PDA

View Full Version : A Family-Friendly Halloween Tradition Returns as Disney's Halloween Time Brings...

Darkbeer
07-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Disneyland Resort Press Release

A FAMILY-FRIENDLY HALLOWEEN TRADITION RETURNS AS DISNEY’S HALLOWEENTIME BRINGS TRICKS & TREATS BACK TO DISNEYLAND RESORT!

Halloween Dreams Come True Beginning Sept. 21
When Parks and Characters Are Transformed
For the Autumn Holiday Season

ANAHEIM, Calif. (July 13, 2007) -- Following up on the success of its inaugural season last year, Disney’s HalloweenTime will return to the Disneyland Resort this fall with a lively mix of Disney characters in seasonal costumes, whimsical décor, decked-out attractions, themed shows and tasty treats designed with the whole family in mind. This inviting interactive Halloween experience at Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure will begin a week earlier this year starting Friday, Sept. 21, and continuing through Wednesday, Oct. 31. HalloweenTime at the Resort is part of the Year of a Million Dreams celebration at Disney Parks.
All new this Halloween season, the Sunshine Plaza in California Adventure will become the site of “Candy Corn Acres,” where Mickey Mouse’s pal Goofy will set out to grow the West’s biggest and most unusual candy corn: candy corn coconuts, candy corn carrots and candy corn pumpkins, among other delicious produce offerings. The Plaza will be overgrown with the “fruits” of Goofy’s labor.

Also expanded will be Mickey’s HalloweenTreat, a separate-ticket nighttime event which gives kids and their families the opportunity to dress in their Halloween costumes and trick-or-treat throughout Disney’s California Adventure after it has closed to day guests. This year’s HalloweenTreat will offer tricksters of all ages more treat locations along with fun character encounters (including an all-new nightly cavalcade), interactive games, and spirited music with DJ Mickey. Older kids and parents will want to experience the heart-dropping Twilight Zone Tower of Terror® and meet the hotel’s ghostly staff members who materialize only during the Halloween season.

This year, additional nights have been scheduled for Mickey’s HalloweenTreat: Thursdays and Fridays beginning October 4 plus Monday-Wednesday, October 29-31. Tickets go on sale August 1.

During regular park hours at Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure, Disney’s HalloweenTime will offer parents and children lots of not-so-scary fun in addition to the parks’ many popular Year of a Million Dreams adventures. HalloweenTime experiences will include special Halloween shows, meet-and-greets with Disneyland characters in their Halloween costumes and spooky-silly holiday themed decorations which guests begin to spot as soon as they reach the entrances to the parks.

Jack-o’-lantern creations resembling Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto and Goofy will adorn the top of the Main Entrance to Disneyland park. Across the Esplanade, at the entrance to Disney’s California Adventure park, guests will see the iconic 11-foot-tall CALIFORNIA letters transformed into giant pieces of candy corn.

Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland will once again be decked out for the Main Street Pumpkin Festival. Guests will be greeted there by Miss Cobbler, Queen of the Pumpkin Festival, and Constable Jackie O’Leary. More than 300 jack-o’-lanterns will peek out of shop windows, while festive orange and yellow bunting will grace the quaint Victorian buildings. The whimsical 12-foot tall Mickey Mouse jack-o’-lantern, complete with pumpkin ears, will return to highlight Town Square, smiling at guests as they enter Main Street and giving them a playful wink when they depart.

The Central Plaza of Disneyland, near Sleeping Beauty Castle, will also be specially decorated with Disney character-inspired jack-o’-lanterns surrounding the famous “Partners” statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse. Additionally, the Disney characters themselves will get into the “spirit” of the occasion, wearing their favorite Halloween costumes, while meeting and greeting guests.

“Woody’s Halloween Roundup” once again will take over Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland. The Roundup fun will include a visit with the animals in the “Petting Boo,” crafts and musical activities including a Halloween Hoedown and a spooky interactive sing-along version of “Old McDonald Had a Farm” featuring black cats, ghosts and werewolves. Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from the Disney•Pixar Toy Story movies will appear throughout the day on stage in comic adventure tales hosted by a guitar playing, storytelling cowboy. The Roundup will also feature an array of tasty treats to satisfy the most monstrous of appetites, including cotton candy in Halloween colors and Creepy Cookie Critters that guests create themselves.

Returning to Disney’s California Adventure will be the spooky Hollywood Tower Hotel staff members who haunt the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror during the Halloween season, and “Golden Screams,” where Disney villains roll out the black carpet for an awards ceremony – “Best Scream,” “Best Act of Villainy” – held daily inside the Golden Dreams Theatre.

Favorite Disney villains, including Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmatians, the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, Captain Hook from Peter Pan and others, will roam both Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure for HalloweenTime meet-and-greets with park guests.

Throughout the Disneyland Resort during Disney’s HalloweenTime, families can enjoy unique Halloween-themed food items including Zero’s Ghostly Ghoulash, a favorite of Jack Skellington’s pet in “Haunted Mansion Holiday,” and merchandise including Disney costumes, collectible pins and coins, and a special set of Halloween-themed Mickey Mouse ears resembling a Mickey jack-o’-lantern.

And no Halloween celebration at Disneyland would be complete without the return of Jack Skellington and his friends to transform the Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square into the popular seasonal “Haunted Mansion Holiday.” Inspired by the innovative animated film Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas, “Haunted Mansion Holiday” depicts the holiday mayhem that occurs when Halloween and Christmas traditions collide.

Disney’s HalloweenTime will be presented throughout the Disneyland Resort from Sept. 21 – Oct. 31, 2007 as part of the Year of a Million Dreams celebration at the Resort. For more information about new attractions, the Year of a Million Dreams, and vacations at Disneyland Resort visit www.disneyland.com (http://www.disneyland.com/), call (866) 60-DISNEY or visit local travel agents. The Official Disneyland Resort Audio and Video Podcasts can be found at www.disneyland.com/podcast (http://www.disneyland.com/podcast).

