PDA

View Full Version : To Change or Not to Change (hotels) that is the question . . .

partyoffive
07-22-2007, 11:33 AM
So we usually stay at the Desert Inn and Suites when we go to DL. We have stayed at the BWPPI before but the rooms were a little too small for us. We are considering a change to the Park Vue Inn (right in the middle of the others) and I wondered if anyone had stayed there post refurb. and has an oppinion of this hotel. Thanks in advance for your help!

Pirate Princess
07-22-2007, 08:29 PM
HATED IT! (Though not as much as the Ramada's "surprise hairy sheets")

About a month after I got back from the Park Vue they wrote me a letter asking how my stay was.. and for once I actually responded to a survey figuring no one would read it but would be compiled as some statistic. Surprisingly the manager wrote me back and apologized and refunded one night.

The bad: Shower flooded and they expected me to do the clean up... at least they gave me some towels and I didn't have to use my own luggage to sop up the mess. Shower never got warm... was ALWAYS FREEZING, was right next door to the maid's room and they work 24/7 with laundry doors slamming and timers buzzing at all hours, single pane windows and gap under the door made the noise of those catching an early plane (outside at 3-6am) sound like they were in my room. The place needed a good scrubbing... it was pretty grubby I forget the rest of my complaints... probably for the best.

The good: Nothing... hotels the same distance are the same price. Move along.

Malcon10t
07-22-2007, 08:35 PM
So we usually stay at the Desert Inn and Suites when we go to DL. We have stayed at the BWPPI before but the rooms were a little too small for us. We are considering a change to the Park Vue Inn (right in the middle of the others) and I wondered if anyone had stayed there post refurb. and has an oppinion of this hotel. Thanks in advance for your help!The rooms I have seen have been nice. But, if the price was the same, I'd stay at the DI. Or the Carousel. We were VERY impressed this trip with teh Carousel.

Pirate Princess
07-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Another vote for the Carousel... I have stayed there 4 + times and I have strayed 3 times for a better deal at another hotel... I regretted it each time (Ramada, Park Vue, Desert Inn and Suites). Although the Desert Inn and Suites was actually quite nice (for being a motel in a 2ish star category) the staff was super rude and did ruin just a few minutes of my trip. ;)

As I am typing this I am starting to regret my plan to Priceline my next trip and hope for a nice hotel for cheap... perhaps I should heed my own advice and go back to the Carousel?

bigrockstar
07-22-2007, 11:46 PM
As I am typing this I am starting to regret my plan to Priceline my next trip and hope for a nice hotel for cheap... perhaps I should heed my own advice and go back to the Carousel?

Hey... don't knock it until you try it! If you're lucky, you'll get the Doubletree Orange! Fabulous hotel, great price (through priceline), hourly shuttle, highly acommodating staff, etc. (I could go on for hours). :)

Pirate Princess
07-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Hey... don't knock it until you try it! If you're lucky, you'll get the Doubletree Orange! Fabulous hotel, great price (through priceline), hourly shuttle, highly acommodating staff, etc. (I could go on for hours). :)

What price did you get and what time/day of the year?
I am looking OFF-season during the week (no weekend stay)... hoping to significantly reduce costs... hopefully without regret.

To keep this thread on track... my vote would be to stick to what you know and love or try the Carousel.

backsthepack
07-23-2007, 05:05 AM
We have stayed at the Park Vue several times. The rooms are rather small. Ours was clean though. I was unhappy about some "additional" charges this last time, but that won't happen again, I am aware now.

I didn't care for the Carousel myself. Our room was filthy and the staff was awful.

pisces
07-23-2007, 07:41 AM
This might be splitting hairs, but I thought the Park-Vue was a little closer than Best Western.

There's that second light you have to wait for.....although nobody ever does. I don't like walking through a red light! It's just a driveway signal, but still.

Park-Vue seemed a hair closer.

Never stayed at Park-Vue, just had to walk through that second light many times.

bigrockstar
07-23-2007, 10:00 AM
What price did you get and what time/day of the year?
I am looking OFF-season during the week (no weekend stay)... hoping to significantly reduce costs... hopefully without regret.

To keep this thread on track... my vote would be to stick to what you know and love or try the Carousel.

I really am not trying to hijack this thread, so please ignore.

I paid $55.00 per night for 7-15 through 7-20. Best hotel experience I have ever had. I was worried about Priceline, but shouldn't have been. Make sure to select "3-star upscale" only, to guarantee a hotel that is close or that offers a free shuttle.

Check out http://p070.ezboard.com/California--DisneylandOrange-County/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm160
Lists prices others have paid, and what hotels you may end up at.
Good luck! :)

Jungle Cruiser
07-23-2007, 10:08 AM
We have stayed at the Park Vue twice and enjoyed it both times. The renovated rooms are nice and the staff was very nice to work with. We usually stay at either the Desert Inn or the Park Vue and I would rate them as comparable, except the Park Vue has much better parking.

partyoffive
07-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Any idea if you can book any of the three hotels through the Disney Travel agency?