PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving at Disneyland?

Kell
07-15-2007, 05:10 PM
I have asked a few people, but still want to know more.

Do you like to go this time of year? Pros and cons? We are going trip is booked and paid for. I just want to know what to expect.

tod
07-15-2007, 06:04 PM
It's just another day at Disneyland, with Christmas decorations.

If you're looking for something special, there isn't any. Maybe there'll be a special dinner at the Disneyland Hotel.

I'm not being negative, really. It's just not a special day.

--t

Infinitely
07-15-2007, 06:09 PM
expect to have a wonderful time! You are at Disneyland.

Pro is cooler weather, Haunted Mansion Holiday is up (as might be Small World, I am not sure), Christmas shopping, with a lot of decorations to choose from.

DangerMouse
07-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Expect extremely large crowds and plan accordingly. Other than that, have a wonderful time and enjoy the Holiday season at the Happiest Place on Earth. :)

PhiSigDuchessCV
07-15-2007, 08:24 PM
We went last year. Most of the sit down restuarants have some type of Turkey dinner. We had ADR at the restaurant closest to Pirates (not blue bayou). First time we ever had turkey with andouille saugase stuffing - interesting. Next time I think we'll just wait in line at Plaza Inn.

Also, they had a parade for the turkey that was pardoned by the President. After the parade it was on display over at Big Thunder ranch.

We're planning to go again this year.

Wendi
07-15-2007, 08:33 PM
I was there Monday through Thursday last year. The crowds weren't as bad as I'd expected at all, so that was nice. The weather was nice... warm enough for short sleeves during the day and a sweatshirt thrown on at night. The crowds built up every day a little bit more. On TG day they had the big signs up at all of the entry points stating that it was expected to be a capacity day and the gates may close (can't remember if they did close for a while or not though). We actually didn't enter the parks TG day because Max was sick so we just strolled around DTD and went to our reservation for Goofy's Kitchen (but just before our name was called Max got really sick, so we got a refund and left!!!)

We are going again this year at the same time and I'm hoping to be able to eat this time!!!

All of the Christmas festivities are in full swing already, so you will get to see Santa, the Christmas Parade and snow after the fireworks, plus the holiday themed attractions.

going2disneyAZ
07-16-2007, 09:24 AM
We were there Thurs to Sunday in 2005. While we had a great time it was very crowded. The park did close for new attendance each afternoon. Enhanced Fastpass from AAA (no longer available) and stroller passes were the only thing that saved us! We probably won't do it again as we prefer less crowed times. But we are trying New Years this year....and will probably be more crowded....

Rhiannon8404
07-16-2007, 11:41 AM
We have been going to Disneyland Thanksgiving week for the last 5 years or so. We love it. The first part of the week is great. Thursday and Friday are pretty crowded, not "height of summer" crowded, but moreso than earlier in the week.

We love the Christmas decorations. And the parade. There aren't really any special Thanksgiving things going on inside the parks, that I can remember, but the Disneyland Hotel has a huge buffet dinner. And lots of the Downtown Disney restaurants have Thanksgiving Day dinners. We do something different each year for Thanksgiving Day dinner.

Disneygirl65
07-16-2007, 12:52 PM
We were there 2 years ago on Thanksgiving. It was as other's said, wonderful.... :)
The parade, most places serving Turkey dinners, Santa, it was a great day for us.

curtsinore
07-16-2007, 08:18 PM
We are visiting California from Friday the 16th and leaving on the 23rd. Will be in the parks from Sunday night till Thursday night. I am planning on Monday-Wednesday to be light and spending Thursday to watch all the activities and stay away from lines. My son, then six, and I visited Thanksgiving of 2001, and found the park to be empty because of 9/11. I am bringing a 45 year-old first time visitor on this trip so am planning and looking for all the details of this holiday trip.

CindyH
07-17-2007, 09:55 AM
We have been going to Disneyland Thanksgiving week for the last 5 years or so. We love it. The first part of the week is great. Thursday and Friday are pretty crowded, not "height of summer" crowded, but moreso than earlier in the week.

We love the Christmas decorations. And the parade. There aren't really any special Thanksgiving things going on inside the parks, that I can remember, but the Disneyland Hotel has a huge buffet dinner. And lots of the Downtown Disney restaurants have Thanksgiving Day dinners. We do something different each year for Thanksgiving Day dinner.

Rhiannon8404, have you ever had the park closed after opening because of crowds, during Thanksgiving week? I guess specifically on Thanksgiving, since that'll probably be the busiest day we're there (we also leave on the 23rd). Thanks!

Rhiannon8404
07-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Rhiannon8404, have you ever had the park closed after opening because of crowds, during Thanksgiving week? I guess specifically on Thanksgiving, since that'll probably be the busiest day we're there (we also leave on the 23rd). Thanks!
It has never happened when we were there.