PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cruise 101 Question

Techie7
06-30-2002, 07:37 AM
When a boat dies while on stage what is the SOP for dealing with this? I know that the guns used to be used to signal a problem. Yesterday while exiting Indy I was surprised to see a boat traveling backwards full of people. On top of that I was even more surprised when I saw it was towing another boat full of people. I can only assume that the boat died on the track and had to get back. Thanks for any information anyone might have.

This prob happens quite a bit but it was one of those things where I was in the right place at the right time to see it so now I am interested.

Cadaverous Pallor
07-01-2002, 03:25 PM
Here's a helpful bump, since I am also intrigued.

Any skippers out there that can help?

DisneylandKid
07-01-2002, 04:07 PM
I think I read something in MouseTales about how they send divers out. Maybe that's to put derailed boats back on the track. Don't remember exactly.

Durliin
07-01-2002, 07:11 PM
If the Boat 3 Shots(just Dies) we send out a boat to tow it in.. if a Boat Derails we send the boat out either forward or backwards through the attraction depending if the Front Guide Derailed or the rear Guide. They Pull the boat up next to the derailed boat a Facilities CM gets on the boat while usually a Jungle Skipper Stamds pm the back of the good boat pushing the Derailed boat into allignment so the Facilities Cm can put the Guide back on the Rail. As for getting the attention of the other boats we now use Airhorns to replace the Guns and plus there is the Radio we use to contact the Lead or anyone in the shipping office to let them know what is going on...