PDA

View Full Version : September or October trip

mousekadoo
07-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Help please!! I booked a trip to Disneyland the 17th - 21st of September with the plan to spend my DS's birthday there. But he doesn't want to spend his birthday in Disneyland:rolleyes: So, How crowded would October 8-12th be? Or September 10th - 14th. TIA

kikid
07-14-2007, 06:01 AM
I booked Sept 13th (for my Birthday:D) and the ressies were wide open. Hopefully all the kiddos are back in session after summer break. October seems to be the busier month due to Halloween. Everyone wants to see the decorations;)

Wendi
07-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Neither should be too crowded, I would opt for October because I like the cooler weather, sometimes September is still too hot for me!

Alisonsmom
07-14-2007, 08:35 AM
I would pick October. The crowds do seem less because everyone is officially back in school. I went last year for Halloween and I didn't see any increase in crowds due to the decorations. It was the first year however so maybe word has gotten out and they'll be more this year. I've gone every October every year for about 4 years and it's great. In fact, I only go to Disneyland October - March. Cooler weather and lower crowds (with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas).

Leofoenget
07-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Help please!! I booked a trip to Disneyland the 17th - 21st of September with the plan to spend my DS's birthday there. But he doesn't want to spend his birthday in Disneyland:rolleyes: So, How crowded would October 8-12th be? Or September 10th - 14th. TIA

The first 2 weeks of October are very crowded. Gay Days, the OC kids on year round schools have the first 2 weeks off PLUS Columbus day. Crowds should drop back down after the 15th.

sorry.

mousekadoo
07-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks for all the info. We decided to postpone it one week, September 24th - 29th. WooHoo!! I'm more excited than the kids!

Chadsgal
07-15-2007, 08:34 PM
The first 2 weeks of October are very crowded. Gay Days, the OC kids on year round schools have the first 2 weeks off PLUS Columbus day. Crowds should drop back down after the 15th.

sorry.

This makes me very sad. We are going Sept 28- Oct 5 and I was looking forward to it being less crowded, we normally go in June. I knew about Gay Days on the first weekend but I didn't know about the OC schools. *SIGH*

barely
07-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Also, someone mentioned that the LA schools will be out on September 13 (Thursday), and that contributes to major crowds on that day.:crying: