PDA

View Full Version : Hotel recommendations please

LtTony
07-02-2002, 12:06 PM
What is your assessment of Disneyland Resort hotels? This is a big trip for us (in a week), and we want to do it right. However, we do appreciate value. Can you recommend a non-Disney property within easy walking distance that provides bang for the buck?
By the way, thanks to all those who responded to my question below.

disguy
07-02-2002, 12:19 PM
http://reserve.accommodationspecials.com/cgi-bin/hotelinfo?SID=MGD&Dest=ANA&LKF=MGD&LANG=en&PROD=HOTEL&DispCurr=USD&ITRK=dbP&qKey=J1007215145947&HtlId=ANA+CARO&Smk=N

I'm going here and very excited especially about the price! you can call them and they have a rate of 69.00

let me know what you decide. I'm going there next week also.

cyberRoo
07-02-2002, 12:26 PM
We have stayed at the Fairfield Inn quite a bit. It isn't the closest hotel to the pedestrian entrance to the park, but it's close enough. We were always happy with the price, and you can request a park view room on an upper floor, which is a bonus.

www.fairfieldinn.com/laxoc

MammaSilva
07-02-2002, 12:32 PM
We've stayed at the Fairfield a lot, it's about 2 blocks from the crosswalk but has a couple bonus features, McDonalds bascially in the parking lot and a little place called Millies....think Dennys but with better food, and they have room service from both! The parking at the Fairfield is a breeze unless you get there late late at night then you might not be close to your room or an entrace, we've also stayed at the Carousel Inn, I wasn't too impressed, parking was terrible, maid service blew chunks and the pool is on the top of the hotel and the size of a postage stamp, the free breakfast was the typical stuff but you had to go to the breakfast room and eat it there, no taking stuff back to the rooms....big pain when you are trying to get kids ready to go ...last trip we stayed at the Tropicana, budget hotel but clean, the free breakfast was typical pastries, juice and coffee but one person could go pick it up and take it to the room. It also has a little convience store with highway robber prices but a nice selection of those odds and ends we tend to forget, plus cold beverages of the adult nature if you are so inclined....parking at the Tropicana was ok, the pool and spa are large and in the middle of the parking lot so pretty much equal access from any room.....have fun!

disneyscott
07-02-2002, 12:44 PM
This is a thread to an old update i did about hilton hotles in the area....I hope this is hepfull

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7159

teri
07-02-2002, 06:22 PM
I got Westcoast Anaheim when I did my first bid on Priceline (I used the tips and links from biddingfortravel.com) and I was VERY pleased with this hotel. This was the 5th Disneyland off-site hotel we have tried, and definitely the best so far. I got it on Priceline for $45. I have pictures... Westcoast Anaheim Pics (http://pixiedustinn.com/photos/Disneyland62002/WestcoastAnaheim.html)

heidiwhr
07-02-2002, 06:52 PM
In the past, I have stayed at the WestCoast Anaheim, Carosel Inn, and Fairfield Inn. Of the 3, I prefer the WestCoast, even though it is further away. The rooms and restaraunts were better in my opinion, and the shuttle service every 1/2 hours wasn't too bad. I prefer to drive over to the parking structure at DL, but it isn't bad if you don't have a car.

This last trip we booked the Grand Californian on expedia.com a couple weeks prior to staying there and got it for half price! I am not sure if they still have the same deal, but you might check into the Disney Hotels that way. We were soooooo spoiled by the GC - the convience is worth it alone! We had a 6 month old at the time, so going back to the room for his afternoon nap was incredibly easy to do! With Downtown Disney right outside the door practically we had our choice of many, many restaraunts - not just the ones inside the hotel. It was really great, and worth checking into! Have fun!

salemnana
07-02-2002, 09:51 PM
I'm a travel agent and send a lot of folks to the Disneyland area.....a good hotel with good value is the Candy Cane Inn....not a high rise.....has a great pool area......close to the parks and they have a great continental breakfast (and they don't mind if you take a few things back to your room). Fairfield Inn is another good family hotel with fairly good location and cheap food nearby.

SterlingGuy
07-09-2002, 08:15 AM
Just got back from staying two nights at DGC Hotel. The way that the Resort is now organized, you can't beat the location. From our room to DCA was about a 50 second (!) walk. The extra expense is worth it (we paid $169 per night on Expedia.com). We got our room at noon AND the nice cast member checking us in upgraded us (free) to a DCA park view. Sweet. Also, they will provide a free fridge just for asking. On the other hand, the restaurants there are far too expensive for middle-class Americans. We used the AMEX deals at the PCH Grill and the House of Blues in Downtown Disney. With the hotel so close, you can easily take a mid-afternoon break at the pool and refresh yourself for the evening.

stinkerbell
07-09-2002, 09:07 AM
Wow, salemnana and heidi--we're all so close.....I'm in Independence. Nice to see some more Oregonians here on MousePad.

Last year we stayed at Hawthorn Suites for a week, and I was not impressed--furniture falling apart, pool in the covered (smelly) parking garage, fairly high price ($129/night), busy, dirty breakfast room, inconsistent and crowded shuttle with a drop off/pick up the furthest from DL gate.

Then two months later we stayed at the Park Place Inn for five nights and it's across from the Main Gate, okay free breakfast buffet (cereals, bagels, real juice, toast, fresh fruit, etc.). It was clean, the people were really really friendly, great service, so close to the park, it was great! I would stay there again, but since on our next trip I'm using Expedia or Priceline, we prob. won't be able to.

jason
07-09-2002, 09:38 AM
we go every year and stayed off site one time . once you go "on site" you'll never go back . it's well worth the money , so close we were going back to the hotel with the kids 3 times a day , have a swim , a nap whatever . when we were off site we found we tried to stay all day because it wasn't quick to get to the hotel . it really makes the days easy wen the kids need a re-charge .

if you do stay off site don't go to the DL hotels to look around ... you'll only get depressed when the kids see the peter pan pool ,or the white sand beach pool , or the koi pond , or the waterfalls , or goofys kitch ..... crap !.... where did i put my visa and the hotel phone number i miss it allready ........

mikala
07-09-2002, 09:31 PM
If we don't stay on property at The Disneyland Resort, then we always stay at the Crowne Plaza. Great location, next to Target in case you forgot something. Joe's Crab Shack, Denny's, and Outback Steakhouse right next door.

Their ammenities are awesome including tram service to the parks, room service, internet, concierge, valet, and much more.

We have stayed in total about 30 nights in the past year. Husband can't get enough of this place.

Totally 4 star, and running around 100.00 a night.:cool:

jrsharp21
07-10-2002, 05:54 PM
We just got back from Disneyland and stayed there from July 3rd to July 8th. We stayed at the Howard Johnson. You couldnt beat the $58 dollars a night rate. The staff was very friendly. They had an arcade room that kept everyone occupied (even me). A gift shop was also there with all the necessities. A laundry room, a shuttle to the park was also available. We never used it because it was just up the street from the entrance. Also there is two resteraunts and a mcdonalds close by. The rooms were big. Two sinks, a large tv, and they all had balconys to rest on. Definately a great deal.