PDA

View Full Version : Is Wednesday the day for large groups like day camps?

Rkkm
07-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Spent my second day in a row in DL today, Wednesday, and was surprised by the numbers of groups dressed in same-color t-shirts. (Many groups, many different colors of shirts. Not lots of groups wearing the same color t-shirt. Hope I am not confusing the reader at this point!)

There were many numbers of groups in these shirts, advertising private programs, YMCAs, school districts and the like. Since they were kids of all ages, I assumed that they were day camps or summer playground programs. Did not see them yesterday and had not noticed them on non-Wednesday weekday trips previously this summer.

Was this just a random confluence or do these groups schedule their trips for Wednesdays?

PS- at 10 a.m. today, they were double-tram loading at the parking structure pickup point. I had not seen this too frequently, so I asked a CM about it. He said that, so far, the summer crowds had been fairly light, and, therefore, they (meaning the CMs, I guess) were all amazed by the large crowds arriving this morning.

gobears97
07-18-2007, 08:08 PM
My stepson is going to Disneyland with his camp on a Friday. My memory of being in camp is that we would go to the major field trip on Wednesday or Thursday. Of course that was 20 years ago so I am not sure how accurate that is.

:)

VickiC
07-18-2007, 09:10 PM
I think most week long camps do their field trips on Wednesday or later in the week. This means the counselors have had the kids for a couple of days at least and the counselors know the kids and which ones to keep an especial eye on.