PDA

View Full Version : Just How Deep Are The Subs, Anyway?

The Evil Queen
07-16-2007, 09:46 AM
A good friend and I are wondering just how far down the Nemo subs actually go. I saw photos of the original subs submerged to just over half way. Since the new ones are running on the same track, has the depth changed at all or are they still only partially submerged?

My friends were just there over the July 4th holiday and don't remember how deep they go; husband says half, wife says completely and I'm supposed to be the tie breaker since I'm the self-proclaimed Disney freak among us...:D I've not yet seen the new ride in person. Only photos here on the Pad.

So I leave it to you good folks...Whaddya say?

nmjohnston874
07-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Same as the originals. There have been lots of photos posted recently.

MermaidHair
07-16-2007, 11:40 AM
The subs do not submerge at all. They are always at the same level in the water. From the pictures it looks like they are about 2/3 underwater. The "submerge" effect is just a screen of bubbles.

RStar
07-16-2007, 03:57 PM
About 5 feet, that's my guess. ;)

ladodgerjon
07-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Safe to say that your head is only 3 feet under water...

kx65 33b
07-20-2007, 05:35 PM
A little break off from the main topic. Does anyone know where the subs go once through the rck with the water fall?

tod
07-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Under the Autopia track, mostly. From the Autopia you can see a door marked "SUBMARINE CAVERN/PORT SIDE" and from the Disneyland Railroad between "it's a small world" and the Tomorrowland Station you can see rocks with vents in them. the vents are black with diesel exhaust from the old Submarine engines.

--t