Darkbeer
07-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Interesting to note...

No Halloween Parade

No Halloween Fireworks

(Both were rumored)

But we get the return of Golden Screams, one of the lamest things I have ever seen Disney offer...

mkraemer
07-13-2007, 10:59 AM
I thought that the decorations for Halloween were wonderful last year. We enjoyed the Woody's Roundup area. I thought that the decorations at the Tower were terrific. Golden Screams should have been shuttered. But in general, it was nice to see the parks dressed up for Halloween.

We were underwhelmed by the Mickey's Halloween Treat last year and won't go back again, particularly for the increased price. If they'd had a parade and fireworks? That would've been much nicer.

cstephens
07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Yay for Halloweentime!

disneyperson
07-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Dangit! I wanted a parade! And I agree with Darkbeer that Golden Screams was very lame indeed.

We still enjoyed Dl at Halloween last year though, and are looking forward to going again.

But I REALLY wanted a parade.:crying:

olegc
07-13-2007, 02:44 PM
well, it did say that there would be a "cavalcade" in DCA during Halloween Treat - so my guess is it's a mini parade?

and I would doubt we would ever get a parade down Main Street in Disneyland - otherwise they would have to create a separate ticket for that side of the resort (a la WDW and Not So Scary Halloween Party).

I agree that the increased price seems to not be justified with this press release. unless of course the plan to give me $5.00 worth of candy extra (and at DLR pricess, that's about 1/4 pound). I guess it's paying the fees to create Goofy's candy corn garden.

hey - maybe that's it. The more we pay the more entertainment and decorations we get. So - can I get a discount if I help put the pumpkins and corn stalks out myself at DCA? :p

spectromen
07-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Well, with Block Party Bash gone by then, there's plenty of room in the float warehouse for DCA....however it would take at least another year of planning and design, I think.

Rkkm
07-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks, DB!! I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another Dimension
07-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, with Block Party Bash gone by then, there's plenty of room in the float warehouse for DCA....however it would take at least another year of planning and design, I think.

Do you know the official closing date for Bash?

Leslie21
07-13-2007, 10:31 PM
I was really hoping for a fireworks show but I'm still very excited!!! Halloween is my favorite holiday! :)

Baloo
07-13-2007, 11:04 PM
The fireworks were not scheduled to premier this year. They are still being considered for 2008 - 2009.

Also the halloween treat special event is still in its first stages and should keep gorwing as the years progress. remember DCA will eventually have the infrustructure for a water, light and pyro shows in its lagoon.

This year more decorations will be added then last year and a small calvacade is scheduled for this year.

I agree Golden screams was a mess but was actually quite succesful and unless its attendances drops this year it will continue until the facility is turned into a new attraction.

Darkbeer
07-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Last I heard, Block Party Bash runs thru early January (end of Christmas Break) and then closes to be shipped to WDW, where it starts in early March (Spring Break).

Disney Vault
07-14-2007, 12:03 PM
The fireworks were not scheduled to premier this year. They are still being considered for 2008 - 2009.

Thanks for the info. I was really hoping it would be this year too.

Leofoenget
07-14-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm excited. I booked my trip for that week and didnt even know it was gonna be Halloween time again, since it is a week earlier. Yay for me!

Glass Slipper
07-14-2007, 10:10 PM
It is sad to see that once again on my October trip I will not be able to see Golden Dreams due to the Halloween-themed "substitute" that I heard so many bad revues on last year. I realize that Golden Dreams is not one of the most popular DCA attractions, but we always enjoy it. Guess that is the sacrifice I have to make for going on my birthday week....which happens to be in the month of Halloween! Wouldn't miss Haunted Mansion Holiday for anything though--absolutely love it!

By the way, does anyone have an idea what "Zero's Ghostly Ghoulash" consists of and which restaurants will be serving it? Just curious, as I am famous for sampling my way through the Disneyland resort:)

The Real Cinderella
07-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Guess that is the sacrifice I have to make for going on my birthday week....which happens to be in the month of Halloween! Wouldn't miss Haunted Mansion Holiday for anything though--absolutely love it!

Here's a question: Why do they convert it to Haunted Mansion Holiday BEFORE Halloween?? Seems to me like a spooky, ghost filled mansion fits the bill quite nicely for Halloween. Snow and Sandy Claws? Not so much ...

cstephens
07-15-2007, 11:38 AM
By the way, does anyone have an idea what "Zero's Ghostly Ghoulash" consists of and which restaurants will be serving it? Just curious, as I am famous for sampling my way through the Disneyland resort:)

It was served only at French Market last year (French Market is where they have the Nightmare-themed entrees), and here's what the menu listing said (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/10-01-06/113.jpg).

Here's what I wrote about it last year:

I asked the CM what goulash was, and she described it as beef stew without the potatoes over noodles, so I decided to have that. Even though the menu doesn't say so, the dish comes with a side salad and a sourdough bread bone.

Here's a picture of the ghoulash (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/10-01-06/103.jpg) along with the side salad that comes with it and the dessert that I chose that day. I really enjoyed the ghoulash and look forward to having it again this year.

jefhar
07-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I can't complain too much about Golden Screams. My 6 yr old daugther won the Best Scream award and had to face off with the witch from Snow White.
That was about the extent of the excitement, though.

cindyland
09-17-2007, 11:01 AM
We arrive at DL "Resort" on 10/31 and we're planning on visiting DL on this day, then pop into DCA on Friday/Saturday. How long will they have the extra Halloween theme at TOT?

Anybody know?