PDA

View Full Version : AP discount at Steakhouse 55

weluvdisney
07-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Has anyone used it there with the 30% mon-wed? I have never eaten here before but thought this would be a great time to go. Is this a good place with small kids?? Any thoughts would be great

tonytone
07-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Has anyone used it there with the 30% mon-wed? I have never eaten here before but thought this would be a great time to go. Is this a good place with small kids?? Any thoughts would be great
Well technically I didn't use it at 55 (we used it at Yamabuki instead because wanted to try it after its' recent renovation), but w/ a 30% discount it definitely would be worth it. I don't know how small your kids are, but we went there w/ our three kids (8/5/3) and they were fine...although my youngest got a bit carried away and scribbled a bit on the tablecloth w/ the crayons that are provided for small kids.

BarbD
07-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Is this all the time or just this month? Mon-Wed 30% discount?

adriennek
07-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Is this all the time or just this month? Mon-Wed 30% discount?

According to the MousePlanet Disneyland Update "Discounts and Promotions" information (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070716xx#Discounts):

Disneyland Resort annual passholders save 30% off the entire check (excluding alcohol) Mondays through Wednesdays through August 15th.

Adrienne

weluvdisney
07-16-2007, 01:34 PM
thanks for the input. My youngest is 3 but with the discount it is hard to pass up. did you just show your ap or did you print something off website just in case they weren't aware of discount?

snappy
07-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Just a note: Comparing: Napa Rose, Hooks Point, and Steakhouse 55 I would have to say SteakHouse 55 is our favorite! Hooks Point is very tasty and delicious! Napa is good but NO ap discount is available. They use to offer the standard 15% but no longer honor it.

danyoung
07-17-2007, 10:47 AM
They are very much aware of the discount. Just show them your AP card. I had dinner there with my brother a couple weeks ago, and it was excellent! We also had a couple of Pixar folks sitting at the next table, which made for some interesting eavesdropping!

biolabetty
07-17-2007, 11:35 AM
I've seen small children there, but I know for myself I wouldn't go there with mine because it is a pretty quiet place. My kids aren't quiet, I don't like to have to worry about them being too loud for someone else (and I've experienced this at a restaurant, not Disney, before, when all the people in the restaurant clapped when we left.) I like to take mine someplace that feels more comfortable for them, and then I can relax.

tonytone
07-23-2007, 03:05 PM
I've seen small children there, but I know for myself I wouldn't go there with mine because it is a pretty quiet place. My kids aren't quiet, I don't like to have to worry about them being too loud for someone else (and I've experienced this at a restaurant, not Disney, before, when all the people in the restaurant clapped when we left.) I like to take mine someplace that feels more comfortable for them, and then I can relax.
LOL--I guess that's why we choose to go there around 5:30 pm or so (or, maybe the CS rep slotted us there after we told her that we had three small kids...ha ha!), when the dinner crowd has yet to arrive...thus, there aren't as many diners in there that might not like the din generated by excited children. :D

bigrockstar
07-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey, any place I can get a 3-course Prix Fixe menu for $20 is my kind of place!
Gourmet Ceasar salad, petite new-york steak with garlic mashers, DELICIOUS tart ala mode for $29 regularly, works out to be $20.30 before taxes. I am a pretty big guy who can eat a lot, and I left very satisfied. This was the best deal on food we had while visiting the parks last week. It is well worth the walk through DTD.

jeffat2
07-23-2007, 08:16 PM
What is the appropriate dress ?
Thanks In advance Jeff

TikiTiki
07-24-2007, 12:13 AM
When we were there Christmas of '06, we noticed a wide array of clothing. From park casual to formal wear. I know that 55 knows it's a theme park and they were so gracious when we called to mmake reservations for the first time.

We asked specifically if it was alright to be in park/resort attire with a young one in sweatpants and Mickey ears and they said "Of course!"

When we got there we saw a large group all dressed up, looked like and anniversary, in the back dining room and seated on either side of us were two families of four.

One with two little ones complete in princess gown and pirate hat. No worries there. The other family.. t-shirts and jeans and sweatshirts.

Great place, wonderful food and an atmospere that truly caters to ALL on vacation!