PDA

View Full Version : Crush talks back!

potzbie
07-21-2007, 09:31 AM
We ought to have an ongoing TALK TO CRUSH thread. We would post the answers given by our favorite Green Sea Turtle to the questioned posed to him.

I was at DCA Friday 07/21/07 for the six o'clock show.

Crush was asked by an adult man (note: male!) if he had any "relationships."

Crush rolled his eyes, jaw dropped. (Audience laughs at Crush's nonverbal reaction.)

Crush pressed his forefin to his forehead and shook his head in a confused fashioned. Crush asked the human what he meant.

The human clarified, "Do you have any lady friends?"

Crush paused. (As the pause lengthens, more laughter.)

Crush finally replied, "You're out of luck, Dude! I'm already taken. Shelly and I have been together 65 years."
:)

PanFan
07-21-2007, 09:39 AM
My friend asked him if he had any decorations inside his shell. He responded that unlike land turtles, sea turtles couldn't go inside their shell, but he would try. Then he scrunched his face up, closed his eyes, and tried to pull his head and fins inside his shell. All of the effort resulted in nothing but a stream of bubbles coming up from his back end, to which he gave a rather embarrassed look.

junglemom
07-21-2007, 10:00 AM
It's been a while since I saw him. The one I remember most was, he picked me out of the audience and asked me how many offspring I have. I replied that I have 4. His response, "Ohhhh, so your like totally just getting started." :p

Infinitely
07-21-2007, 10:03 AM
He refused to talk to me.

It was personal.

He talked to my husband, but said he was afriad to talk to his "pirate chic".

I happened to be holding a plastic pirate sword.

He was so mean...he hurt my feelings.....:crying:

hee hee hee

KarenW2
07-21-2007, 06:10 PM
It's been quite a while since we've been there, but the last time we went to see Crush, I asked him if he ever sees Dory around. He started giving an answer about how he doesn't ever see her, but just then, she came on screen behind him!

Everyone in the audience was reacting to her being there, but he said he didn't see her. Once he did finally see her, she talked to us about speaking "whale" and gave us a demonstration.

It was pretty hilarious!

towens
07-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Someone asked him if he had seen Nemo. He asked if he was lost again because one time he had been lost for an hour and 47 minutes

Malcon10t
07-21-2007, 06:44 PM
My friend asked him if he had any decorations inside his shell. He responded that unlike land turtles, sea turtles couldn't go inside their shell, but he would try. Then he scrunched his face up, closed his eyes, and tried to pull his head and fins inside his shell. All of the effort resulted in nothing but a stream of bubbles coming up from his back end, to which he gave a rather embarrassed look.That would have been so funny to see!!!!!!! I still am waiting to see this one. I have yet to visit Crush in all our visits.

MiaTurner
07-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Once my little cousin talked me into sitting on the lily pads in the front with her. I was the only potty-trained person there and kinda stuck out. :)

Crush: Duuuude, I'm totally seein a little shiela with red hair and a tiara in the back row.
Cast Member: What's you name?
Me: *obviously very embaressed to have been spotted amongst all the little ones in the front* Chi.
Crush: You're a real think-for-yourself-er aren't you, Chi?

No more sitting on the lily pads for me :)

DianeM
07-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Go! My husband and I went for the first time our last visit, and we loved it. We somehow wandered in by accident. We were in a store in DCA that sold artwork, and we exited through a back door. We ended up in a big room showing pieces of Disney films, and we stopped and waited a while. Then we noticed a line, and got into it. We ended up watching Crush and we'll never miss it again. Watching him interact with the kids was wonderful. The show is wonderful. I couldn't recommend it more. True Disney Magic. The "pre-show" with the film clips was pretty cool, too.

That would have been so funny to see!!!!!!! I still am waiting to see this one. I have yet to visit Crush in all our visits.

PanFan
07-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Whenever he's asked to name all his children, it's pretty hilarious (because he often goes on about how he has I think 165 or so). Many of them are Crush Jr. and Shelly Jr., but there's also Bill and Ted, Michaelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, and Leonardo, a bunch of others I can't remember, and he always ends with Keanu.

TikiTiki
07-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Whenever he's asked to name all his children, it's pretty hilarious (because he often goes on about how he has I think 165 or so). Many of them are Crush Jr. and Shelly Jr., but there's also Bill and Ted, Michaelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, and Leonardo, a bunch of others I can't remember, and he always ends with Keanu.

Oh how cute!! We'd love to do this!

I've NEVER seen this! I spend some time in DCA but obviously have missed this everytime!

Please do tell... Where is Talk with Crush located exactly?

Malcon10t
07-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Oh how cute!! We'd love to do this!

I've NEVER seen this! I spend some time in DCA but obviously have missed this everytime!

Please do tell... Where is Talk with Crush located exactly?Inside the Animation room. We usually go in thru Off the Page, see the line and think "Its too long".

TikiTiki
07-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Inside the Animation room. We usually go in thru Off the Page, see the line and think "Its too long".

Thank you kindly, Malcon10t! Now I know where to look!

Hope you had a wonderful trip!!!

ochibiyo
07-22-2007, 09:44 AM
The best one was at DL, a man in the back row asked if Crush ever ate turtle soup. Crush went silent and hid behind the side reef. He then asked his helper CM to call for security! It was so funny! And if Crush ever asks if you talk turtle, tell him "yes". You'll love his answer.

Iwannabeaprincess
07-22-2007, 10:27 AM
We have visited with Crush several times now. My youngest son was "dying" to talk to Crush and apparently waved wildly trying to get his attention. Crush identified him as the little guy with the wild flipper. They had a great conversation which led to Crush coming on screen wearing a bathing suit top. He asked my son if he could tell him what this item he'd found was. After a brief pause, my son answered "it's a BRA". The audience was in an uproar as my son had no idea what he'd said. Crush responded that he was totally embarassed and that we should all "act like Dory and forget this ever happened". It's a great show, especially for those that aren't too shy to interact.
BTW, Dory usually only comes out when someone asks about her.

MiaTurner
07-22-2007, 01:42 PM
BTW, Dory usually only comes out when someone asks about her.

Oh, really? Dory's shown up all three times I've seen the show; I thought it was part of the show... Ya learn something new everyday :)

yohomama212
07-22-2007, 03:25 PM

He also lists the kids from the Brady Bunch and Saved By the Bell!

Elizabeth