PDA

View Full Version : Question about on-site hotels [room capacity]

mommyof4
07-18-2007, 03:13 PM
I was wondering if the on site hotels consider a family of 6 which includes a baby , 5 people?? i was wondering as i was looking at getawaytoday and there was a pretty good deal for the disneland hotel but is says that it is for 5 also what does these rooms consist of for beds??
Thanks

jeffthechef
07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
I have stayed at PP many times and I believe that cribs are available. So with two queen beds, the pull out sofa and the crib, you can be accomodated.

mommyof4
07-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Thank you , does anybody else know about the other 2 on site? 5 is the max for a regular room right?? do you have to pay extra for the crib and also does anybody know if it is a actual crib or playpen?
Thanks again

rmarino74
07-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Thank you , does anybody else know about the other 2 on site? 5 is the max for a regular room right?? do you have to pay extra for the crib and also does anybody know if it is a actual crib or playpen?
Thanks again

It is a fold out pack-n-play, or playpen. It comes standard in all rooms and can be found in the closet with no upcharge.

If you get a room with 2 queen beds, I am sure that you can request that they send up a fold-out bed. Not sure if there is a charge for that though.

adriennek
07-18-2007, 06:19 PM
If you get a room with 2 queen beds, I am sure that you can request that they send up a fold-out bed. Not sure if there is a charge for that though.

I would contact the hotel directly. I could easily imagine the fire marshall not allowing two queens, a rollaway and a crib - the rooms aren't all that big.

Adrienne

Alisonsmom
07-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks again

When I stayed at GCH and DLH they both had pack n plays that were in the closet. I didn't have to request them.

micmoushous
07-18-2007, 06:28 PM
When we stayed at GC we ordered a cot and were charged $15.00 extra for it. It was not a cot it was a mummy-type sleeping bag to be used on the floor. Luckily we brought our own portable cot and placed the sleeping bag on it so our child was not on the floor...kind of creeps me out sleeping on a hotel floor no matter what hotel. The DLH has a bunk room which may better accomodate a large group and would leave more room for a cot.

Alisonsmom
07-18-2007, 07:06 PM
When we stayed at GC we ordered a cot and were charged $15.00 extra for it. It was not a cot it was a mummy-type sleeping bag to be used on the floor. Luckily we brought our own portable cot and placed the sleeping bag on it so our child was not on the floor...kind of creeps me out sleeping on a hotel floor no matter what hotel. The DLH has a bunk room which may better accomodate a large group and would leave more room for a cot.

At the GCH I stayed in the bunk room with three adults and two children and an infant in the pack n play. It was SUPER crowded! The bunk has a trundle type bed that is under it so it had lots of sleeping room (for 6) just no walking around room!

mommyof4
07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Thank you everyone. Of course i would tell them about 6 but i know that a lot of places don't consider the baby as a person as you don't pay for them , so i was just wondering what there rules are . Does anyone know how much the one with bunk beds are as that would be great and enough sleeping spaces ?
Thanks

bloodnswash
07-19-2007, 08:56 AM
We once used a roll-a-way bed at the Disneyland Hotel. It cost us an extra $15 per night.

rmarino74
07-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Thank you everyone. Of course i would tell them about 6 but i know that a lot of places don't consider the baby as a person as you don't pay for them , so i was just wondering what there rules are . Does anyone know how much the one with bunk beds are as that would be great and enough sleeping spaces ?
Thanks

The bunk bed rooms are the same price as the 2 queen or king rooms, although I am not sure that they have bunk rooms at the DLH or PP for that matter. I have only seen them at the GCH.

As for my opinion on having that many people in one room, I would most definitely agree with the previous poster that I would not cram that many people in one room. It is guaranteed to be cramped! We had this discussion on a previous thread.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=73547&highlight=room+fire+code

Personally, I think it would be a much more enjoyable vacation and you would be more comfortable with either a suite, two rooms, or if money is an issue, then a suite at one of the "off property" hotels across the street (they are really close to the magic as well).

adriennek
07-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Personally, I think it would be a much more enjoyable vacation and you would be more comfortable with either a suite, two rooms, or if money is an issue, then a suite at one of the "off property" hotels across the street (they are really close to the magic as well).

One of the really great things about vacationing in Anaheim is that there are plenty of affordable suite hotels in the resort area. Many are walking distance. We prefer to stay in a suite when we can, but there just aren't a lot available generally speaking - the Anaheim area is a great place for families to travel for just this reason.

Adrienne

jeffthechef
07-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I agree. There are better choices for a larger group than the resort hotels... Try HoJo's, Camelot, or Marriott Residence Inn:) The resort rooms are really small.

mommyof4
07-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Thank you everyone. i am just checking everywhere and the reason for this thread was i was checking on getaway and the only rooms i could bring up , for the on site ones , where just max 5 people, standard rooms, so i was just checking. We usually just stay in a standard room when it was just the 5 of us and it was very roomy , although this was in alberta so i can't compare . I am actually going to call the hotels i am interested in to 1- find out the prices and everything like that as the prices are not out for march 2008 and also what rooms are available then .
Thanks again evryone for all your insight

mommyof4
07-19-2007, 03:10 PM
I agree. There are better choices for a larger group than the resort hotels... Try HoJo's, Camelot, or Marriott Residence Inn:) The resort rooms are really small.

I have checked out hojos and heard a lot of great things but the rooms are for 4 , but i could be wrong and i don't like the idea of getting two rooms as the kids are still young but hey if the price was right lol

mommyof4
07-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Can anyone tell me if the resort hotels and the off site ones have toll free numbers as every number i find isn't ??