PDA

View Full Version : Magical Day at DCA!

yohomama212
07-19-2007, 11:17 PM
I just wanted to share a couple moments with everyone that lit up my kids' faces and warmed my heart today!

We went to DCA this afternoon pretty much because we were near there and didn't want to go home. Sis was working and I hadn't had the chance to big her yet!

The kids desprately wanted to see Turtle Talk AGAIN, so we headed over to the Animation Building and caught a show just two minutes after walking in. Afterwards, they wanted to watch the videos and listen to the music in the lobby there. I turned away from the kids for a moment to grab my phone off the stroller and when I turned back around, there was someone talking to my 2yo daughter... it was Sleeping Beauty!! I couldn't believe how cool it was! Sleeping Beauty was down on DD's level talking to her, then danced with her, then taught my son how to bow like a prince, then taught DS how to wake a princess with a kiss (on the hand)!!! Oh my word! When they were done, there was a whole line of people patiently waiting their turn!

We grabbed drinks at Smozzies, did a bit of shopping, then grabbed spots for the Block Party Bash. I never really had an interest in seeing it until we caught a glimpse of it Tuesday with the dancing Green Army Men and all the excitement! So we watched the parade and the kids weren't into it so much. I was loving it though... so amusing! The dancers were sharp and so full of energy and suddenly they were grabbing some of the kids to dance with them in the parade! One of them asked me if DS could dance, I said sure, if he wanted to, and next thing I knew... DS was standing next to Flick dancng to "Staying Alive"! Wahoooo!! He got back to me, they did more singing and dancing, and then tossed out the balls at the end of the "show". DS wanted one and the dancer that pulled him out, came up and handed him one! I was so shocked! It really made out day!

Sorry this was so long, I just wanted to share this with everyone!

Elizabeth

P.S.- Malcon10t, were you at DCA today? We were headed to Guest Relations after the parade to leave compliments and I spotted a white (yellow) lab in a yellow cape with a MousePlanet button on it! There were about 5 or 6 people in the group and the dog! You all looked so happy and relaxed. If I weren't juggling 3 kids, a cell phone that wouldn't quit, and an intense fear of looking stupid if it wasn't you, I may have waved!

Suzie Minnie
07-19-2007, 11:36 PM
I like that story. Thanks for sharing. How magical indeed!

Malcon10t
07-19-2007, 11:46 PM
P.S.- Malcon10t, were you at DCA today? We were headed to Guest Relations after the parade to leave compliments and I spotted a white (yellow) lab in a yellow cape with a MousePlanet button on it! There were about 5 or 6 people in the group and the dog! You all looked so happy and relaxed. If I weren't juggling 3 kids, a cell phone that wouldn't quit, and an intense fear of looking stupid if it wasn't you, I may have waved!That was us! We spent the late afternoon/evening in DCA! We've had a great week down here. Tomorrow is our last day and we head home. It was me, MickeyDogMom, my brother and SIL, and their 4yo son. My son, his GF, and my younger daughter were in DL. And we found out about the Jumping Jellyfish sign! My nephew, who was a 1/2 inch short of riding 40" rides all week, could make the outside Jellyfish height requirement, but inside he was a hair short (they let him ride though!)

yellowrosedtxn
07-20-2007, 04:57 AM
I loved your story! Thanks for sharing it. I'm happy you all had such a magical day!

One of these days I will be able to just pop into Disneyland, just because!

Edited to add: Malcon10 - Where exactly did you get the MousePlanet button? I am looking at the mouseshoppe.com shop, but I don't know where to look for it. THANKS!

Malcon10t
07-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Malcon10 - Where exactly did you get the MousePlanet button? I am looking at the mouseshoppe.com shop, but I don't know where to look for it. THANKS!I met up at the MousePlanet meet on 7/17 and they gave all 3 of us pins. Pup has been wearing hers ever since.

TikiTiki
07-20-2007, 07:31 AM
I loved your story! Thanks for sharing it. I'm happy you all had such a magical day!

One of these days I will be able to just pop into Disneyland, just because!

Edited to add: Malcon10 - Where exactly did you get the MousePlanet button? I am looking at the mouseshoppe.com shop, but I don't know where to look for it. THANKS!

They have them over at CafePress!!

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/mouseplanet/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_15711774/opt_/fpt_