PDA

View Full Version : Hail to the Princess Aurora! Castle to reopen?

merlinjones
07-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Lot's of great news in Al's latest MiceAge report, including this spectacular speculation!:

>>Aurora returns to her Castle

Building off of the success of the Dead Man's Grotto walkthrough created for Pirate's Lair, there's now a tentative plan to revamp and reopen the Sleeping Beauty diorama walkthrough in the Castle. Using new lighting and audio technology, the walkthrough would reopen as a 21st century take on the 1957 original Eyvind Earle version of the attraction. No major structural changes would be made to the facility, as that would void the grandfather clause the Castle walkthrough has to get around modern ADA laws. But the end result would be a cosmetic upgrade to the basic concept of the original 1950's walkthrough.

For the record, our contacts state the walkthrough was closed in October, 2001 due to security concerns in the wake of the September 11th attacks. The thought is now any concern about security for this Disney icon could be alleviated by placing a few hidden cameras in the corridors of the walkthrough to monitor any mischief. But in the Fall of 2001 when DCA was an utter failure at the ticket booths and the entire travel industry was spiraling into deep recession, the last thing TDA was going to spend money on was cameras for a dusty old walkthrough that few customers visited. The easy and cheap thing to do back then was to simply close the Castle walkthrough "temporarily." Luckily, it now looks like that temporary closure may end in 2008.<<

Lots more Anaheim rumors at:

http://miceage.com/allutz/al071707d.htm

mkraemer
07-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Be still, my heart! I couldn't be happier at this news! We have lamented that closure every time we've visited the park. Hurray, good news!

DangerMouse
07-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Really wonderful news! My youngest has never seen the walkthrough and always begs to go inside her favorite princess' castle. I can tell her that she may be able to next year!!

Another Dimension
07-17-2007, 01:49 PM
SBC walkthru re-opening rumor... :)

Insignificant DCA slam shoehorned into a Disneyland rumor... :rolleyes:

yohomama212
07-17-2007, 10:56 PM
I can't wait to hear if this rumor is true or not! It seriously depressed me to not be able to take my girls through the castle. I have fond memories of reading the story as we walked through! How exciting!!!

Elizabeth

Mickey
07-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Gooooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!

Open It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We Cant Wait!

Hope Its True

tigger08
08-10-2007, 12:18 PM
okay seriously I about cried when I read this!!! so exciting! I missed seeing it when I went with my family in 99 and then when I went back it was closed but we are going in APril so I'm keeping my dream alive and my finger's crosssed that this is one rumor that will happen by the time of my arrival. Jumping for joy.:~D

mistofviolets
08-10-2007, 01:19 PM
I am really hoping this is true! :)

I can remember gong when I was little. When we went back as a family my parents acted like I was crazy when I tried to explain it. Somehow, my teen trip we missed it. ("We walked through the castle. That's how we got to Fantasyland." :rolleyes:) When we finally went back last year, it was too late. :( I'd love to walk through again!

meghan1
08-10-2007, 10:05 PM
This would make me so very happy.

Crazy4DL
08-11-2007, 06:26 AM
It would be wonderful if the walk through reopened! I would have a happy, very much in awe, little princess. :)

Katran
08-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I seriously hope this is true, but I'm not holding my breath. The key word in that article is "tentative". If something else comes up or they decide it's not worth the cost after all, it won't happen. But I sure hope it does.