PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Bob

cyby
07-14-2007, 03:19 AM
Earlier tonight, while I was finding a good place to watch the 1030 show of Fantasmic, an older CM named Bob, dressed in a buttoned down white shirt (rather than a Fantasmic outfit), started to ask people to move. He also did it in a most interesting way - asking us whether or not we wanted to get closer, and if we did, to follow him.

A large crowd soon gathered behind him, and we were deposited at the left side of the Rivers of America, just in front of the canoes. We all thanked him, and he left for a few minutes. Soon after though, he returned with a red pouch, and started to randomly give away candies and some buttons to some people waiting. He also performed and got some volunteers to do something.

I've never seen this happen before, but I've also never seen Fantasmic from that area. I was never aware of anyone special moving crowds, or even entertainment. I thought the way Bob did things was very very interesting and cool too - he had one of those garbage pickers and was at times swinging it like a sabre. A few of us started to call him Drill Sergeant Bob.

Anyone heard of or know about this CM?

biolabetty
07-14-2007, 12:18 PM
A couple of years ago I took my mother and my kids to see the F! show and had the riverside seating. Bob saw my mom's birthday button and got the whole crowd's attention and had everyone sing happy birthday to her. He also had my kids help him do something and gave them each a lollipop for their help. My mom had the most memorable birthday ever because of Bob, he's a treasure.

Crazydave
07-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Last time I saw fanstasmic, there was an older cast member walking around. He was wearing a plaid-like shirt with suspenders (I never saw his name)...but... I remember him repeating

"it's stand up time..... it's stand up time"
"If you want to get closer follow me.... if you want to get closer follow me"

So I did then all of sudden (without me really knowing it) I was surrounded by a rope, with a decent spot!

Then a while later I saw him walking behind me saying
"If you wanna get closer follow me... if you wanna get closer follow me" and he was headed up the hills towards the left side as you face the river with a small crowd who I think was following him... it was really crowded