PDA

View Full Version : Any 52nd B-Day Freebie Hand-Outs?

ladodgerjon
07-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Wondering if CM's at the main gate handed-out any freebies today commemorating DL's 52nd birthday (such as a button, etc)?

Rkkm
07-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Zip! Zilch! Nada!

CMs, however, all got special pin-back pins declaring today as the 52nd. Some friends stopped by City Hall, got the usual Birthday Buttons,wrote "52" on them, then wore them all over the park. They reported that folks kept wishing them "Happy Birthday!" and exclaiming how unsual it must be for four people who know each other to have the same birth date!

I did not make it to the Hub for the 1 p.m. Mousepad Meetup - I was stuffing my face in BB.

Crowds were not particularly large today -- less than 10 minute wait at Haunted Mansion around 3 p.m.; 20 minute wait at Peter Pan at 10 a.m.; parked on the second deck (Daisy) close to the escalator at 8:45 a.m.; 15 minute wait for POTC at noon; at 12:30, BB was taking walk-ins; only 15 people on our parking lot return tram at 6 p.m. And so on.

There was a smallish birthday sign on a portable stand at the flagpole, stating that ceremonies woud begin at 4:45 p.m. We saw it at 5:05 and there was nothing birthday-realted going on then - just the Dapper Dans dancing and singing by the fire station.

Another Dimension
07-17-2007, 09:03 PM
The 52nd re-dedication in Town Square at 4:45pm was just like the 51st re-dedication, except it was much shorter, Imagineer Marty Sklar didn't speak... and a few more Disney characters were involved in the procession than last year.

It was fun... :cool:

olegc
07-18-2007, 07:26 AM
they usually don't give anything away or do anything special (other than re-dedicate) for regular years. Only on the 5 year marks do you tend to see some additional promotion.

I thought the park was crowded yesterday for a weekday. Splash was 90 minute wait but at 2pm fastpasses were set for 9:50pm. the typical choke points (indy passage, Adventureland entrance, etc) were tight. Wait for GRR at DCA was listed as 35 minutes but is ended up being 60. tower, though, was listed as 15 at 5pm but was more like 25.

So - light is relative but still busy. My guess is that many locals did not come so the parking lots were not too full. I parked at Fairfield inn (where friends are staying) and the pool was full - so folks are spending time away from the parks.

I left at 6 - so I can't say what the night crowds were like.

Unfortunately I missed the 1pm meet. by 145 everyone was gone :crying:

Tinkermommy
07-18-2007, 10:04 AM
While there were no official giveaways (I didn't even see any mention of the birthday or the rededication ceremony on the show schedule, which was for July 13 through 19), we did encounter some very generous CMs!

We were playing VMK in Innoventions when a CM came to talk to us. He gave my daughter and I each a packet of VMK cards. After we chatted for a little while, he gave each of us an honorary citizen button. We were so excited! (Yesterday was also VMK's second birthday.)

Later, also in Innoventions, a CM gave my daughter a set of the one-for-you-one-to-give-away Tinker Bell pins.

We knew we'd arrived too late to have any hope of winning a dream (4:45 p.m.), so we were surprised that we ended up receiving so much!

I know a lot of people don't care for Innoventions, but I gotta say the Innoventions CMs totally made our day. Not just because they gave us stuff; we had some wonderful conversations with CMs, some of whom are starting to remember us, LOL! They gave us some tips, we gave them some -- we ended up spending most of our time there, and loving it! It turned out to be a very nice place to spend Disneyland's birthday!

Mr.Abominable
07-18-2007, 10:08 AM
We were playing VMK in Innoventions when a CM came to talk to us. He gave my daughter and I each a packet of VMK cards. After we chatted for a little while, he gave each of us an honorary citizen button. We were so excited! (Yesterday was also VMK's second birthday.)

!

Just curious, what VMK cards did they give you? Was it some of the old quest cards?

purplebubblez
07-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Was their any special trading pins available for the birthday?

Tinkermommy
07-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Just curious, what VMK cards did they give you? Was it some of the old quest cards?

We each received the animation viewer from the animation quest, invisibility magic, retro Mickey t-shirts and retro penny presses.

