PDA

View Full Version : Silly Concierge questions

miss bianca
07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Okay, so I've never stayed Concierge before, and now it looks like we will be staying at the Grand in Oct and the DLH in Dec both times w/ Concierge.

So here goes my silly questions:

1) What is needed to prove you can use the lounge? Just your key or do you need to sign in? Or show ID?

2) Can you take breakfast and coffee and bring it back to your room or do you have to eat it there?

3) Is it kosher to load up 2 or 3 waters and take them to the park?

4) We have 2 adult friends that are staying at GCH - not w/ Concierge though. Could they join us one night for wine and cheese or is that a no-no?

Thanks for not laughing!!

WDW heart
07-18-2007, 05:07 PM
1) All you need is your key.

2) Yes, you can take them back to your room.

3) Yes, that is expected

4) Not 100% sure, but I think that's a no-no.

evrythngwmn
07-19-2007, 07:11 AM
#4 I don't know if it is "allowed" but I had some friends who stayed concierge at the GCH and we accompanied them to the lounge one evening. No one questioned us. We were a group of seven.

Infinitely
07-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Although I am not sure if there is a policy for number 4, there are a couple of different way I see it.

If you simply look at it as something you pay for to get the extra space and food, then it might be seen as unfair to other guest who pay for it.

Then again, I tend not to think of it that way when I stay. It is less about “buying more”, and more about choosing a different type of stay. I like the relaxed feel of it, and part of a relaxing vacation is spending time with friends, and making friends on your vacation, and in that sense wouldn’t inviting them into the lounge with you be the equivalent of inviting them up for a night cap (ha ha I couldn’t think of another term). You wouldn’t think twice about inviting friends in for a good night drink. In fact there are some communities that have lounges and pools, and as long as you are WITH your guest they have no problem with them joining you.

That said, it wouldn’t bother me (as a concierge guest) if another guest brought a friend in for a drink, or milk and cookies, it is just being hospitable (YES…that is the word I was trying to remember).

Now inviting them in to fill up on breakfast pastries, or taking dozens of them out to your friends, that is just not good etiquette, but stopping by for a drink, or say offering to take your friends child up to the lounge to relax to let your friend have some “grown up” time, is not only appropriate but hospitable, in my opinion.

All of that blabbing said, I am not sure of thier policy.

bloodnswash
07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
I don't know the official word on #4. However, when we were there in October 2003 at the Grand with concierge, there was a sign on the door that said something like "Concierge guests only."

pisces
07-19-2007, 01:44 PM
#4. If the guests are staying at GCH, they can inquire about taking a tour of the lounge. I did this, but one time only---to see if I might like to purchase Concierge.

And, you can partake of the amenities, for that one-time tour....if they are still allowing guests to do that. Believe me, I made the most of my one time!