PDA

View Full Version : Great find - souvenir - Disneyland Resort Then, Now & Forever

Suzie Minnie
07-19-2007, 08:17 PM
I bought a book at a store on Main Street. If you are walking from the park toward the exit it will be on your right hand side, after the ice cream place.

We looked at it during our plane ride home and at the airport. My friend wanted one and we looked on Amazon.com. It is $99 on Amazon!!

I just bought it on July 16th and they had plenty. Plus, it is 50% off so that made it around $12 - $13!!

I thought I would share this find with everyone!

Disneyland Then, Now, and Forever (Hardcover)
by Bruce Gordon (Author), Tim O'Day (Author)

I took this description off of Amazon.com:

Book Description
Disneyland: Then, Now, and Forever is an unbelievable visual celebration of one of the greatest entertainment achievements of the twentieth century. Rewind your Mickey Mouse watch back to the 1950s and travel with us through the decades as the wondrous story of Disneyland unfolds via fascinating, behind-the-pixie dust stories and incredible imagery. Like a visit to the park itself, it's a trip you'll never forget, ensuring that the spirit of Disneyland will remain--then, now, and forever. Filled with color photos of how the park looked at its opening and through the changes of the years up to the present day in 2005.

PinkFloyd
07-20-2007, 08:10 AM
This book has been in my Amazon cart for some time and I am heading to the park in a few weeks. What store is this? I can't think of a store after the ice cream parlor.

Thanks for sharing!

SANDYMARIE
07-20-2007, 08:23 AM
You can also find it at Disney Outlet Stores for around $6.00.
I love this book!!

http://www.ams-liquidation.com/stores.htm

TTFN

SANDYMARIE
07-20-2007, 08:26 AM
This book has been in my Amazon cart for some time and I am heading to the park in a few weeks. What store is this? I can't think of a store after the ice cream parlor.

Thanks for sharing!

Looks like you have a outlet store close by! Lucky you!!!

TTFN

The Evil Queen
07-20-2007, 08:34 AM
I bought this book when we went for the 50th celebration. Got it on the last day of our stay so I could read it on the plane ride home.

Every time we get homesick for Disneyland, we pull this out. Helps to tide us over 'til the next time!

Enjoy your new treasure!

Suzie Minnie
07-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Pink, I looked at my receipt for you. The store is called Main Street Emporium. The book is located at one of the cash register stands. Enjoy!

Suzie Minnie
07-20-2007, 10:00 AM
SandyMarie,

Thanks for the link! There is one near me that I didn't know about!

Susan

Bytebear
07-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Yep, great book. Sitting on my nightstand right now, in fact.

ladodgerjon
07-20-2007, 11:41 AM
The book can also be found in the "Disneyana" store as well as the music store (about two doors down).

Suzie Minnie
07-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Does anyone have this DVD: All of Disneyland on DVD?

http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Product-1670.asp

If so, is it worth it? Good quality?

PinkFloyd
07-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Looks like you have a outlet store close by! Lucky you!!!

TTFN

Yep, it's less than 2 miles away! But, I've been avoiding it because I can't control myself. But now I HAVE to go! Thanks!

Mickeygirlforever
07-21-2007, 03:57 PM
I LOVE that book. It's a great buy. It has the magic and memories of DL in it that the other "souvenir" books don't. I think you'll enjoy it!

bigrockstar
07-21-2007, 04:57 PM
The book can also be found in the Animation Building store in DCA (I forgot the name...).