PDA

View Full Version : A Change in policy for [online booking of] Disney's Magical Express to WDW?

ChuckC
07-16-2007, 01:33 PM
I received an email from DME this weekend cancelling the reservation that I had made online.

I am making this posting for the benefit to those who might need the information.

I am also including the original confirmation that I received after making my DME reservation.

"DME
Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

Thank you for using Disney's Magical Express! The Disney's Magical
Express Airport Transportation Booklet will be mailed approximately 45
days prior to arrival at WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort. If this request was

submitted within 10 days of arrival we cannot guarantee that the booklet
will be mailed in time.

In the event that you do not receive your Disney's Magical Express
booklet with luggage tags, here's what you will do upon arrival into
Orlando. Take the airport tram to the main Terminal and proceed
directly to the Disney Welcome Center which is located on the B side of
the airport on Level 1 (Ground Transportation). If you arrive on the A
side, please proceed to the B side before taking the escalator or
elevator down to level 1.

There will be Disney representatives located on Level 2 on both the A
and B sides of the airport to assist you with directions to the Disney
Welcome Center. At the Welcome Center, you will receive all the
necessary information for your transportation."

The following is the email that I received a few days ago.

"Dear Charles M. Corden

Please be advised we would not be able to process your Disney Magical
Express due to this web site is for our Wholesale Partners.

If you are booked though our Disney Vacation Club please call 1 800 800
9800 for your requests.

If you are booked though our Group Reservation please call 407 827 6777
for your requests.

Sincerely,
Darren"

So today I called Member Services and made my reservations for DME with no problems. The representative that I talked with knew nothing of a change in policy.:confused:

The last two times I traveled to WDW, I made my reservations for the DME online. So this is a change in policy, I guess. I am intrigued by the term "Wholesale Partners.":)

pixiedust
07-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Wholesale partners refers to Walt Disney Travel Company, Southwest Vacations, Delta Vacations, and the many many other vacation package outfits who are authorized by Disney to sell vacation packages to the onsite hotels. Travel agents can also make reservations for clients on the ME website.

I would assume, since there is a radio button on the site to indicate if you are a travel agent/wholesaler or not, that the public would be allowed to use the site for reservations too. Our agency has not received any info to the contrary, but most of our DME bookings are made with the wholesalers anyway, such as Walt Disney Travel Company, that we book our client's vacations with. It's been a few months since I directly used the site myself for a client's separate hotel reservation, but I had no problem with it being accepted.

The DME has always had a 10 day cut-off for sending the booklets and luggage tags out. That part hasn't changed.

Wendi
07-16-2007, 07:23 PM
That is really odd... and the grammar is so poor and unprofessional it makes me cringe to read it!!! Did you add the reservation yourself at the DME website, or add it to your existing reservation on the WDW website originally?

bittyx2
07-17-2007, 07:45 AM
That is odd. I made my reservation on line about a month ago and don't have the flight information yet, but signed up for the DME. I received my packet in the mail about a week ago with no problem. I also received a couple of days ago my confirmation invoice, listing the DME and souvenier luggage tags. I have not experienced any problems, YET.

ChuckC
07-19-2007, 04:24 AM
That is really odd... and the grammar is so poor and unprofessional it makes me cringe to read it!!! Did you add the reservation yourself at the DME website, or add it to your existing reservation on the WDW website originally?

I made the reservation myself at the DME website with no problems at the time.