PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Mickeys in DLR

AlbertaMinnie
07-21-2007, 04:28 AM
My best friend introduced our family to the Hidden Mickey craze on last years visit to DLR. We bugged cast members to the entrance of every ride to tell us where the Hidden Mickeys are in that ride. Once we got home, the craze continued and we began to notice Hidden Mickeys wherever we went - even DH which is amazing! We just recently ordered the new Hidden Mickey book for DLR for our upcoming trip - as there wasn't one available until now.

Is anyone else out there as obsessed with Hidden Mickeys as we are now? Has anyone else ordered the book? Is it good? Are the hunts fun?

backsthepack
07-21-2007, 06:02 AM
To be honest, I always forget about them once we get there. I did have fun getting all of the ones they had up for the 50th anniversary, but I just cannot seem to remember the normal ones on our trips.

yohomama212
07-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Sis' bf and I are obsessed with finding the Hidden Mickey in Small World. I'm about ready to check out the website to see what I can find, but we're determined to find them without "cheating" too!

PanFan
07-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Sis' bf and I are obsessed with finding the Hidden Mickey in Small World. I'm about ready to check out the website to see what I can find, but we're determined to find them without "cheating" too!

Is it cheating if I tell you that Hidden Mickey's didn't start officially until ATIS in 1967 and IASW opened at DL in 1966?

There are 3 unofficial ones there, though. Let me know if you want some clues ;)

yohomama212
07-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Is it cheating if I tell you that Hidden Mickey's didn't start officially until ATIS in 1967 and IASW opened at DL in 1966?

There are 3 unofficial ones there, though. Let me know if you want some clues ;)

Sweet! That is so helpful and totally not cheating! You have no idea how crazy we were going trying to find them! We've been known to ride the attraction multiple times in a day just to find it, but it seems the baby doesn't like it much (I can't even sing the song without her starting to fuss)!

Elizabeth

AlbertaMinnie
07-21-2007, 02:12 PM
How about the one in Indy??? Have you found that one?

yohomama212
07-21-2007, 03:26 PM
I haven't found it personally, but I know where to look for it if I ever remember to do that.

Elizabeth

Mickeygirlforever
07-21-2007, 03:53 PM
I was so proud of myself when I found 2 without anyone saying anything. I was just looking really hard. I found the one in Pooh and the one in Alice. Of course, the HM is kinda easy. I want a hint about the SW and Indy ones though.

yohomama212
07-21-2007, 06:49 PM
www.hiddenmickeys.org

Elizabeth

PanFan
07-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Indy

In the room with the safety video on the left side wall. There's also an Indy shadow on the right side wall. The CM there will be happy to point them out (along with the old Eeyore parking sign). I've heard that in the room with all the skeletons there's one wearing a Mickey hat and also an alien in there.

IASW

Like I said, there aren't any official ones, but the first unofficial one is the tower setup on the central dock. The captain's tower in the center is bigger than the two towers next to each station (in other words the CM that spiels to you is sitting in an ear). The second unofficial one is the nose of a clown on a balloon next to the Holland section. However, the three circles look too close in size for me to think it's a Mickey and not a club. The third is a cluster of bubbles projected onto the backdrop in the mermaid section. Unintentional, but could definitely pass for one.

Now do you know about the Hidden Donald in HM? How about the Hidden Piglet and Hidden Tinker Bell in Snow White?

AlbertaMinnie
07-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Now do you know about the Hidden Donald in HM? How about the Hidden Piglet and Hidden Tinker Bell in Snow White?[/QUOTE]

REALLY? Ok, how do we find out about them??? And here I thought I was so smart finding the Hidden Walt during the 50th....:rolleyes:

PanFan
07-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Haunted Mansion

There is a very stylized Donald on a chair to the left of the hallway with the floating candlestick. You have to look really hard to see him, but I promise he's there.

Snow White

Piglet is found in one of the jewel carts on the right hand side. There are three pink jewels that resemble the little pig. Tinker Bell is also in the jewel mine, in the wall on the left. There's one green gem that is her body, then some rays of light that form the rest of her.

Happy hunting!

Chadsgal
07-22-2007, 09:47 PM
I love Hidden Mickeys!! I need to look some up before I go. I like to try to take pictures of them.

Mrs Mouse
07-23-2007, 07:49 AM
I love Hidden Mickey's too! It took about four rides in a row one night (and the help of a CM's flashlight) to finally find the official one on the Pooh ride. This past trip we also finally found the one on Peter Pan. If you don't know where to look, you'll never find that one!

findingmickey
11-18-2007, 02:57 AM
Is anyone else out there as obsessed with Hidden Mickeys as we are now? Has anyone else ordered the book? Is it good? Are the hunts fun?

we're just a LITTLE obsessed...hehe! our website is findingmickey.com (http://findingmickey.com) just for hidden mickeys at DLR. i like to show pictures of all the HMs we find! there's also a checklist you can print out and take with you to the park! i also run a DLR flickr group flickr.com/groups/findingmickey (http://www.flickr.com/groups/findingmickey/) where you can submit your own hidden mickey pictures! i have more pictures to post, but i'm very behind because of our new little addition! but keep checking back...i hope to work on it this week!

ro :D

PS...yes, i have steve's book for DLR hidden mickeys! he was so kind to mention us on his acknowledgements page!

aznewsboy
11-18-2007, 07:07 PM
There's more than one on the Pooh ride. We got one easy but the one that needs to be pointed out with a flashlight we had to ride 2-3 times to find it.

Mrs Mouse
11-18-2007, 08:03 PM
There's more than one on the Pooh ride. We got one easy but the one that needs to be pointed out with a flashlight we had to ride 2-3 times to find it.
We had some trouble with that one too!

Luckily we were riding quite late in the evening when there was no line, so the CM was kind enough to not only lend us his flashlight for the ride, but also to let us ride 4 or 5 times in a row without having to reboard! We were quite proud when we finally found that HM, let me tell you!

findingmickey
11-19-2007, 08:19 PM
i just want to put this out there because it's bothering me...

i was looking at steve barrett's website the other day. i have submitted to his website many times. but i noticed some new pictures that have been submitted by someone...and atleast 4 of them are MY pictures! i guess they got them from my website? they've cropped out my website name (i mark my photos), but i can still tell they are mine...angles, proportions, shadows, wrinkles on my disneyland hotel bedspread are still the same! i've emailed steve 2 times since sunday and no reply yet. i know he's busy...i'm just anxious to get this corrected. i think this person is also taking other people's photos...i've seen some of them on flickr!

anyways, thanks for hearing me out. i just feel bad someone would take my and possibly other people's photos and claim credit for them.

:(

aznewsboy
11-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know if there's more than 3 on the Monsters Inc. ride? A couple of those were hard to find because they are moving.