PDA

View Full Version : Most Romantic Restaurant?

River Belle
07-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi Mouse-Planeteers!

I'm hoping you can help me decide which restaurant to visit next month for a romantic celebration. We're blocked out of the parks right now, so we won't be dining at DL or DCA, but I'm open to suggestions in DD or at any of the hotels.

We've dined at Catal, the Jazz Kitchen, and Storyteller's, but have never been to Napa Rose or any of the restaurants at the DL Hotel.

I'm looking for good food and GREAT atmosphere--not as concerned with price.

Thanks for your help!!!

MoKat72
07-17-2007, 12:39 PM
If you're talking about just resort restaurants, Napa Rose by far for atmosphere and food. However, my husband proposed to me at the Blue Bayou, so I'd have to rank that as the most romantic.

Bytebear
07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Unless you want to venture outside of the resort, Napa Rose is the obvious choice, particularly since cost isn't a factor.

dawnid
07-17-2007, 02:53 PM
I'd suggest Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55. Napa Rose has great lighting and a view but its very busy and not very intimate (tables are close together etc.); Steakhouse 55, if you request a booth, can be very cozy and the decor is very Classic Hollywood (dark wood, dim lighting, Classic Movie Stars on wall).

To me Napa Rose is a romantic celebration and Steakhouse 55 is romantic-sweet-nothings-in-my-ear. If that makes sense....

Pat-n-Eil
07-17-2007, 02:56 PM
I think Granville's at DLH is very nice.. good food, service & atmosphere.

Then there's always the corn dog wagon near the hub.. ;)

Niwel
07-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Now that they've moved the Pirate band, Cafe Orleans (outside, at night) is very romantic. :)

adriennek
07-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Napa. Rose.

I love going there with my husband. The food is just soooo good. And we always order something different from each other so we can taste more items off the menu - and then we take bites of each others food. We consider it a wonderful night out.

Adrienne

River Belle
07-17-2007, 03:05 PM
I'd suggest Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55. Napa Rose has great lighting and a view but its very busy and not very intimate (tables are close together etc.); Steakhouse 55, if you request a booth, can be very cozy and the decor is very Classic Hollywood (dark wood, dim lighting, Classic Movie Stars on wall).

Thanks so much, dawnid! I think you may have sold me on Steakhouse 55! Intimate is good, and I'd be sure to request a booth. Also, the "Classic Hollywood" feel really appeals to me--that's totally our thing. (Ever been to Bing Crosby's out in the desert? We love that place!)

Thanks again for posting and for all of these great specifics!:)

And if anyone else cares to weigh in, I'd still love to read more suggestions!

River Belle
07-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Napa. Rose.

Adrienne! Thanks so much for replying--your posts are always right on (I've always considered you the Disney Maven of Mouse Planet.:)). Now I just have to weigh your suggestion against dawnid's. Won't be easy--you both make a great pitch!

Thanks again.

adriennek
07-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Adrienne! Thanks so much for replying--your posts are always right on (I've always considered you the Disney Maven of Mouse Planet.:)). Now I just have to weigh your suggestion against dawnid's. Won't be easy--you both make a great pitch!

Nah, I just post here more than the true mavens, but you can compliment me any time you like! :D

Dawnid is right. Steakhouse55 is quieter than Napa Rose. I even almost posted about that. Here's why NR wins out over Steakhouse 55 for me:

Steakhouse 55 is... a steakhouse. Napa Rose is a culinary event. Napa Rose is like watching Iron Chef America. I have steakhouses in my town - I don't have a lot of "culinary event" kind of restaurants in my town (and, ok, I love prime rib but I'm just not a huge fan of "just" a steakhouse.)

So while the atmosphere is definitely more "whisper in your ear" romantic, for me, the experience of eating amazing food and drinking a wonderful bottle of wine with my honey is what puts Napa Rose over the top for me. I can "shut out" the noise and relax at NR.

And just to make your decision even harder... if I want a whisper in your ear romantic meal, I hit The Cellar in Fullerton - just up the street on Harbor. It was designed by the crew that built POTC and the manager/maitre d' is the original manager of Club 33. ;)

Adrienne

dawnid
07-17-2007, 10:44 PM
I concur with Adriennek, we like sitting at the Chef's table at the NR and watching the chefs, it is an event not just a dinner. It all depends on what you want for the night. I like to follow up either restaurant with a walk up & down DTD and listen to the music.

The Cellar sounds neat, hubby has a BD coming soon so we may just try something new.

Have Fun!!

danyoung
07-18-2007, 06:39 AM
I think Granville's at DLH is very nice.. good food, service & atmosphere.

Granville's is now Steakhouse 55 - still with great food, service and atmosphere!

adriennek
07-18-2007, 08:21 AM
The Cellar sounds neat, hubby has a BD coming soon so we may just try something new.

I have a feeling you won't be disappointed :)

Adrienne

KarenW2
07-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Another vote for NR, tho we do like Granville's (I prefer the old name!) as well.

Ever since we did the "Chef's Counter" the first time, I haven't been able to talk my hubby out of eating there every time. Before we had our first Counter "experience", we ate in the main dining area and lounge.

The lounge can be much quieter, darker and more romantic, than the brighter, noisier main dining area and kitchen. Last night, there was only one couple dining in the lounge when we were there, so it was very quiet for them. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Hope you have a great time, wherever you choose to dine!