Mr.Abominable
07-18-2007, 12:35 PM
We each received the animation viewer from the animation quest, invisibility magic, retro Mickey t-shirts and retro penny presses.

That is awesome, let me know if that happens to you again, I wonder if that is a regular occurence? :)

olegc
07-18-2007, 12:37 PM

only the one for sale that said "52nd anniversary". see either disneypins.com or dizpins.com for a description.

Another Dimension
07-18-2007, 02:54 PM
The CM's 52nd buttons were nice...

Many Guests asked for Birthday buttons and had the CM's write "Disneyland" on them, which is strange to then be wished Happy Birthday all day, wearing a button that says "Disneyland" on it...
CM Kate from Guest Relations in City Hall was very sweet and exitedly talkative when I got mine! :cool:

The in-park vibe on the Birthday makes for an even more magical day than any other...
It just feels different, more special.

A most wonderful day specifically celebrating, honoring and reflecting on a most wonderful place.

Applause and cheers to all the Disneyland Resort CMs.
In every department!
All part of the magic, all little necessary pieces of the Happiest Place on Earth.

:D :D :D

Malcon10t
07-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately I missed the 1pm meet. by 145 everyone was gone :crying:We got there about 1:40 and everyone was starting to clear out. We only stayed a few minutes also, and the pup needed a nap. Dogs like sleeping 16-20 hours a day, and she isn't getting enough beauty sleep this trip. We have like a gazillion pics of her at Disneyland (her first trip) and we will be able to flip thru the scrapbook and remember, "Here's pup sleeping on Jungle Cruise, and Here's pup sleeping on the Liily Belle (see avatar), and Here's pup sleeping thru Aladdin, Here's pup sleeping thru Fantasmic!, Here's pup sleeping on HM, etc..."

bigrockstar
07-18-2007, 08:51 PM

Okay... so I went into Pin trader yesterday at 10:00 to inquire about a special 52nd pin, and was informed that all 1000 of them, park-wide, had sold out within the first couple of hours. When asked about a limit to the number of pins each guest could purchase, the folks at City Hall said "something like four, or eight..." Come On! That doesn't give NORMAL people like me a chance! Seriously... I only wanted one. Now if I still want it, I'll probably have to get it from Ebay in 10 years for $800.00 or something. As far as I know, there was no other merchandise specifically released to commemorate the 52nd. Alright. My rant's over.

By the way, It was fantastic to meet all of you people at the 1:00 thing yesterday! Darkbeer actually didn't have a halo, as I had guessed, and everybody seemed strangely normal. Perhaps it was all just an act... Thanks for a fun Mouse Planet experience. I plan to wear the button everywhere. :D

cstephens
07-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Okay... so I went into Pin trader yesterday at 10:00 to inquire about a special 52nd pin, and was informed that all 1000 of them, park-wide, had sold out within the first couple of hours. When asked about a limit to the number of pins each guest could purchase, the folks at City Hall said "something like four, or eight..."

They rarely release anything for birthdays other than a pin and a watch, unless it's some kind of special birthday.

BTW, here's a picture of the pin. (http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=26693) Since it was a limited edition, it should have been limited to 2 per person, but that doesn't prevent someone from buying 2 pins from multiple locations or over multiple days. The pin was released about a month ago.

And here's the birthday watch that was released. (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x669956eaf) I would presume they haven't sold out of those.

Gone2Disneyland
07-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Like it says on the Disney Pin Trader link cstephens provided, the 52nd Anniversary pin was released a month ago. I happened to see them displayed on a small easel-back acrylic display at the Little Green Men Store Command store by the register while browsing. I was surprised to see them, but glad so I bought a couple. Thinking back, since they were on display out in the open, there was probably no limit to how many pins one could buy, tho' the backer card did say LIMITED EDITION on it.

adriennek
07-19-2007, 06:50 PM
When I parked my car they gave me a lovely card that says "07/17/2007" on it.

Adrienne

(While we were there we were very pleased with how short the lines were for the attractions we wanted to go on. I love how Nemo just sucks up the crowd. :~D )

Adrienne