PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Plaza Inn

jlanut
07-21-2007, 11:24 AM
What does everyone think about anaheim plaza inn. I know it is a cheap hotel so I'm not excepting much. I hear some good stories and and some bad one, so anyones stories would help to know what to except. thanks

Malcon10t
07-21-2007, 01:58 PM
What does everyone think about anaheim plaza inn. I know it is a cheap hotel so I'm not excepting much. I hear some good stories and and some bad one, so anyones stories would help to know what to except. thanks
We've stayed there once (2006) and it was clean and decent. I wouldn't want to stay there for a long visit, but it was ok for a 3-4 day stay. The pool was good size and very clean when we were there.

bigrockstar
07-21-2007, 04:53 PM
The best part about the hotel: The pool.

Everything else is just so-so. Rooms are mediocre in cleanliness although somewhat large for the price range. Ventilation can be very noisy. The on-site restaurant is okay. Fairly long walk to the park... I recommend riding the free shuttle from Disney's south-east parking lot to the main gate. I don't think I will ever stay there again.

I highly recommend bidding on a 3-star hotel through Priceline. I just returned today from a 5-night trip. I stayed at the Doubletree in Orange for $55.00 per night ($139 rack rate). Free hourly shuttle to Disneyland's main entrance. Incredible restaurant. Extraordinarily clean and fancy. It was my best trip ever! Good luck! :)

tlovesdis
07-23-2007, 03:37 PM
We stayed there in June for 4 nights and it was perfectly fine! It's nothing fancy, but it is a clean motel, with a very large clean pool, and friendly staff. We had 5 people in our room and never felt cramped! It is probably the largest room I have ever stayed in at the Disneyland Resort. The bathroom was great. It had 2 sinks and the toilet and shower were in a seperate room so we could all get ready in the morning. We even had a rollaway bed and still had lots of room. We also had a microwave and fridge. The pool is really big and clean, but the hot tub is tiny! You can see the fireworks great from the pool!

The walk isn't too bad, I would say about a 1/2 mile.

Eighty8Keys
07-23-2007, 08:13 PM
We stayed there in June for 4 nights and it was perfectly fine! It's nothing fancy, but it is a clean motel, with a very large clean pool, and friendly staff. We had 5 people in our room and never felt cramped! It is probably the largest room I have ever stayed in at the Disneyland Resort. The bathroom was great. It had 2 sinks and the toilet and shower were in a seperate room so we could all get ready in the morning. We even had a rollaway bed and still had lots of room. We also had a microwave and fridge. The pool is really big and clean, but the hot tub is tiny! You can see the fireworks great from the pool!

The walk isn't too bad, I would say about a 1/2 mile.

That was our experience this past June as well. We stayed for six nights. It's our second choice if HoJo's either isn't available or their rates are too high. We paid $158 per night for a family suite, which consists of two connecting rooms with two queen beds in each room. Each room had its own refrigerator and there was one microwave per suite. The kids loved the pool. The staff was very friendly. Our rooms were always cleaned and ready when we returned in the early afternoon for a rest and swim. We mostly drove to the park everyday but we did walk on a couple of occasions. The walk was manageable and didn't seem any longer than walking from Hojo's. We'll definitely stay there again.

Rapunzelthorn
07-23-2007, 08:35 PM
I have stayed there about four times. The rooms are large, staff is friendly and we had no trouble walking to the park from there. We always ask for a room with a fridge and microwave. All of the rooms have their own private patio or balcony depending on the floor. My son loved eating breakfast out there and discovering snails for the first time (since we don't have them here in AZ!). We mostly stay there because it is extremely affordable (around 55.00-65.00 a night last year-can't remember exactly). Also, the kids eat free at the hotel restaurant. I think that this year we are going to try the Candy Cane Inn though based on everyone else's recommendations.

wvnative
07-24-2007, 07:11 AM
We stayed there in October and it was fine. The room was clean and the walk wasn't too bad at all. We all three liked being able to stop and get a pizza (Ramada main gate) on our way back to our room. That $60/nt price was really nice too.

My only complaints were that the shower next door was really loud and the maid's cart was also really loud as is went across the seams in the concrete. They were also slightly rude to a lady that came down and asked them to check her in for her flight. They refused to do it and pointed her towards the PC you had to pay to use in their lobby. I don't know if the rooms had access since I left my laptop at home that trip.

DisneylandForever
07-24-2007, 07:18 AM
We stay there sometimes. It is very average. The pool is big but not always clean. Sometimes they have parties in the conference room that can run pretty late, but that shouldn't bother you unless your room is close to the pool. The rooms are decent. My cousin doesn't like staying there anymore since the last time we went the pool was nasty, but I'd stay there again. I don't have to swim. Sometimes it's the only close hotel under 100 a night, and I'd rather spend my money in Disneyland.

jlanut
07-24-2007, 09:05 AM
thanks for all the input. I was getting little worried because I couldn't find much info in on mouseplanet:)

Leap for Joy
07-25-2007, 07:43 PM
We stay there nearly every trip. It's an older property, but the grounds are beautiful and the staff is very friendly. I've never spent time in the pool but it has always looked great. There is plenty of parking. They do have wireless internet but it isn't free so I've never used it.

It's a short walk, seems a bit closer than Hojos to me. We always cross Harbor first and walk along the path that is set back from the road.