PDA

View Full Version : Walmart or other store?

Brown67
07-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Are there any Walmarts, Targers, or grocery stores near by?

Malcon10t
07-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Are there any Walmarts, Targers, or grocery stores near by?
There is a Target on Harbor. Take Harbor south, away from the park, and it is a couple miles (max) down the road. I believe it is at Chapman and Harbor.

charpaul
07-21-2007, 11:24 AM
There is also a WalMart near by -
Take the 5 Freeway north (L.A./Sacramento) and exit at Euclid (it is about one mile down the freeway from Disneyland.
Take your first right and then I think it is your 2nd right to go into the shopping area/mall.

There is also a supermarket a few blocks east of the park on Ball Rd.
Take Ball Rd. East - go about half a mile - I think it is in a shopping center on the corner of Anaheim and Ball Rd.

oohykitten
07-21-2007, 11:39 AM
I really like the Target there, its a Super Target and has almost anything you might need on vacation.

Malcon10t
07-21-2007, 04:21 PM
I really like the Target there, its a Super Target and has almost anything you might need on vacation.I like it cause I can't get lost getting there. I can always find my way back as long as I stay on Harbor. I get lost often enough, I have VZ Navigator on my phone....

The old man
07-21-2007, 07:16 PM
I like it cause I can't get lost getting there. I can always find my way back as long as I stay on Harbor. I get lost often enough, I have VZ Navigator on my phone....
Oh I don't think the Super Target is that big. :)

partyoffive
07-21-2007, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't go to the walmart personally. I went last year and it was disgusting! Dirty, workers NOT friendly, boxes everywhere and that was in the early evening - you couldn't even get down some aisles!

I would go to target - just my oppinion. :)

Malcon10t
07-21-2007, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't go to the walmart personally. I went last year and it was disgusting! Dirty, workers NOT friendly, boxes everywhere and that was in the early evening - you couldn't even get down some aisles!

I would go to target - just my oppinion. :)I had the same experience about 4 years ago at that WalMart. Target is closer and more convenient. (And cleaner.)

Malcon10t
07-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh I don't think the Super Target is that big. :):) Maybe not, but I can still get lost in that store, as MDM can attest to from last Christmas.... VZ Navigator couldn't get me out though. Kept telling me to get out to the road for further directions.

PanFan
07-21-2007, 09:45 PM
There's a better Wal-Mart in Tustin (I think it's a SuperCenter). You go down Katella to Tustin Ave. and turn left. It's on the right in a huge mall-like complex (with a Chipotle!).

Malcon10t
07-21-2007, 10:19 PM
There's a better Wal-Mart in Tustin (I think it's a SuperCenter). You go down Katella to Tustin Ave. and turn left. It's on the right in a huge mall-like complex (with a Chipotle!).For those of us who have no clue where Tustin Ave is, would I go east or west on Katella? Keep me on Katella or Harbor and I am ok. I can find Disneyland from there. From Disneyland, I can find my hotel!

splash
07-22-2007, 08:50 AM
When we stayed at the Fairfield Inn, the front desk had this list of stores, restaurants, etc with directions. I would talk to your hotel desk.

Darkbeer
07-22-2007, 09:59 AM
I like the corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe, about 3 miles NORTH of the resort.

It has a lot of choices, including a Target, a Food4Less Grocery Store, the Disney Character Warehouse (Outlet store), plus some good choices to eat, including In-n-Out.

You can take the City bus, route 43 goes up and down Harbor, $1.25 each way, and the bus runs usually every 15 minutes.

Malcon10t
07-22-2007, 12:26 PM
I like the corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe, about 3 miles NORTH of the resort.

It has a lot of choices, including a Target, a Food4Less Grocery Store, the Disney Character Warehouse (Outlet store), plus some good choices to eat, including In-n-Out.

You can take the City bus, route 43 goes up and down Harbor, $1.25 each way, and the bus runs usually every 15 minutes.I like this also (there is also a PetSmart for any pet related emergencies!) But, I caution those going to Food4Less. Maybe it was because it was a couple days before Christmas, but this store was filthy. Also, we could not find half the items we wanted. We ended up getting frustrated and later found the Albertsons? by Target on Harbor and Chapman. (Its about a block or so east of Target.) We have Food4Less where I am also, so I know what the store is like.

PanFan
07-23-2007, 07:22 PM
For those of us who have no clue where Tustin Ave is, would I go east or west on Katella? Keep me on Katella or Harbor and I am ok. I can find Disneyland from there. From Disneyland, I can find my hotel!

Sorry! From Disneyland, it's east on Katella, then left on Tustin and the complex is on the left.

mommy-san
07-24-2007, 06:31 AM
But, I caution those going to Food4Less.

DO NOT go in the evening. I went in and I was afraid to come back out! There were about 10 teenagers on bikes harassing each other in front of the doors and I was quite afraid I might be their next victim. No One in the store seemed too bothered by them so I tried to take my cue from them, but it was still scary. I asked and the clerk said it is quite normal for the area. I stayed in the store as long as I could but still had to pass the rough looking bunch on my way out.
Oh, I must be getting old if teenagers scare me!

DaddyB
07-24-2007, 04:06 PM
That Target is about a mile and a half straight shot down Harbor... just over the line into Garden Grove. It's a sure bet. There's a McDonald's practically across the street.

Leofoenget
07-31-2007, 10:50 AM

You can take the City bus, route 43 goes up and down Harbor, $1.25 each way, and the bus runs usually every 15 minutes.

So to get there, if you are staying on Harbor, BWPPI, you go back over the freeway and keep going until you see it?? Sounds easy, and I assume Food 4 Less is open 24 hours. (I'm not scared of F4L, we have one in San Jose and while it is a bit intimidating, I'll be fine)

Darkbeer
07-31-2007, 11:41 AM
So to get there, if you are staying on Harbor, BWPPI, you go back over the freeway and keep going until you see it?? Sounds easy, and I assume Food 4 Less is open 24 hours. (I'm not scared of F4L, we have one in San Jose and while it is a bit intimidating, I'll be fine)

Basically you will go over 2 freeways, basically make a right onto Harbor from the BWPPI paking lot, then go over Interstate 5, stay on Harbor for about 3 miles and you will see the entrance signs for the 91 freeway, once you go over the 91, Orangethorpe is about 3 lights north.

Here is a marked map.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1187865

I ended the map at the front door of the Food4Less, the Character Warehouse is in the Orangefair Marketplace. Target is in the Fullerton Metro Center. Costco is off the side street S. Pomona Ave, also In-n-Out is in that complex