PDA

View Full Version : First time going to the Blue Bayou, have a quick question

MiaTurner
07-22-2007, 09:11 PM
For my high school graduation, my parents bought us Annual Passes with no blockout days; woohoo! So for my christmas present, we're going to the Blue Bayou for my first time ever. I'm very excited; this is often just too expensive for our tastes or we never think to reserve in time, but since I was four I've always wanted to eat there. I can't wait!

Anywho, my question is this: we have the date set, (the end of December) if we were to call in reservations this month, would we be able to request a waterside seat? Or do they pick the seats for you? Do they ask you where you prefer to be or do I have to say "Hey, I want a waterside seat" for them to put you down for that?

Anywhere in the restaraunt would be awesome, but I think having a waterside seat would just be amazing :) So are we allowed to request that?

gibson510
07-22-2007, 09:58 PM
I did the same thing recently for my graduation but didn't get a waterside seat although it was very crowded. I think if you reserve now and just ask you would have a good chance at getting one. I think it might be possible to make the reservation and when you show up tell them that you are willing to wait for a waterside seat. It cant hurt to ask...

cstephens
07-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Anywho, my question is this: we have the date set, (the end of December) if we were to call in reservations this month, would we be able to request a waterside seat?

You actually wouldn't be able to make a reservation this month for December. You can only make reservations no earlier than 60 days before the day you want to eat there. To be safe, I'd calendar 62 days before the day you want to eat there, and then just keep calling each day to see when they'll actually let you make the reservation. Disney sometimes counts their "60 days" oddly.

You also cannot request a waterside seat when you make your reservation. When you check in, you can ask for one at that time, but they may tell you there's an additional wait, sometimes as long as an hour more. It is usually easier to get a waterside seat if you're at the first seating or if you're there very late. However, on two occasions, I've gotten a waterside table without asking for it, and I'm one of those who doesn't think you have to have a waterside table to have a great meal there.

Have fun!

MiaTurner
07-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Awesome, thanks a lot for your help!! :)

WITron
07-23-2007, 07:05 AM
One thing that I learned from here on getting a waterside table is that it is more likely to get one if you make a reservation for the first seating when they open and arrive at least 15 minutes prior to check in and make you request then.

Suzie Minnie
07-23-2007, 11:35 PM
I requested a water seat, they can type in the request but they make no guarantees. It was my friend's first visit to Disneyland. We were close to the water, but not on it.
We didn't ask at check-in b/c at that point, I was so hungry that I didn't care where we sat.

Wendi
07-24-2007, 09:44 AM
If you are going for lunch, make your reservation for 11:30 (earliest seating time) and you are almost guaranteed a waterside table. I always make my reservations at that time and then arrive about 15 minutes early - works like a charm.

Rob9874
07-24-2007, 10:07 AM
If you are going for lunch, make your reservation for 11:30 (earliest seating time) and you are almost guaranteed a waterside table.

Just did that for my 9/7 visit! Can't wait! Hope I get waterside.