PDA

View Full Version : November - park hours and ride closures

bug
07-17-2007, 11:02 AM
I just booked a nice AP rate at the PP for November 12-18 ($169 for concierge). :) This is my first time at PP and with concierge. Previously I have stayed at the GC, but they didn't have any AP rooms available :crying: . Anyhow, other than being worried about having to lug 2 little kids to the hotel after the day is over, I am very excited about our trip.

I have 2 questions:
1. Is there any chance that they will have the long holiday hours at the parks during that week, or will things close at 8pm? From what I can tell from talk last year, this is just before the holiday hours start and we may get long hours and fireworks on Friday, Sat and Sun (12/16-18), but things will probably close early M-Th. How does Disney decide what the hours should be and why don't they have hours for November posted yet?
2. Will they be finished with the redecoration of the rides for the holiday season? I'd hate to go at a time when things like Small World were closed for decoration...my little guys love that ride!

Wendy Bird
07-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Checking last years schedule from mouse planet (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl061113xx)(scroll to the bottom)
It looks like the Christmas decoration will be up, but the weekday it will close around 8pm.

curtsinore
07-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Open till Midnight during Thanksgiving week? Oh my, I will be like a kid in a candy shop!!! I was already planning on being out of the park from 2-5 and back at the room with dinner and nap. My question is, should I burn the midnight oil and forsake the moring sunshine and arrive for a 10:00 to 2:00 visit and return at 6:00 for six more hours? Or be more discplined and arrive for 8:00 to 2:00 and return at 6:00 to 10:00

bug
07-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks Wendy Bird. I also just realized it 11/12 will be a holiday (Veteran's day) so it might be crowded :(

PinokeFan
07-17-2007, 09:37 PM
1. Is there any chance that they will have the long holiday hours at the parks during that week, or will things close at 8pm? From what I can tell from talk last year, this is just before the holiday hours start and we may get long hours and fireworks on Friday, Sat and Sun (12/16-18), but things will probably close early M-Th.
According to last year's schedule: Even though the Park closed at 8:00PM on M-Th, fireworks were still scheduled daily from November 9 through the end of the year.

tripodjw
07-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Thanks all. I'm new to the site - came here looking for this information as I'm heading to DLR in November (14-16). Thanks to OP for asking the question too :)

I'm hoping for fireworks so last yr's info seems good news.

Looking forwrad to hanging around here a bit more. Great site and forum.

jane

bug
07-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks PinokeFan, I missed that one :) Oh, my dd will be so happy if she can see fireworks every night! I'm hoping to watch them from the concierge lounge or the hot tub in PP so it's not too loud! :D