PDA

View Full Version : Visa Rewards picked up in the park

chiefyouth
07-16-2007, 08:32 AM
We are leaving for our trip to DLR in a month and have been collecting rewards points to spend there. I know they say to order a card 4 weeks before you leave, but I want to have as many as I can since after we get back I will probably never use the card again until we start planning another trip.

I have heard that you can pick up a card in the park. Has anyone ever done this? How difficult is it to activate? Where do you go?

Thanks for your help!

Brian

yellowrosedtxn
07-16-2007, 09:14 AM
I don't know about picking them up in the park, but if you order it now and get it before you go, you can transfer any points you have that are not already on the card. Just go to one of the business centers at the hotels and transfer the points (BUT I think you have to have at least 10 to transfer).

Wendy Bird
07-16-2007, 10:09 AM
From my understanding you can get your reward card in the park (maybe at city hall). I would suggest calling the number on the back of your card to confirm.

Wendy Bird
07-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Missed the chance to order a Disney Rewards Card before your trip?
If you have at least 20 Disney Dream Reward Dollars®6 in your account, you can get a Disney Rewards Card issued at these guest relations areas:
Disney's California Adventure® Theme Park
Disneyland® Resort City Hall
Esplanade

Be sure to bring your Disney Rewards Visa Card and a valid photo I.D.

ghoofie
07-16-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't know about picking them up in the park, but if you order it now and get it before you go, you can transfer any points you have that are not already on the card. Just go to one of the business centers at the hotels and transfer the points (BUT I think you have to have at least 10 to transfer).

Yep. Or just as easy, you can call the 800 number on back of your rewards card and transfer over the phone too. I ordered my latest card and have it ready to go. I'll transfer the dollars as we need them.

emilousmom
07-16-2007, 05:27 PM
We picked up our card at the park. It was right next to DCA. You just go up , give them your card, and then they give you an envelope with an empty card in it. Then you call the number on the back and they transfer the fund so to it. I wouldn't say it took too much extra time?? Maybe 15 to 20 minutes.

Now we did it this way cause I stalled and didn't order my card in tim and refused to pay the express fee. I would personally order the card, have it and then transfer any funds when you get there. Get it withe the minumum amount on it and then transfer.

HTH
Ang

WITron
07-17-2007, 05:52 AM
Yes, it is real easy, but the PRIMARY account holder has to do the actual points transfer.