PDA

View Full Version : Using WDW tickets at Disneyland - Upgrading to AP?

Carter's Mommy
07-20-2007, 10:10 AM
If we have an unused portion of our Disney world tickets can we use it at DL to go towards an AP? I know some people have used their WDW tickets at DL but I didn't know if this scenario is allowed? Thanks

DrAlice
07-21-2007, 11:27 AM
I would also like to know the answer to this. :)

I'm going to WDW in March and if I can turn that ticket into an AP at Disneyland (which I intend to get next year anyway), this would be AWESOME!!

-A

scotman283
07-22-2007, 12:38 PM
You can use any unexpired WDW ticket for admission to Disneyland, according to mousesavers.com. They do it on a day by day basis for the WDW ticket so it can't be converted to a multiday hopper or upgraded to a AP. Would be nice if it could.

bassett1976
07-22-2007, 12:53 PM
I had a friend do this last summer. Make sure you call DLR and find out the proper procedure. Also, make sure you get the name of the person you talked to. My friend ended up being told "yes" on the phone, drove down to DLR and was told "No" at the resort. It took him over an hour to get things sorted out.

GinnyM
07-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Very interesting!!! I had no idea you could do that. If you have a WDW AP can you use it and Disneyland or the other way around? TO me it should work the same way. I was told several years ago they are not interchangable, has that change?

scotman283
07-22-2007, 03:46 PM
No. A WDW AP will not work at Disneyland, nor will a Disneyland AP work at WDW. Also an unexpired Disneyland ticket will not work at WDW.

rentayenta
07-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Okay, I am trying to understand this:

If we have a non-expiring day(s) left on our tickets to WDW, can we use that day(s) for entrance into Disneyland. And better yet can we use that unused day(s) towards an AP for Disneyland?

If either of the above are true then that puts a whole new spin on upgrading our tickets.

TIA for anyone who knows this! :)

scotman283
07-23-2007, 03:37 PM
You Cannot upgrade WDW tickets to a AP at Disneyland. You can however use your WDW non expired tickets for a day's admission to Disneyland and/or DCA. If your WDW ticket was a hooper they will exchanged for a DL/DCA hooper. If it's a WDW single park ticket then you get to chose your park, either DL or DCA. You can do this ONE day at a time till your WDW ticket is used up. It has zero upgrade value to either AP's or multiday DL/DCA hoppers.

rentayenta
07-24-2007, 05:45 AM
You Cannot upgrade WDW tickets to a AP at Disneyland. You can however use your WDW non expired tickets for a day's admission to Disneyland and/or DCA. If your WDW ticket was a hooper they will exchanged for a DL/DCA hooper. If it's a WDW single park ticket then you get to chose your park, either DL or DCA. You can do this ONE day at a time till your WDW ticket is used up. It has zero upgrade value to either AP's or multiday DL/DCA hoppers.

Thank you! :)

SuzanneSLO
07-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Our WDW tickets are coded onto our room keys (the Keys to the Kingdom cards) from the WDW hotel. Will this effect our ability to use them at DL?

-- Suzanne

scotman283
07-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Ask at the desk of your hotel. I would think that if you had unexpired leftover days on your room key at check out, they would issue you a hard ticket for those days.

Drince88
07-28-2007, 04:04 AM
Ask at the desk of your hotel. I would think that if you had unexpired leftover days on your room key at check out, they would issue you a hard ticket for those days.

I was recently told that people should do this if they have leftover days on their tickets, no matter what they plan on doing with them, if they have the non-expiring option. Disney purges information from their computer system about your hotel stay after a period of time, and if that's the only place they have the information about your ticket (i.e., it was just associated with your package) - then you might run into troubles when you go to use the unexpired tickets, either at WDW or DL.

SuzanneSLO
07-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Unfortunately, we didn't do this when we were at WDW and its a little far to go just to change the media for the tickets. Maybe I'll try e-mailing DL and see what they suggest.

-- Suzanne