PDA

View Full Version : Fun countdowns to Disneyland?

minniemom
07-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Has anyone ever done a fun countdown to your Disneyland trip? Not as if we aren't excited enough, but I was thinking a countdown would be a little added extra. Any ideas?

Bytebear
07-17-2007, 07:22 PM
How about getting a Disney calendar and a bunch of Disney stickers, and every day, you add a sticker or two, until the day of. That day can be reserved for the kid's favorite character.

Better yet, do a booklet of 3x5 cards and have each page reserved for a special character or set of characters, and then go to the park and see how many autographs you can get. You could also bring the calendar above as your autograph book.

Chadsgal
07-17-2007, 08:28 PM
We not only have a calendar and a note pad that we tear off one page a day, last year we made one of thoes chains w/ construction paper & took a link off everyday. We decorated each strip before we made the VERY LONG chain. We started w/ like 90 days. LOL!!

Jenlan2001
07-17-2007, 08:48 PM
We make chains in yellow, red, and black about 2 months before we go. We also watch all the old Disneyland travel videos, the Sing-a-long video from Disneyland, Christmas at Disneyland, and we play Disney's SceneIt alot.

Disneynerd
07-18-2007, 04:48 PM
We do the paper chain too! But inside I write something to get excited about like...

The Haunted Mansion Smell
The Shooting Gallery noises
CHURROS!
Tomato juice on the plane
Permanser sentados por favor (or whatever)

minniemom
07-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Great Ideas!!! I should make a paper chain with the words inside &then we should do an activity to go with it.

Jenlan2001
07-19-2007, 06:52 AM
Love the idea of writing words/phrases on the inside of the chain! Thanks Disneynerd.

Disneynerd
07-19-2007, 07:13 AM
Love the idea of writing words/phrases on the inside of the chain! Thanks Disneynerd.
....at your service...

:)

rentayenta
07-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Here is a pic of mine. I used the Disney paint samples from the Home Depot and taped them to a piece of laminated wood.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/jenmikesheets/P6010002.jpg

That's my oldest DD who just finished eating a sucker.

kassandrasmom
07-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Here is a pic of mine. I used the Disney paint samples from the Home Depot and taped them to a piece of laminated wood.

Hey Jenny I just noticed that your stickers weren't strait up and down. Did you put them on randomly or do they spiral out from the middle!
Your oldest is a cutie!!

rentayenta
07-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey Jenny I just noticed that your stickers weren't strait up and down. Did you put them on randomly or do they spiral out from the middle!
Your oldest is a cutie!!

I did it in a spiral with the last day in the dead center.

Thanks on the compliment on Gab. :)

minniemom
07-19-2007, 02:52 PM

I love the Home Depot paint swatch idea.

wvnative
07-20-2007, 10:29 AM

Me too! AND... it's reusable.

The kid is gonna hate me...lol

For our October trip, we made a paper chain and watched all of our Disney movies. For our last trip, it was the countdown on our Mickey Mouse calendar in the kitchen. I can see a trip to Home Depot in my near future though. :D

rentayenta
07-21-2007, 02:16 PM

The best part is that they are free!

seanutbutter
07-21-2007, 04:40 PM
We have a chalkboard in our kitchen and when we're counting down to our Disneyland vacation, we write "__ days until Disneyland!" on it, along with a drawing of Mickey Mouse. Sort of bland in comparison to the other countdowns here, but it works.