PDA

View Full Version : Christmas at DLR

DLmomof2
07-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I will be at DL the first part of Dec. This is our first trip during the holiday season. Is there anything that is a must do,see or eat ? I do not want to miss out on anything.

yohomama212
07-21-2007, 03:27 PM
We were just talking about it a week or so ago on here. Take a look back or do a forum search for "Christmas".

ETA: here it is, hand delivered to you! http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=73234&highlight=christmas

Elizabeth

KarenW2
07-21-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm sure a full description can be found in the discussion linked above, but the Candlelight Processional is one of the best things to see/do at Christmas time at Disneyland. It's usually held the first Saturday and Sunday in December and it may be a challenge to get tickets to, but it's definitely a must-see for us!!

Some years, they've done a dinner package, where you spend a minimum amount at certain restaurants and once you do that, you're given a ticket for a seat at the Processional. Otherwise, it's standing room only. I suggest doing the dinner package, since you'll want to eat anyway and this way, you're guaranteed a seat. A word of warning on this tho - once the announcement of dinner packages is made (keep watching here for that!), the reservations go really fast, so you have to act quickly!!

Hope you have a great time during your visit!

TikiTiki
07-21-2007, 10:24 PM
I will be at DL the first part of Dec. This is our first trip during the holiday season. Is there anything that is a must do,see or eat ? I do not want to miss out on anything.

We are there in the first two weeks of December every year and there is SO much to see and do! As the link above shows, you can't mistake that it's the Holidays at Disneyland! It's everywhere you look, smell, hear and taste! Yum!

We love it and HIGHLY recommend the Holiday Tour! We take it every year!

On the plus side, I went through that link myself just now and learned TONS more about that time of year at DL! I've printed it out for future reference!

disneyhound
07-22-2007, 07:38 AM
Aaahhh, Christmas and Disneyland...

kimc0486
07-22-2007, 09:58 PM
What do you all recommend doing during Christmas at Disneyland? I should be there the second weekend in December. Any shows, tours, parades, picture spots, events, special things etc... that you all recommend? I have never been at Christmas and do not want to miss anything!

Also, does anyone know DL/DCA's hours during that time frame? Thanks!!!

disneyfan4ever54
07-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Here are the park hours and entertainment schedule from this past December. We are going during Christmas for the first time this year also, and I can't wait to see the parade and fireworks as well as all the beautiful Christmas decorations! Have a great time!:)

http://www.laughingplace.com/Guide-Cal-DLR2-200612.asp

stan4d_steph
07-23-2007, 06:15 AM
What do you all recommend doing during Christmas at Disneyland? Your thread has been merged. See above for responses. Also, a search on "Christmas" will provide a lot of previous discussion.

You can check out the MousePlanet DL Park Updates (http://www.mouseplanet.com/search.php?type=c&cid=dl) from last Christmas time to get an idea of hours.

DLmomof2
07-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks everyone for your help. Oops! I am new so did not know about the previous thread.

jeffthechef
07-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Candy cane fudge, egg nog fudge;)

Haunted Mansion after dark. Small World after dark, the parade after dark:)

Also the fireworks, tree lighting, and all of the decorations throughout the resort. It really is amazing and should be experienced at least once in a lifetime. In a word, Magic.

Rapunzelthorn
07-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Your thread has been merged. See above for responses. Also, a search on "Christmas" will provide a lot of previous discussion.

You can check out the MousePlanet DL Park Updates (http://www.mouseplanet.com/search.php?type=c&cid=dl) from last Christmas time to get an idea of hours.

We are going the second week of December. Not happy to see that last year the park closed at 8 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday of that week. :crying:

I love staying late!

Wendi
07-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Go see Santa... we got there before the gates opened, and the line was still pretty long, but it was worth it. There are other activities back there, but they don't have a published schedule so you just have to ask the CMs what will be happening for the day, or just hang out and wait. You can decorate cookies and see the reindeer too.

The Christmas parade is nice if you like parades. Don't miss it's a small world holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday. Take pictures of the decorations in Toon Town - Minnie's House is super cute!

Eat fudge.

DO NOT MISS THE FIREWORKS AND SNOW!!! Best show EVER!!!

Mickeygirlforever
07-24-2007, 11:01 AM
It's always magical to go over to Small World just before sundown to watch the lights actually turn on. We enjoy seeing that. We're also usually a fast paced Disney family, but last Christmas we stopped at the Reindeer Roundup (by Santa) and sat down and frosted cookies. It was one of the most fun things we did the whole trip. We just sat, frosting and eating our cookies, and enjoying the Christmas atmosphere. We'd definetely recommend it. Have fun!

Malcon10t
07-24-2007, 11:23 AM
We are going the second week of December. Not happy to see that last year the park closed at 8 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday of that week. :crying:

I love staying late!Then you'd be really unhappy to see that the prior week, DL hard closed at 6pm on Monday and Tues. It will probably close at 9 on the weekdays (Mon-Thurs) of the second week of Dec.