PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Rates, weekday/weekend question

BJW
07-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Hi all! I haven't posted on here for quite some time, I've been busy with quite a few projects but I'd like to start posting again.

Anyway, I've been trying to book a hotel for next week and I noticed that the rates are higher for weekdays than they are for weekends. Is this because DLR will be less crowded on the weekend? Could the blockout dates have something to do with this? Thanks in advance, any help you guys could give me would be appreciated.

BJW
07-19-2007, 10:43 PM
C'mon no answers? I know I treated some of you bad when I was on here before, but I'm sorry.:crying: Please, I really need to know, I'm planning a trip next week.;)

Pirate Princess
07-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Ideas: Check Anaheim Convention Center website... possibly a huge gathering? Try Priceline to book a cheap hotel...
Sorry I don't have the "real" answer... just a couple of suggestions.

BJW
07-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Ideas: Check Anaheim Convention Center website... possibly a huge gathering? Try Priceline to book a cheap hotel...
Sorry I don't have the "real" answer... just a couple of suggestions.

Ya, I forgot the convention center being there, that could be the reason. Anyone know more about the weekend vs weekday crowds?

dsny1mom
07-20-2007, 03:11 PM
I think that the weekends being cheaper than the week days is a bit odd. At DLR hotels it is just the opposite.

My best guess would be if their week days are just about sold out but their weekends still have lots of vacancies then perhaps that is what is driving the current pricing structure.

dsny1mom

BJW
07-31-2007, 05:12 PM
I was at the parks Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this week and my perception was that Sunday was the least crowded of the three days, with Friday and Saturday seeming about the same. I stayed at the Days Inn next door to the parking garage and there seemed to be quite a few empty parking spaces at the end of each night, whereas they had no vacancy before Friday. So, it makes you wonder. I'm going back for haunt so I'm gonna check out the prices, but it seems like during haunt time the weekday prices are always cheaper at off-property hotels.