA

View Full Version : Any differences between towers at Disneyland Hotel?

bfaber
07-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Are there any differences in towers at the Disneyland hotel as far as size of rooms, cleanlieness, and proximity to the parks? We are going to be in just a standard room. Just didn't know if I should request one.

kiki
07-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Are there any differences in towers at the Disneyland hotel as far as size of rooms, cleanlieness, and proximity to the parks? We are going to be in just a standard room. Just didn't know if I should request one.

The Marina Tower which is the main tower and is where you check in, it is the oldest of all the towers. I have found that the rooms are a bit small and they are the smallest rooms of all the towers. Its super close to the pool and Goofy's Kitchen. The standard rooms would give you a view of either the main entrance to the hotel or the lower 4 rooms that face the pool. The Sierra Tower is the middle tower and the closest to DTD. It is also the closest to the pool ( the entrance is in front of the pool gates), the rooms are mid sized but very comfortable. The standard rooms are on the first four to five floors on the DTD side and the first four floors pool side. DTD is directly across the street. On the DTD side you can still hear the music. But be carefull in these rooms, you are behind trees and if you leave the sliding door open, birds might fly in your room. The Bonita Tower is the last tower and is the furthest from the pool and DTD. The rooms in Bonita are the largest rooms and the standard rooms are on the back side of the tower and the first 4 floors on the pool side. But the standard pool side rooms can get a bit noisy because they are directly over and close to the waterfalls. The distance from this tower and DTD is about 3 extra min than the Sierra Tower. I don't know if you are going with children, so they might have a hard time with the extra walk. Of all the Towers I prefer the Sierra Tower based on its proxcimaty to DTD. Just remember a tower request is just a request and you are not guaranteed that tower.

Glass Slipper
07-23-2007, 10:36 AM
The only tower we have stayed in has been the Sierra, and we love it so much that I request it every time! Even though we don't spend a whole lot of time in the room, we just love having a good "view" when we are on vacation, and the DT Disney side of the Sierra (especially one of the highest floors) provides a fabulous view. We've been able to see DCA (mainly Paradise Pier area and Grizzly Peak), The PP Hotel, The GC Hotel, the monorail, DT Disney, the tops of the "mts" in DL, and very nice views of the fireworks! The rooms in the Sierra Tower are quite large and comfortable, and we find it the most convenient to get to and from the parks. Someday we may try the Bonita, though, just because I love that waterfall/koi pond area and I've heard the rooms are even nicer, but the Sierra just keeps calling us back! :p

I think you will enjoy anywhere you end up staying at the DL Hotel though. It was the first of the three hotels, and in my opinion, it's where all the magic is!

Burnt Toast
07-23-2007, 10:43 AM
There's PLENTY of posts about the towers at the DLH (a lot of them answered by me!), please do a search before starting a new thread. Lots of great information can already be found.

Cnjp
07-23-2007, 08:19 PM
The Marina Tower which is the main tower and is where you check in, it is the oldest of all the towers.

Actually, the Sierra tower is the oldest of the three towers. It opened in 1962 and was expanded in 1966. The Marina tower opened in 1970 and the Bonita tower in 1978.

petesimac
07-23-2007, 08:21 PM
:rolleyes: Geesh.